The Bob OcTTor OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting idea. :)

I still need to see that movie. Is it hitting DVD before year's end?

I don't know what I'm doing with my free time tonight. I thought about finally watching Eternal Sunshine, but I noticed that they're showing it in HD on Saturday...

So, um... yeah...

Eternal Sunshine is pretty decent.

I have also yet to see A Scanner Darkly. The "animation" kind of turned me off. Reminded me of the game XIII only more shaky. How is the movie, and how easy is it to watch?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Eternal Sunshine is pretty decent.

I have also yet to see A Scanner Darkly. The "animation" kind of turned me off. Reminded me of the game XIII only more shaky. How is the movie, and how easy is it to watch?[/quote]Its an amazing movie IMO, although the plot is a little confusing because its so character driven.
You don't really get a clear run down of the story, but its better that way.
As for the animation, I personally can't see the movie any other way. The animation just fits it perfectly.

I need to see that movie sometime.

[quote name='Saucy Jack'] You've always wanted to sleep with a giant, just like George Costanza wanted to? :lol:[/quote]

Not a giant, just a chick who's at most a couple inches shorter than I am. Any girl taller than me... myeh.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']videoeta.com lists that its estimated for a Dec release[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a look.

[/QUOTE]

Cool. A few friends of mine have just been giving it glowing reviews, saying that I must see it soon.

I've always wanted to see it, but never got around to it.

The question is... do I just watch the DVD, or wait until the HD broadcast?

I think I'll watch the DVD to see if I like it, and if I do, I'll record the HD broadcast.

I have also yet to see A Scanner Darkly. The "animation" kind of turned me off. Reminded me of the game XIII only more shaky. How is the movie, and how easy is it to watch?[/QUOTE]
The movie is good, watch some of the movie in the link I posted. See if the first 24 minutes compels you to watch more.

And again I don't get the job.

Which is wonderful. They asked me to come in for a second interview this morning. Being that I just moved, this required a good hour of driving to get clothes, iron them, race back, and drive into the shitty part of town. Then they make me wait 30 minutes for, honestly, a 5 minute interview. Apparently the only reason I was called in was to meet with another IT manager, even though I'd already met with the goddamn IT manager. Which means no matter how well the first interview went, it apparently just came down to this other guy, who basically just sat there and didn't look interested at all with any of the answers I gave him. And even that was bullshit, because all I did was regurgitate what was on my resume (since that's all the guy apparently had the ability to ask me about), which maybe meant the dude couldn't read? fucking bullshit.

Got a call about 2 hours ago telling me "we gave it to another person, but we, like, totally liked you 4 realies. It was down to you and, like, totally one other guy, dude. Seriously. We think u r great but bye bye." So that's about the third time I've heard that lately.

Sigh.

Before I went to the first interview a few days ago, I told myself if I don't get this job, then I either need to leave this town or get published.

And that's what I intend to do.

So I think tonight I'm going to start writing....something. I have no earthly fucking clue what.

But I'm tired of this shit. I have no goddamn idea what the fuck I keep doing wrong in all these interviews.

fuck. I spent 200 bucks on new interview clothes, got a haircut, and shaved my goddamn beard off for this shit.

Time to figure something else out...

Saucy, where's it going to be broadcast in HD? It's not one of those movies where you have to see it in the theaters or anything. It's really weird, and sometimes confusing, but you'll get it all in the end. I think watching on DVD would be just as enjoyable.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Its an amazing movie IMO, although the plot is a little confusing because its so character driven.
You don't really get a clear run down of the story, but its better that way.
As for the animation, I personally can't see the movie any other way. The animation just fits it perfectly.[/quote]
A friend just brought this movie up to me, because it's showing in a second-run type theater soon. He hasn't seen it either, and I wasn't sure about it. I was mainly afraid that I'd hate the animation, and/or it would give me a seizure. :)

I'll definately give it a shot now though. Thanks for the confidence boost.

But if it's not worth every bit of the $0 I'm paying to see it...

[quote name='zewone']The movie is good, watch some of the movie in the link I posted. See if the first 24 minutes compels you to watch more.[/quote]
Whoa, I didn't even notice that link. It's all nice and centered, and blended in too well for me to notice. Oops. :oops:

I'll check that out a little later tonight, and let you know what I thought. Thanks!

[quote name='Strell']And again I don't get the job.

