- - - - -

CAG's Eternal Champions! - Fighting Thread XIX

#91 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:41 PM

A little off topic, but if anyone actually cared about the New Fist of the North Star show, Righstuf has the DVDs for $5 each (3 discs total.) Awesome deal... show's badass. And it's really angry too.

On a side note, I finished Yakuza yesterday and it really was a great game. Go git' it.

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

A little off topic, but if anyone actually cared about the New Fist of the North Star show, Righstuf has the DVDs for $5 each (3 discs total.) Awesome deal... show's badass. And it's really angry too.

On a side note, I finished Yakuza yesterday and it really was a great game. Go git' it.

thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll order those....still need to get GITS: 2nd gig vol 6 and 7 (the end of vol 5 is rough!), as well as EVA platinum.

on topic: Rolento revealed last night that he actually is Rolento. it's not just a handle!

#93 halu102   F-Smash your ass! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:32 PM

Ahhh, Fist of the North Star, I watched the old one and it was pretty badass. Heads exploding and what not. Kenshiro is the man. How does the new one fare to the old one? I heard the older one was a little better.

Oh yeah, I hope Fist of the North Star comes out for PS2 soon, it looks like an awesome game.

#94 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

on topic: Rolento revealed last night that he actually is Rolento. it's not just a handle!

I sure as hell wished so... on a note though, please no one label me as an emo just because I have long hair... I just realize I look alot better with long hair compared to when I use to shave it quite a bit.

anyone dressing up this holloween as gaming characters? jimfoley would easily be able to do a Mr. Karate costume... just bulk up and find a tengu mask.

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:40 PM

I sure as hell wished so... on a note though, please no one label me as an emo just because I have long hair... I just realize I look alot better with long hair compared to when I use to shave it quite a bit.

anyone dressing up this holloween as gaming characters? jimfoley would easily be able to do a Mr. Karate costume... just bulk up and find a tengu mask.

:lol: you're definitely not emo. I was just kidding with you. I forget what exactly it was you said.

I'm probably not dressing up...If I dressed up as a game character, I would surely end up on the butt end of a bad cosplay thread.

Halu102-- you win the thread for having a Sion/Melty Blood themed sig :D

#96 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:45 PM

Ahhh, Fist of the North Star, I watched the old one and it was pretty badass. Heads exploding and what not. Kenshiro is the man. How does the new one fare to the old one? I heard the older one was a little better.

Oh yeah, I hope Fist of the North Star comes out for PS2 soon, it looks like an awesome game.

The old FOTNS was pretty shitty... sorta like a GI Joe with people exploding for no reason. New Fist of the North Star is awesome... though it's kinda a love it or hate it show. There's still a ton of violence, but the storyline is actually legitimate this time around. The sheer testosterone in the show is just disgusting and some of Kenshiro's lines are among the greatest ever spoken.

And the FOTNS game is scheduled to come out on the PS2 in March 2007.

On a side note, Rightstuf also had Chrono Crusade in the bargain bin. Which is great because I've been meaning to pick up that show... it's really damn good.

#97 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:48 PM

On a side note, Rightstuf also had Chrono Crusade in the bargain bin. Which is great because I've been meaning to pick up that show... it's really damn good.

You can get the box set from Best Buy for like $35... not sure if you still can, though.

#98 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

You can get the box set from Best Buy for like $35... not sure if you still can, though.

It had all the extras removed from it though... so if you're anal like me, there's only one option and that's the singles.

I did get the really nice art box though.

#99 Jimbo Slice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7383 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Jimbo Slice

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

Actually, oddly enough, I'm already being Wario. Me and my friends are doing a Mushroom Kingdom thing and me and one of my lanky buddies decided to be Wario and Waluigi. We also have The Princess, Mario&Luigi, Bowser and Toad I think. It's sweet because the costumes are like semi-professional, because my brothers GF graduated from the Philadelphia Art Institute and is ridicilously good with fabrics.

#100 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

I dressed up for Halloween last year... my friend and I were Mario and Luigi lol. This year we might go as Ghostbusters. I want me a proton pack, a real one, but those shits are expensive! haha.

#101 halu102   F-Smash your ass! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:34 PM

hehe, apossum, ty. I was planning on putting the full picture in my sig, but it might be too hentai-ish for you guys.

Hehe, I never really think about dressing up for halloween. Maybe this year, maybe. Oh and cosplaying... the horror, the horror.... not that it's bad or anything, but I've seen a fair share of bad cosplaying. I would like to post some scary pics I saw, but i fear it would deviate too far OT.

Oh yeah, just watched some NFOTNS on youtube, looks tite, even tighter than the old one, but the story seems a bit bland...but then again, the FOTNS never had an in depth story, it was just badass action throughout. But yeah, damn, that game is a long ways off...

#102 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

NFOTNS' story actually did end up being good though despite the premise sounding kinda bland. As for dressing up for Halloween, I've always wanted to dress up as Alucard from Hellsing... never gotten around to it though.

Oh, and PM me the whole pic please. It ain't too hentai-ish.. whatever it is. :lol:

#103 halu102   F-Smash your ass! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:48 PM

Wow, Alucard, that's gonna be difficult. But I'm sure they have a big red leather coat and a wide brim leather hat around somewhere.

Man, I need more wa-tatatatatatatatata action. Unfortunately i gotta go real soon.

