Batallion Wars (GC) $14.99 at Best Buy

Out of curiosity....how are these drops determined? They all happen in a similar timeframe, but it seems like some old man in a black coat decides when this stuff happens.

It is apparently a universal drop, but stores either received notice at different times, or some are just slower/on a different schedule as far as pricing updates.

It is almost like clockwork.

1) Gamestop, EB, Circuit City and/or TRU drops the price of the game
2) 1-2 weeks later, Best Buy finally lowers to the same price

[quote name='Stoneage']Out of curiosity....how are these drops determined? They all happen in a similar timeframe, but it seems like some old man in a black coat decides when this stuff happens.[/QUOTE]
He wears a brown coat.

Just an FYI...FYE also dropped it to $14.99. I also picked up Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (w/ Bongos) for $19.99.

[quote name='jpuma1']wow, all these drops for the GC. i wonder what's next.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing Nintendo releases a new system and discontinues support for the GC. But that's just a guess. ;)

So do you all think Chibi-Robo will drop at BestBuy soon in suit with Battalion Wars? My CC was out of them when they dropped last week.

I found this used tonight(was a clearance rental) at my local hastings for $5. There's even a 30% off games that was effective tonight and will be throughout the week on all used games. I also picked up Chibi-Robo(also a clearanced rental) for the same price. So the games were $3.xx or so each and in great condition! I'd check hastings, they might have them marked down.

[quote name='richbastard']Whats this game about?, sounds like advance wars.[/QUOTE]

Quite like in fact. Imagine advance wars as a real time strategy game with a greater focus on infantry (hence the title) and you'd be pretty close. As a matter of fact, it was originally called "Cube Wars," as in an advance wars for the cube instead of the gba. BUt like all console based rts games, seperating individual units is terribly difficult, but other than that, it's quite fun. Definately worth $15.

[quote name='Nephilim']It is almost like clockwork.

1) Gamestop, EB, Circuit City and/or TRU drops the price of the game
2) 1-2 weeks later, Best Buy finally lowers to the same price[/quote]
clockwork you say?

*goes to local walmart* still see's Geist, Eternal Darkness still labled at 49.98 wow I saved 2 cents! :lol: Although Walmart is slow on price drops where I am I did have luck PM with an ad before. Best find was running across an Ikaruga for 10 bucks there. It's just wierd to see the price fluctuations as where a rare game can be found cheap but old games sit there still at full priced.

Damn. I wish I heard about this earlier. I got Battallion Wars at Circuit City, but I would've liked to give my money to Best Buy, I like them better. Oh well.

Oh my god this game is so awesome. I'm so glad I was finally able to get it.

[quote name='CaoPi']clockwork you say?

*goes to local walmart* still see's Geist, Eternal Darkness still labled at 49.98 wow I saved 2 cents! :lol: Although Walmart is slow on price drops where I am I did have luck PM with an ad before. Best find was running across an Ikaruga for 10 bucks there. It's just wierd to see the price fluctuations as where a rare game can be found cheap but old games sit there still at full priced.[/QUOTE]

That's actually only 1 cent.

:D

I checked my local Best Buy, they hadn't lowered the price of Fire Emblem and Batallion Wars was only lowered to $29.99. In fact my local Circuit City still has a $49.99 tag on their one and only copy of Batallion Wars.

*sigh*

I really want Fire Emblem but I'm just too cheap to pay more than $20 for it, what's wrong with me?

[quote name='Filbert']I checked my local Best Buy, they hadn't lowered the price of Fire Emblem and Batallion Wars was only lowered to $29.99. In fact my local Circuit City still has a $49.99 tag on their one and only copy of Batallion Wars.

*sigh*

I really want Fire Emblem but I'm just too cheap to pay more than $20 for it, what's wrong with me?[/quote]

The price tags weren't changed. The Batallion Wars at my CC was marked as $49.99. I asked for a price check and it rung up as $15.00.

I really wish I was better at this game. I have to play almost every level four or more times before I can beat it. I'm not good at commanding units around :(

[quote name='Filbert']I checked my local Best Buy, they hadn't lowered the price of Fire Emblem and Batallion Wars was only lowered to $29.99. In fact my local Circuit City still has a $49.99 tag on their one and only copy of Batallion Wars.

*sigh*

I really want Fire Emblem but I'm just too cheap to pay more than $20 for it, what's wrong with me?[/quote]

It says "CAG Veteran" under your name but you're not acting like one. Take those games up to the counter and have a little faith...they're ring up correctly. I don't think I've ever bought a game at Circuit City that was actually priced correctly. And at Best Buy I get strategy guides all the time that are marked $15 but magically ring up at a penny. ;)

To be a CAG, you really have to learn to ignore the price tags and just know that they'll ring up on clearance if other CAGs tell you they will.

Since nobody mentioned any lowering in the price of Fire Emblem at Best Buy I didn't bother to check. As for Battalion Wars, I'm really not interested, so I didn't bother.

[quote name='d00k']The price tags weren't changed. The Batallion Wars at my CC was marked as $49.99. I asked for a price check and it rung up as $15.00.

I really wish I was better at this game. I have to play almost every level four or more times before I can beat it. I'm not good at commanding units around :([/quote]You're not alone. I just started playing this game again (hadn't done so for almost a year). It just takes a lot of skill to control different groups tasked with different objectives at the same time.

[quote name='richbastard']Whats this game about?, sounds like advance wars.[/QUOTE]

funny thing is it was to be called Advance wars but after seeing how bad it came out they demanded that name be removed

[quote name='Filbert']Does anyone know if Best Buy lowered their prices on Chibi Robo and Fire Emblem?[/QUOTE]

Fire Emblem - yes, to $14.99!

Chibi Robo - most likely (though I couldn't confirm)

I wonder if Best Buy raised the price of Geist from $9.99 to $14.99...

Thanks, I went had the folks at Best Buy price match their one remaining copy of Fire Emblem today and it was indeed $14.99. I guess I should have done that all along. Surprisingly my local Best Buy had 4 new copies of Chibi Robo in as well, however I didn't ask to price check them since I was already late for a friendly table tennis tournament at my cousin's.

[quote name='botticus']You're not alone. I just started playing this game again (hadn't done so for almost a year). It just takes a lot of skill to control different groups tasked with different objectives at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing, I just started it tonight after seeing all these threads about how cheap it is now (I got it at release, just took off the shrink wrap today :cry:). Actually, first the kids and I finished Chibi-Robo, then we started Battalion Wars tonight. My son was able to get through the first 4 levels or so, then it got DAMN hard. I tried the 5th one (or so) 4 times before stopping. I'll be all fine with all my units OK, then I'll concentrate on taking out a tank or something and all of a sudden all my guys will be dead... I just have to figure out what to do (I already figured out how to hold some units back and which are good and bad vs other units - but it seems they get involved even when I tell them not to).

So this trio of games is now $14.99 at Best Buy too? What the hell is going on with these titles? No one has yet provided a satisfactory explanation (myself included). I find it hard to believe it is an official price drop from Nintendo since it makes WAY more sense for them to go to $19.99. It could be that Player's Choice versions are coming out, but it is just too wierd that EVERY store would reduce it to the same $14.99 price to make room for PC versions (Best Buy clearanced out Paper Mario for $9.99 before the PC version and I though that was pretty stupid). It just don't make sense. And WHY in the hell won't they do the same with Odama, a game I actually held off on getting upon release (unlike all 3 of the cheap ones :bomb:)?

bread's done
Back