Which is wonderful. They asked me to come in for a second interview this morning. Being that I just moved, this required a good hour of driving to get clothes, iron them, race back, and drive into the shitty part of town. Then they make me wait 30 minutes for, honestly, a 5 minute interview. Apparently the only reason I was called in was to meet with another IT manager, even though I'd already met with the goddamn IT manager. Which means no matter how well the first interview went, it apparently just came down to this other guy, who basically just sat there and didn't look interested at all with any of the answers I gave him. And even that was bullshit, because all I did was regurgitate what was on my resume, which maybe meant the dude couldn't read? fucking bullshit.

Got a call about 2 hours ago telling me "we gave it to another person, but we, like, totally liked you 4 realies."

Sigh.

Before I went to the first interview a few days ago, I told myself if I don't get this job, then I either need to leave this town or get published.

So I think tonight I'm going to start writing....something. I have no earthly fucking clue what.

But I'm tired of this shit. I have no goddamn idea what the fuck I keep doing wrong in all these interviews.

fuck. I spent 200 bucks on new interview clothes, got a haircut, and shaved my goddamn beard off for this shit.

Time to figure something else out...[/quote]
Sucks you didn't get the job. Especially after all that. And it pisses me off to no end when they yank your chain around.

[quote name='dcfox']Sucks you didn't get the job. Especially after all that. And it pisses me off to no end when they yank your chain around.[/quote]
Yeah, I hate the whole, "We like you, but we don't like, like you," type BS they always give you when you don't get a job.

[quote name='Strell']And again I don't get the job.

Time to figure something else out...[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job. I'm sure things will work out for the best. I'm having trouble with steady work myself. I suppose I just get overlooked for decent jobs sometimes. But in the end, things work out.

I'd love to leave town, too. And it's great to see that you're a creative person and you're going to write something.

I do a lot of writing myself. When I have a few minutes, I add to stories that I'm writing... sometimes I get asked for help on "punching up" comedy sketches or such that my friends write... you just have to keep busy. That's the key. In fact, I co-wrote a screenplay several years back, and we made it into a movie. Of course, all my work on the keyboard went to shit, but it was great that it did. All the emotion of the actors I worked with just got so powerful that we ultimately threw out the script and just kept the storyboards and outlines... just did the whole movie improvised a la Reno 911! or a Christopher Guest film. And it got glowing reviews.

You might not be doing anything wrong in those interviews. It's probably their problem that they aren't choosing you. Anyway, you don't want to deal with anyone that doesn't want you around, so it's for the best.

I hear you on the interview grooming and clothes. You go in there and just shine... and it's all useless. Still, I suppose it's more "life experience," although sometimes I think I got way more than my share of life experience. :lol:

Anyway, like I said, the key is to keep busy. I'd like to share a favorite quote from one of my heroes. It's about getting acting roles, but I think it applies to just about anything really well:

"As a performer, you can't just sit around waiting for the phone to ring. You have to write and develop projects for yourself, because casting people aren't always going to see you the way you want to be seen. Write a one-person show, shoot a short film, do plays, whatever - activity breeds activity. No one's interested in a stay-at-home actress."

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Saucy, where's it going to be broadcast in HD? It's not one of those movies where you have to see it in the theaters or anything. It's really weird, and sometimes confusing, but you'll get it all in the end. I think watching on DVD would be just as enjoyable.
[/QUOTE]

It's going to be on the HDNet Movies channel on Saturday. HDNet plays some great stuff, and they add new movies every week. They show things ranging from classics like The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly... Clockwork Orange... War & Peace... to 80s cheeseball stuff like Police Academy and Teen Wolf... to newer movies like Eternal Sunshine.

Best thing is that all the movies are in their OAR. INHD shows some good stuff, too, but unfortunately most of the 2.35:1 movies are cropped to 1.78:1.

And yeah, I know I'm a technical nerd. :lol:

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Yeah, I hate the whole, "We like you, but we don't like, like you," type BS they always give you when you don't get a job.[/QUOTE]

I hate that bullshit too. What really pissed me off was one employer's nerve one interview...

"Your test scores are perfect. You'd do really well here. But... you don't have the look that we're looking for."

I was unaware that sitting in an office working in a cubicle required a certain "look." Well, from the horror stories I hear about that office, I'm glad they turned me down.

