Another great experience with Excite Truck

Plinko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
From www.codenamerevolution.com

“Finally getting a chance hold the Wii Remote, it felt exactly as expected. About as heavy as a controller we are used to playing games on now, this will be an easy to hold controller during hours of game play…(Excite Truck) More play time and this one feels like a real winner for launch…Rumble felt solid, but not over-the-top like in the Xbox 360 controller…I was not expecting great graphics, but I was impressed. The sense of speed in ExciteTruck is there, I had a lot of fun playing it - and only wish I had more time to play through a second race.”

ExciteTruck was a pleasant surprise, a game I had my doubts about until now.”

Is anyone else as excited as I am about this game? This has solidified itself as a launch title for me.

I'm only unsure because I don't really have any inclination to spend $50 on a racing game. Though I guess I don't really have any inclination to spend $50 on any game (even though it's store credit), so it's kind of a moot point.

I just need to work out my EB store credit finances to see what I can afford. Though if their preorder bullshit keeps up anymore, I'll have $250 more in store credit to blow on games.

[quote name='botticus']I'm only unsure because I don't really have any inclination to spend $50 on a racing game. Though I guess I don't really have any inclination to spend $50 on any game (even though it's store credit), so it's kind of a moot point.

I just need to work out my EB store credit finances to see what I can afford. Though if their preorder bullshit keeps up anymore, I'll have $250 more in store credit to blow on games.[/quote]

I've got over $150 of store credit at Gamestop and I'm #3 on the preorder list at FYE. The guys at FYE told me they would be forcing some sort of bundle, which presumably will include a game or two. Either way, Excite Truck and Zelda are part of my launch day.

Yup, I'm just as excited as you are about this one. There have been mixed reactions about the game and the controls, but most of the positive reactions seem to stick true to the impressions I got from watching the videos, imagining what it'd be like...and it sounds like it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun to play, especially once we all get accustomed to the sensitive steering. A must-buy launch title.

Excite Truck looks like it could be a great game. But due to the mix reactions it has been getting I think I'll wait and rent it first.

Excite Truck is really an unknown quantity for me. As a first party title, it deserves serious consideration. But I normally have no interest in racing games (outside of kart racers). And I've seen so little about this game. I get the general idea, that it's mostly about jumps and landing them accurately (which gives it at least a tenuous connection to its great uncle, Excite Bike). But it's hard for me to imagine in terms of actually playing it. Definitely looking forward to the reviews on this one.

Yes, I'm just as excited as you are. I've been asking that question for a long time on these forums, but no one really seems to care about it. I thought it looked awesome.

I just pre-ordered Zelda (paid in full), and my choices for a second game are between this, Red Steel, and, believe it or not, Rayman.

Rayman looked like fun before, but, and I can't believe I believed this, the guy at GS was raving about how awesome Rayman played and how it was going to be the best game on the wii. He said it would be better than Zelda. It made me think that if I can get enough credit up I would at least check it out.

Also, wouldn't it be awesome if Nintendo gave you a free download of Excitebike if you registered this at nintendo.com? That would be sweet!

bread's done
Back