- - - - -

New SouthPark WoW Episode Hillarious.

#31 megaseadramon   I'm not a Eunuch! CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

megaseadramon

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:50 AM

It wasn't that funny.

Then you sir, are not a nerd.

#32 pop311   College CAGiversary!   3193 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:32 AM

That was fucking hilarious

#33 Dead of Knight  

Dead of Knight

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:36 AM

You mean they actually made a new funny episode? I stopped watching after last year's episodes were pure shit, except for the Chef one.

#34 arcadia   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

You mean they actually made a new funny episode? I stopped watching after last year's episodes were pure shit, except for the Chef one.

Same here, it just didn't appeal to me much anymore. Then while I'm playing WoW I hear everyone in the chat going nuts saying, the "WoW episode is on!" "turn to comedy central quick!"

So I did

and I was not dissapointed.

#35 Dead of Knight  

Dead of Knight

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:05 PM

I was actually asleep at 10PM, I'm sick and have been for almost a week. Hope I can catch a rerun.

#36 jmcc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9608 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

Whoa. So you missed Cartoon Wars?

#37 Animeguy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:53 PM

http://video.google....q=southpark wow

#38 6669   Inactive User CAGiversary!   5975 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

My only question, How can Kenny afford the monthly fee?

He probably steals it, too ;)

#39 jalu6   jalu1-5 was already taken CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:18 PM

Not sure if those guys actually play, but if not someone on their staff must because that episode was dead on.

At the begginning when they were just running around the lower areas having fun and questing, I thought "Man, I should start playing again, that was so much fun." But at the end when Cartman was ordering buffs and complaining about people's talent spec, it reminded me why I quit the game in the first place. That last few minutes should be a familiar scene to anyone who's ever hit level 60.

#40 Bazz  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:31 PM

I need download demo and see what this game is all about episode made me so curious it was so funny though one of my favorite episodes.

#41 MadFlava   Sa Da Tay! CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

I had no idea that last night's episode was going to be about WoW. It definitely was filled with inside jokes only WoW players would get.

#42 dberuvides   Banned Banned   338 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

dberuvides

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:21 PM

Well we all know once and for all that Cartman's mom is a big scat fan.

#43 redline   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

I caught it last night, and it was hilarious. I think it's probably a lot more funny to people who have played MMOs. Although my wife was laughing her ass off too, and she's never played one. I love how they went through all that and then Cartman was like, "now we can play the game". :applause:

#44 GuyWithGun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3105 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

GuyWithGun

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

I was laughing too, when all of a sudden Kenny had a computer capable of WOW, not to mention having to pay the fees.

And of course, I have to field the question at the end of the episode, "What did Cartman say? What the hell does, 'Powned,' mean."

Then I have to tell her she spelled it wrong when she said it and that it's, "pwned." And then I got to explain what it is, and of course at the end of something like that I feel like a complete nerd, and they look at you like you're crazy.

#45 jmcc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9608 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

It totally didn't end the way I expected it to, either. I would have thought Cartman would have taken the sword and become the new dick character.

#46 GuyWithGun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3105 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

GuyWithGun

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

It totally didn't end the way I expected it to, either. I would have thought Cartman would have taken the sword and become the new dick character.

I was expecting that too, especially after it was just thrown on the ground.

#47 redline   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:11 PM

Then I have to tell her she spelled it wrong when she said it and that it's, "pwned." And then I got to explain what it is, and of course at the end of something like that I feel like a complete nerd, and they look at you like you're crazy.

LOL that's when you do like I did and just lie and say you have no idea what "pwnage" is. Although I did get some funny looks from my wife when explaining how they were "grinding" boars, and how grinding is a big part of most of these games. "Where's the fun in that?", she wonders. And I had to agree.

#48 Kaijufan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:25 PM

I don't even play WoW and that was one of the funniest episodes of South Park I've ever seen. I couldn't stop laughing.
At the end I expected the boys to start PKing everyone else, not continue playing the game.

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:25 PM

"you can't just hand the sword of a thousand knights to a newb!"

that was a great episode. hit everything squarely on the head. Right down to the weird wrist protector things that large computer nerds wear for some reason :lol:

How did they get it synched so well with the game? Are all those animations in the game?

#50 redline   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

How did they get it synched so well with the game? Are all those animations in the game?

I've never played WoW, but the screens with the toolbar stuff on them looked pretty realistic. The close-in stuff looked like it was animated for the show, especially the head-splat. It would be interesting to see how they did it.

#51 screwkick   \m/ CAGiversary!   2361 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

Possibly the funniest South Park episode ever, IMO of course.

#52 smellhasreturned   Peyton Manning CAGiversary!   3342 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

smellhasreturned

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

Yea that was a great episode.

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:39 PM

I've never played WoW, but the screens with the toolbar stuff on them looked pretty realistic. The close-in stuff looked like it was animated for the show, especially the head-splat. It would be interesting to see how they did it.

yeah, the headsplat was definitely not in the game.

the rest I couldn't tell cause of the low quality on google vids.

#54 rabbitt   A Symphony of Horror CAGiversary!   7409 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

I started watching it at the halfway mark. Pretty good stuff.

#55 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67927 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

Blizzard made those scenes special for this episode.

#56 jalu6   jalu1-5 was already taken CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:36 PM

Blizzard made those scenes special for this episode.

Yeah, some stuff like the characters waving and certian movements are in the game, but there definatley was stuff in there that they made special. I would love to see some sort of kit released to machinma developers, but I doubt that would happen.

#57 cultivatingmass  

cultivatingmass

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

The only thing that could make it better would've been a Leroy Jenkins reference. When they're planning, you hear in the background "Alright, lets do this BUTTTTTTTTTTTTERS STOCH!"

I laughed my ass off every time they showed the guy who was owning everyone, he was just sitting there emotionless, even when he died.

One of the best episodes of South Park, I just wish it didn't end so quickly.

#58 Michaellvortega   Halo 3 is coming........ CAGiversary!   3643 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Michaellvortega

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:17 PM

That would be so fun to be so uber powerful that you where able to kill people without having to request a duel and the power to kill a Admin? Best episode in a while.

#59 Sofa King Kool   Is srsly... CAGiversary!   4453 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Sofa King Kool

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:40 PM

I caught the end of the episode. It was hilarious. For some reason it really made me want to play WoW. But I can't, I won't! I'll never be able to stop.

#60 Bazz  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:01 PM

I caught the end of the episode. It was hilarious. For some reason it really made me want to play WoW. But I can't, I won't! I'll never be able to stop.

Im getting the demo cause of show I'm just really curious of the game now.