I lost my Gamestop preorder receipt!

zephyrs

CAGiversary!
I preordered FF3 for DS and paid it off with some store credit but now I can't find the receipt. I'm pretty much screwed out of my game, right? No receipt equals no game, isn't that the policy?

Just make sure to pick it up within the first 2 days... otherwise they supposedly "lose track of it" and the money your put down on it.

I'm sure they have your name, but if they can't look it up and you did need your receipt, my question is why would you pay it all off early so they could use your money for other stuff and to gain interest off your money instead of just paying the $5 to reserve it??

To Tholly:

Umm... because I wanted to. If they're somehow earning interest on the store credit that I used to preorder the game then that's great for them.

To the people that gave serious responses:

Thanks for the input. I thought that'd have to go to the store to find out. I was hoping that this sort of thing had happened to someone before and they knew what the company policy regarding it was.

If it is in the comuter system, I'm gonna ask if they can print me up another receipt or something and if it's not, then oh well... I screwed up. No big deal.

My b/f once preordered a game at EM last year and he told the guy he would probably lose the receipt. The guy said that was fine, because they still have his info in the computer. You should be ok. You could even call that store and make sure.

I lost my receipt (or am too lazy to look for it) and went into my GS to finish paying of the new Zelda. Just told them my name and everything was fine - so no worries!

it was a serious response...i didn't know you used store credit....had you used a full cash payment months early, you would not have anything except for a receipt and they would have your money to do with it as they pleased....so, say they put your $50 in the bank or invested it or some such thing instead of spending your money....and say for every $50 they do that with they make $0.001....well, after a while, if they have a lot of $50 deposits doing the same thing month after month, they will be making a lot of extra money that they wouldn't have been making, had you just given them the $5 that they usually require....plus, say in your situation they say that you didn't preorder it, without a receipt, you are out $50....had you only put $5 credit on it, you would still have the $45 other credit and you would have only been out $5 due to their error, not $50

so, the wise thing to do in a preordering situation is to only put down the bear minimum amount, unless their is some great incentive that you would get for paying it off, such as maybe 10% off total if paid off early, or someting to that effect....

[quote name='Vinny']Just make sure to pick it up within the first 2 days... otherwise they supposedly "lose track of it" and the money your put down on it.[/QUOTE]

Says who? I got money back on a preorder I didn't pick up 2 months after the game came out. They said I got there just in time, because after about 3 months of not getting the credit back on a preorder it goes to corporate and you have to deal with them to get your credit.

Why would need another receipt? They really don't even need your receipt when you pick it up, I haven't brought mine with me in the past two years. They just ask you to sign a piece of people claiming you picked it up and I think you get another receipt with that.

[quote name='Roufuss']They just ask you to sign a piece of people claiming you picked it up and I think you get another receipt with that.[/QUOTE]

God damn, that's cruel.

Here we go. GameStop earning money on pre-orders. Yep. That $35 you put down on FF3 for the DS is earning them 1-2 cents! How DARE THEY!

[quote name='gizmogc']Here we go. GameStop earning money on pre-orders. Yep. That $35 you put down on FF3 for the DS is earning them 1-2 cents! How DARE THEY![/QUOTE]

Here we go.

well, if 100,000 pay off their preorder and GS can make $0.02 off of each person's preorder of one game title, then GS just made $2000.00 for holding a customer's money

multiply that by say 50 possible games in the system to preorder, they can make $100,000.00 for doing absolutely nothing besides typing an extra zero after the $5 in your preorder info

and then, say they can repeat that $100,000.00 process every month, GS is making $1.2 Million every year for doing nothing.......

so, yea, paying them extra is a big deal...

The few times I've preordered things, I didn't need the receipt at all. Never asked for it. Just my name and phone number.

[quote name='tholly']Here we go.

well, if 100,000 pay off their preorder and GS can make $0.02 off of each person's preorder of one game title, then GS just made $2000.00 for holding a customer's money

multiply that by say 50 possible games in the system to preorder, they can make $100,000.00 for doing absolutely nothing besides typing an extra zero after the $5 in your preorder info

and then, say they can repeat that $100,000.00 process every month, GS is making $1.2 Million every year for doing nothing.......

so, yea, paying them extra is a big deal...[/quote]

Well yeah, but....so?

I really don't mind if Gamestop makes 1.2mil for doing nothing, that's chump change for them anyway, I just want to trade and buy some games and take advantage of their little offers for my own benefit.

[quote name='tholly']

[/QUOTE]

Wife who found out that her husband makes $1000 in a day after selling Videogames

Holy Shit!

Now I just need a location:hot:

[quote name='tholly']Here we go.

so, yea, paying them extra is a big deal...[/QUOTE]

Ok, whats youre point? Did you know EB/GS make money for EVERY game you buy from them new and used? INSANE! How dare they!

Yeah, I don't see the issue here. Whether you believe it or not, GameStop/EB is a business. They don't do things for the hell of it, everything they do is to make money.

And yeah, you'll be fine without a receipt. I recently lost my pre-order receipt for Contact DS, and I asked the employee if I can get another one printed out. All you have to know is your name and phone number, and you're good to go.

Great....I'm not an idiot....I know they are a business....but, I don't want to just give businesses money for nothing......

[quote name='tholly']Great....I'm not an idiot....I know they are a business....but, I don't want to just give businesses money for nothing......[/QUOTE]

For nothing? Let me guess, you never pre-order. When you dobuy a new game you expect all the pre-order bonus stuff to go along with it, right?

Do us all a favor, don't go into a store. Everytime you open that door you may trigger the air conditioning to come on. That costs the store money. You know, the awesome profit they are raking in by taking PS3/Wii pre-orders right now. Yeah, those, the ones they are NOT taking even though they can make like 4.8 BILLION dollars in interest alone!

if there is a preorder bonus i want, ill pay the $5 minimum fee and get my bonus, then spend the rest of my money when i will actually get something for it.....

and about air conditioning, i couldn't care less if a company is spending money on me, if they want customers, businesses have to spend money.....a majority of a companies money should go back into inventory, customer relations, advertising, etc. anyway.....

bread's done
Back