GBMicro $70 @ NFM, BB, etc

biggyfries

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
didnt see this posted yet, so thought i would share. if it is, then this can be deleted. :)

saw the GBMicro for $70 @ best buy and NFM, so it should be the same @ other stores. this includes the Mario 20th anniversary edition. just might have to pick one up for that price, but it's still a tad high for my budget.

First post, this seems like a good price, just the off chance that I could have gotten this a compusa is making this deal not so great for me. :( I recently scanned at one of those scanners for Target and the silver back one was going for $100!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer'] I recently scanned at one of those scanners for Target and the silver back one was going for $100![/QUOTE]
Well, that is the list price, so no surprise there.

What does NFM stand for?

They should drop the SP's price, too. I could use a backlit GBA (I have an original GBA and a DS Lite, but for multiplayer games, I need a real GBA of some sort).

[quote name='icruise']Well, that is the list price, so no surprise there.

I thought it was supposed to be $89.99 now like it said on nintendo's site. :whistle2:#

I think it's still got an MSRP of $99.99. However, this might be a sign of a drop, because I just checked Amazon and they're $69.99 there too!

[quote name='icruise']I think it's still got an MSRP of $99.99. However, this might be a sign of a drop, because I just checked Amazon and they're $69.99 there too![/quote]

no they dropped last week

CompUSA is clearing out the GBA Micro (and GBASP, I believe) for $50. The inventory blowout list for my local CUSA says they have 6 black GBA Micros in stock.

Refer to this thread.

[quote name='eugaet']CompUSA is clearing out the GBA Micro (and GBASP, I believe) for $50. The inventory blowout list for my local CUSA says they have 6 black GBA Micros in stock.

Refer to this thread.[/QUOTE]

The closest one to me has both...but it's also a 2 hour drive away. :| Stupid rural Pennsylvania.

I'm a hardware whore and found a 20th anniversary GB Micro at my local Gamestop/EB last night for 69.99. They had a couple silver and black ones as well. Christiansburg, VA if anyone's in the area and looking for one. Unfortunately I got the last 20th anniversary one.

For all of you guys that either have one or are planning on picking one up, what is the big deal about this system? Why do you guys like it? I was looking at it the other day, and thought, wow it's so small, but that's as far as those thoughts went as far as purchasing...

Help me out here...

For all of you guys that either have one or are planning on picking one up, what is the big deal about this system? Why do you guys like it? I was looking at it the other day, and thought, wow it's so small, but that's as far as those thoughts went as far as purchasing...

I want one because it's so tiny you can put it into any pocket without worrying about the added bulk. But $70 is still a bit too steep for me.

J&R Music World is also selling them for $70 through Amazon, so it might be somewhat universal. Still too pricey for me, though.

I thought about grabbing a 20th Anniversary one, but as far as value they are worth exactly $70 on eBay right now. I remember thinking that the Pikachu N64 systems were gonna be a big deal on eBay someday and I was wrong there too.

I think $50 is the magic price for me on these, 20th Anniv or not.

[quote name='Nephilim']I think $50 is the magic price for me on these, 20th Anniv or not.[/quote]So that means you're getting one from CompUSA, right? ;) (see my prior post to this thread)

It's overpriced at $100, but for $50 or or so it's a great deal. It's a very nice little system, if you have good eyesight, anyway. Getting mine got me excited about GBA games again for the first time in a long time.

Paid 60.00 for mine and got her a ds lite instead and nobody wanted to pay me what I paid just to break even.

I picked up one at the Compusa in Kirkland WA last night for $50. They had 3 left. The folks there had no idea they were that cheap.

Anyway, what a trick little device! I have a GBA, GBA advance, DS and DS Lite, but I think I'll probably use the micro most of all, since it's so easy to carry around. The screen is incredible as well.

bread's done
Back