Buy at Launch OR Wait a while

I'm going to have sex with one and return it.

Then buy another.

So I guess technically the answer is awhile.

If I can pre-order I will, otherwise I will camp. Regardless I'll be shooting to get one on launch.

Baloras

I originally was in the hype about must getting it at launch but now I'm over it. For me the budget I had in mind just wouldn't work with the pricing it is now. With the price of the component cable and basically mandatory other controllers, it's just a little too much for my cheap ass.

[quote name='mofo1115'] With the price of the component cable and basically mandatory other controllers, it's just a little too much for my cheap ass.[/quote]

Have they confirmed a price on the component cable?

I'm waiting because I'm not sure if I want to get one yet. Plus I don't want to find out the first batch is buggy or something.

Ebay as many as I can. And depending on how many units I get and how much it goes for on ebay I will probably end up keeping one.

I'm going to wait awhile since there's a few 360 titles I want in November, and since the only game I really want at launch is Zelda.

I am going to wait , even though I am building up credit towards one. I really want a black one. Plus I'll be able to see how good/bad the games are, how well the system performs, bugs etc...

If it's at a store when I'm there and I have the money, I'll get it. But I'm not making any special trips or waiting in lines or any of that crap.

I'm waiting cause...I don't know if I want one yet with this new way of playing and less powerfulness or the more powerfulness and same old play. I might wait 1-2 years before I decide...right now I'm sick of nintendo, it's ALL I'VE OWNED since the SNES. SNES, N64, GCN, and I had a PS1 for a liiiittle bit. But basically 99% of my gaming in my house was Nintendo and I'm liking my PS2 a lot more right now.

I'm waiting. I have a bunch of PS2 and Gamecube games I haven't even opened yet so I'll get the Wii once there is a price drop on the system, or once games are under $20. I'm in no rush to get the system

Ya I'll be waiting till console price drops and some greatest hits/players choice titles depending on what I get.

when player's choice comes out and the price drops to 150.00 or so. Ditto for the PS3 when GH comes out and the console drops to about 400.00 for the 60GB

about 90% sure i will get it at launch. Not going to camp out, as the numbers they are shipping, I shouldn't have a problem getting it b4 xmass

Definitely launch. I would buy a 360 but Microsoft has screwed over poor college students (I don't have $150 for a new TV with composite inputs or $400 for the console) but I can definitely afford $250 for a Wii. Plus, I am aboslutely DYING to play Zelda, Metroid, Super Smash, Wario, and Mario. Those 5 games are all system sellers to me. And I cannot wait to play Wii Sports either. It just looks extremely fun.

Launch. I won't be waiting in line though. I'll try to get one through Best Buy's first online sales, like I did with my 360 last year.

I'm going to try to get one at launch. Who knows if I actually can or not. (Since there haven't even been many preorders yet.)

[quote name='whoknows']Wait Awhile.

Awhile being until Smash Bros is released.[/QUOTE]

I'm broke right now, so that's the only reason I'm waiting. But come the release of SSBB, the Wii will be mine.

I'm going to wait for a price drop. I don't really need one right now, so I'll just wait until the system and games drop to a more reasonable price for me. Plus, by doing so, I'll be able to avoid any games that I'd get suckered into buying at launch just because I wanted games for the new system.

There's just too many games that I know I want to play for systems I already own, so it doesn't make sense for me to spend my gaming money on a Wii right now.

Now, if mrs. shipwreck decides she wants to get me one for Christmas, I'd be fine with that.

Undecided.

Pro- being able to play Zelda right away.

Con- gun shy about buying first release hardware for any console launch.

Love to get one at launch, but gonna wait till theres more games that I'm interested in. Right now its just trauma center and thats not quite enough to push me to get one. Also want to see how the multiplayer and vc feedback is.

If I can walk into Wal-Mart that afternoon and pick one up, I may buy one at launch, if not, I will get it eventually. I'm not going to camp out/preorder/waste any of my time over this.

I'll probably wait. Give it a bit of time for the library to get a nice crop of good games. That's my plan for any system launch really.

If it was $200 with 2 controllers I'd jump in, but as it is I'll wait unless a game turns into a must-have for me or I check out a kiosk demo and the whole controller thing floors me.

Getting one at launch as I'm dying to play zelda with the new controls, and there's now way there will be a price drop on it before more games I'm dying to play (Smash Bros, Metroid, Mario etc.) come out anyway.

Combine that with having traded in/sold online nearly enough old games that were gathing dust to pay for the console and it's a no brainer for me.

[quote name='magikman']Have they confirmed a price on the component cable?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, but I don't have high hopes on the pricing for that.

bread's done
Back