- - - - -

CAG's Eternal Champions! - Fighting Thread XIX

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:01 AM

looks like I'm gonna be a DS owner for a little bit...getting one in a trade that I planned to sell right away, but I gotta try out Card Fighters :)

#62 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:30 AM

i used to catch flicks at the chula vista mall and hit up tilt there for some mvc1, though it was just usually scrubs.. is that place still there?

It's still there, but sadly no one plays there anymore. There's a lil MVC2 but that's about it.

Most people play at Plaza Bonita Tilt down the way now... they have:

2 Marvel vs Capcom 2 machines
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
Capcom vs SNK 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

Among other fighting games... all they need is 3S and ST O_O.

#63 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5186 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:45 AM

Does SF 3S work on XBOX360 yet?

I've been playing a ton of T5:DR the last few weeks. I had to stop though because I was getting behind in my work.

#64 kristianator   Intercontinental Champ CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

kristianator

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:59 AM

are there any 3s machines in san diego? when i was down there for comic con, i couldn't find anything.

#65 ratzombie   aka yunkie CAGiversary!   12864 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:25 AM

It's still there, but sadly no one plays there anymore. There's a lil MVC2 but that's about it.

Most people play at Plaza Bonita Tilt down the way now... they have:

2 Marvel vs Capcom 2 machines
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
Capcom vs SNK 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

Among other fighting games... all they need is 3S and ST O_O.

Nice. I haven't been to Plaza Bonita in forever, I'll have to check it out when I'm town next time.

#66 kristianator   Intercontinental Champ CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

kristianator

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:36 AM

Nice. I haven't been to Plaza Bonita in forever, I'll have to check it out when I'm town next time.

i haven't been able to find a great steak and potato as bomb as the one i used to hit up in plaza bonita.

#67 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:36 AM

i haven't been able to find a great steak and potato as bomb as the one i used to hit up in plaza bonita.

And that's the truth.

I'm amazed at how many ppl have come through San Diego! :)

There's quite a few of us lol.

But yea there are three 3S machines. One at Nickel City off Carmel Mountain Rd. off the 15 FWY. The other at SDSU. And the final one at a movie theater in Chula Vista. lol.

#68 ratzombie   aka yunkie CAGiversary!   12864 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

And that's the truth.

But yea there are three 3S machines. One at Nickel City off Carmel Mountain Rd. off the 15 FWY. The other at SDSU. And the final one at a movie theater in Chula Vista. lol.

Well, I was born and raised in San Diego until about a year or two ago, things got too expensive, so we had to move to Arizona.

I still visit often though, to visit family and what not. :D

#69 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12785 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:49 PM

You know, the MUGEN "community" is really retarded at times.

http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net/

Is it just me or is it damn hypocritical to say that when they take sprites from other companies games without authorization?

I saw this post in the previous thread, I guess Guile didn't see the new thread yet. Anyways I agree, this is very hypocritical. Plus if they aren't making money off of it I see no problem. I thought MUGEN was a community were people shared sprites, BGs and ideas.

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:54 PM

I saw this post in the previous thread, I guess Guile didn't see the new thread yet. Anyways I agree, this is very hypocritical. Plus if they aren't making money off of it I see no problem. I thought MUGEN was a community were people shared sprites, BGs and ideas.

sounds like the owner is PMSing

#71 GuilewasNK   No gimmicks necessary. CAGiversary!   21267 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:32 AM

Oops! I forgot to check the post count in the other thread.

evanft, Mugenguild is where I find the most stuff for Mugen.

#72 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12785 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:01 AM

Famitsu review of Guilty Gear DS:
Guilty Gear Dust Strikers (NDS, Arc System Works): 8, 6, 6, 7 - (27/40)

Did they get a better version than us? Cause it's wasn't that good.

#73 halu102   F-Smash your ass! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:03 AM

Haha, I don't think so. I also admit that GG DS was not very good at all. Maybe it's the Guilty Gear fanbase over there, I suppose.