#104 Jimbo Slice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7383 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Jimbo Slice

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:07 AM

Forgot to mention, when I was camping this weekend I stopped in the EB games near the local grocery store, and they happened to (still) have a Street Fighter Anniversary Stick. I picked it up for 30 dollars. They also had 2 T5 Collector's sets that I wanted to pick up, but when I went back they were closed. At least I got the SF stick.

So how easy is the mod? Anyone have the link? Help would be appreciated.

#105 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:10 AM

http://arcadestickmo...om/SFACmod.html

SFAC Stick mod.

#106 halu102   F-Smash your ass! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:51 AM

Haha, those guys are genuine. Nice mod guide. Now I need to swap out my t5 hori stick with Sanwa parts. Markman, know any decent place that sells them for a relatively lower price? I checked akihabarashop but was wondering if there are any other good sites for Sanwa stuff.

Oh yeah, here's a nice desktop wallpaper where i got my sig from as suggested by Chacrana.
Posted Image

#107 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:23 AM

There's a local dealer with Sanwa parts... email him, he's kinda close to UCSD... hchang@vgonetwork.com ask him about Sanwa parts... tell him MarkMan sent ya.

#108 halu102   F-Smash your ass! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:05 AM

haha, thanks markman.

#109 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:28 AM

anyone find it oddly interesting that Hentai art can sometime have some better art than the official stuff when looking for material to use? both sad and good.

#110 GuilewasNK   No gimmicks necessary. CAGiversary!   21267 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:47 AM

anyone find it oddly interesting that Hentai art can sometime have some better art than the official stuff when looking for material to use? both sad and good.

It doesn't surprise me. Hentai/Ecchi artists are just as talented as those who do more traditional art. Ryu's Form site (IIRC) is one that comes to mind. Slightly hentai/ecchi art and traditional art at the same time.

BTW, did anyone see the new EGM yet? In the rumors section they say Capcom is working on Street Fighter IV. First time I have seen that in a mag, even if it is only a rumor.

#111 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:05 AM

I saw that in the last EGM(about SF4), let's keep hoping!

#112 Jimbo Slice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7383 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Jimbo Slice

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:28 AM

Amen. Sf4 Ftw!!

#113 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:36 AM

Capcom sure fucked up with almost all of its fighters ever since the Dreamcast died... seems like alot of other companies have fell into the same trap (Rare, Ed Boon, Arc Systems, SNK though they are finally making a comeback)....

#114 halu102   F-Smash your ass! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:38 AM

Here's to a new SF4.

I understand that art/drawings by hentai artists can look better than official ones sometimes, I mean, they're trying to capture some kind of audience. I'm sure stick figures wouldn't sell.... well, there might be exceptions... And, haha, too many times have I used that line "looking for material to use", too many times.

Oh yeah, I got my Guilty Gear Slash today and my component cables. Unfortunately I couldn't play it just yet, my swap didn't come in yet, hopefully tomorrow. I immediately tested the cables out though with GG Isuka, [yes, I know bad choice]. But damn, Component makes a world of a difference and virtually no lag on my HDTV as opposed to 480i. I can't wait until I can actually play Slash. Now, I was wondering, what other 2d fighters can go into progressive scan? [I looked at the Wikipedia list, but it seems like that list is a bit outdated and doesn't really apply to imports]

#115 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:43 AM

Here's to a new SF4.

I understand that art/drawings by hentai artists can look better than official ones sometimes, I mean, they're trying to capture some kind of audience. I'm sure stick figures wouldn't sell.... well, there might be exceptions... And, haha, too many times have I used that line "looking for material to use", too many times.

Oh yeah, I got my Guilty Gear Slash today and my component cables. Unfortunately I couldn't play it just yet, my swap didn't come in yet, hopefully tomorrow. I immediately tested the cables out though with GG Isuka, [yes, I know bad choice]. But damn, Component makes a world of a difference and virtually no lag on my HDTV as opposed to 480i. I can't wait until I can actually play Slash. Now, I was wondering, what other 2d fighters can go into progressive scan? [I looked at the Wikipedia list, but it seems like that list is a bit outdated and doesn't really apply to imports]

This question is clearly directed at me.

King of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum are progressive scan for sure. I know that most SNK fighters are. I can't remember if Garou was PS or not... hmm...

#116 halu102   F-Smash your ass! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:48 AM

Tiiiiiiiight. I'm definitely going to get those. Do you by any chance know if Melty Blood Act Cadenza can render 480p? I've looked everywhere, but it seems like a no show.

*struggles*Need more pixels.... Melty Blood sprites.... too... blocky! .... ughhhh...

Oh and super thanks Chacrana.:)

#117 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:50 AM

Tiiiiiiiight. I'm definitely going to get those. Do you by any chance know if Melty Blood Act Cadenza can render 480p? I've looked everywhere, but it seems like a no show.

*struggles*Need more pixels.... Melty Blood sprites.... too... blocky! .... ughhhh...

Oh and super thanks Chacrana.:)

Unfortunately, Melty Blood AC doesn't support 480p. It looks pretty blocky, but thankfully the gameplay is legendary no matter what the graphics look like.

#118 halu102   F-Smash your ass! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:55 AM

I see, oh wells. yeah, the gameplay is excellent on that game. Though Im sick of playing it on my computer, lags to death for me [specs aren't strong enough]. Though I'm still feeling noob at it, it's kinda hard to do a transition from Guilty Gear to MB.

I know, I'll sit further back and the sprites would look awesome. Haha.

#119 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:28 AM

http://www.collegehu...m/video:1711287

Street Fighter 4 please.

#120 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:38 AM

Hahah watch the end to round 4 very closely. Awesome VF5 glitch.