#74 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12785 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:11 AM

Haha, I don't think so. I also admit that GG DS was not very good at all. Maybe it's the Guilty Gear fanbase over there, I suppose.

Well since 90% of the population owns a DS, there must be a lot of multiplayer going on.

#75 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5186 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 01 October 2006 - 03:21 AM

Aren't most mugen character rips copyrighted characters from SNK, Capcom, and etc.? Hmmmmmmm......

#76 crystalklear64   Ded CAGiversary!   13617 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 01 October 2006 - 03:45 AM

Dunno if you guys speak about this in your thread... what about some Kaillera action with some of these games?

#77 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12785 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:11 AM

Aren't most mugen character rips copyrighted characters from SNK, Capcom, and etc.? Hmmmmmmm......

Exactly, that's what was so hypocritical about his request of not wanting people to host his creations he did.

However the people that actually convert characters to Mugen and edit the ripped sprites think it's not hypocritical. They seem to justify it by saying they put many hours of work in creating this character and it's considered fan art. They believe they own the code to the edited character sprite. And while I agree and belive credit is due to them, they have to realize MUGEN's base principle is to "create your own fighter by borrowing other people's work." There's always gonna be a-holes that want to steal your work and pass it as thier own, but if you're an active part of the MUGEN community people will know who you are and give you the credit you "think" you deserve. It's better to just shurg it off instead of crying about it.

#78 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:25 AM

I got my review copy of GG Judgement for PSP today and played the beat-em-up for about 20 min today and say it's pretty fun. It definitly feels like what a GG beat-em-up should.

and yes, that Mugen guy needs to get out of high school...

I still want news on that KoF DS game...

#79 Jimbo Slice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7383 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Jimbo Slice

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:51 PM

Dunno if you guys speak about this in your thread... what about some Kaillera action with some of these games?

UMK3 or XvSF and I'm down.

#80 kainzero   scv good to go sir CAGiversary!   3930 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

kainzero

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

And that's the truth.

there's another one up north, i think. boomers in vista, but it's far.

i heard the damage was all messed up... like you can do 8 gj combos. har

#81 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:18 PM

I still am desperatly in wait for UMK3 on XBLA... it'll give me a good exuse to finally try and be good at a 2D MK game.

#82 Jimbo Slice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7383 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Jimbo Slice

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:20 PM

Anyone bored and good w/ photo editing programs? I want this picture resized so that I could use it as my avatar, but I'm horrible with Photoshop/Gimp etc...

http://bohyou.vis.ne.../aof/eban01.jpg

I'd really appreciate it!

#83 mjainerin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:41 PM

some of my latest fighter pickups for my collection.

King of fighters evolution x2
SF alpha 3
Primal Rage (longbox)
Tekken 1

all psx

and shaq fu for genesis
if anyone has an fighters for trade or for very cheap, let me know

#84 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:16 AM

Anyone bored and good w/ photo editing programs? I want this picture resized so that I could use it as my avatar, but I'm horrible with Photoshop/Gimp etc...

give GuileWasNK a PM as he is pretty good with that stuff. I could do it, but I don't have enough time ATM.

#85 ratzombie   aka yunkie CAGiversary!   12864 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:30 AM

Posted Image

Is that good?

#86 Jimbo Slice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7383 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Jimbo Slice

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:26 PM

Posted Image

Is that good?

Thanks so much man. I really appreciate it!

#87 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:19 PM

so UMK3 will probably hit live on the 9th, 10th, or 11th?

#88 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:29 PM

Probably the 10th which I believe is a Wednesday... they want to keep XBLA Wednesday's alive, I've heard.

#89 Jimbo Slice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7383 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Jimbo Slice

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:10 AM

October 10th? No way! That's to good to be true.

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:56 PM

since they haven't said anything, I'm just assuming they'll release it sometime next year.