I almost got a job with Harris Publishing at their call center here in Chesapeake. I was told that I pretty much had the job but I just needed to give her references. Well, it wasn't until about 1am that night that I got the ok from the last refernece. So I called and left a voice mail msg with the information (like she told me to do), and that I'm sorry that I was leaving so late. I don't hear anything back, yet a week later I get the BS form letter of "we'll keep you on file". All that for nothing. If they ever contact me again, I'm just gonna tell them to fuck off. I didn't want another call center job anyhow. Not even one where you call people that have opted to be their list to be notified when their class annuals were being published and if they would like to order one...

You can always stand on the corner of the on-ramps with a sign. IT jobs really are a bitch to get.

Everyone jumped on the tech school train when the bubble unburst and now theres a few dozen people for every position. My recommendation would be to say you love linux, have a home network with a mac on it and enjoy coding.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher'] I don't hear anything back, yet a week later I get the BS form letter of "we'll keep you on file". .[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate that.

Or they give you "sir, the next opening we have, we'll give you a call." Meanwhile, you see them hiring left and right for the position you wanted, and there's no phone call or letter. Bullshit.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yeah, I hate that.

Or they give you "sir, the next opening we have, we'll give you a call." Meanwhile, you see them hiring left and right for the position you wanted, and there's no phone call or letter. Bullshit.[/quote]

Tell me about it. Whenever I hear anything that slightly resembles that, I don't count on hearing anything back

Stell, you're trying to get a job that is unobtainable to you, for what ever reason. Give up and pick something else.

It's embarrassing to sit here and watch you drone on about how you got "screwed" out of jobs. I mean, how long has it been since you got a pay check? Months? Seems like it.

Just because you went to school for a position and you really really want to do it for a living doesn't mean the rest of the world thinks that way toward you. You're missing what ever "it" factor computer people use to judge who they bring on board to their company. Accept it and move toward something else.

Please. The board as a whole BEGS you.

It was okay. Really, the only good line was when he was using the snip[er rifle on a wrong map and the rest got pissed.

Also, Greys Anatomy may be highly rated but it has got to be the worst show on television. All the characters are either shallow, vapid, cowardly, or assholes.

my sattelite's been acting up so that one TV isnt getting proper reception.
so my families solution is to move all their stuff schedules for DVR onto the other TV.
They skipped my recording of the fucking Office :bomb:

oh well, at least it'll be online soon.

Why the fuck was my Aaron Carter / Nick Carter video post deleted?

Jesus Christ.

so i need to find a poem for a speech tournament on saturday. I had a good one (Dirty Dimes by Mark McGee) but its too free verse and sounds like prose. Anyone have any suggestions for a poem which can be read out loud in 6-10 minutes? Ive been looking all day, and at this point ill take almost anything...

By the way, A Scanner Darkly was one of the best films of '06.

By the way II, there's no place on Earth to work, Strell.

Oh look, it's your fellow "I'll never find a job that I like cohort"

All shittin aside, for real, you two should go off to an island somewhere and Brak can film Strell writing short stories and poems.

But how to profit, that's the head scratcher.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Pimpin aint easy.

Keep that in mind.[/quote]

474642.jpg

[quote name='Brak']Why the fuck was my Aaron Carter / Nick Carter video post deleted?

Jesus Christ.[/quote]
What the hell?

I can't find my reply to it either, so apparently it was also deleted. That's uncalled for. Was that in this thread?

[quote name='JimmieMac']Stell, you're trying to get a job that is unobtainable to you, for what ever reason. Give up and pick something else.

It's embarrassing to sit here and watch you drone on about how you got "screwed" out of jobs. I mean, how long has it been since you got a pay check? Months? Seems like it.

Just because you went to school for a position and you really really want to do it for a living doesn't mean the rest of the world thinks that way toward you. You're missing what ever "it" factor computer people use to judge who they bring on board to their company. Accept it and move toward something else.

Please. The board as a whole BEGS you.[/QUOTE]

You're right.

I really need to make videos of myself on a helmet shaky cam about how I hate my job at the radio station where male sheep fuck each other, while my girlfriend plays guitar hero splattered in macaroni and cheese.

The only thing more boring than the 1-2 rants I've done is your whining about them.

Maybe you could put your whining into video form.

That'd be tizight.

I'd continue this further, but it's not any closer to me getting something worthwhile done.

Which, coincidentally, is the same thing your gf thinks on a daily basis I'd wager.

Shit. If I was a fry jocket at age 46, I'd want to dunk my head in there also.

I think I am just going to bite the bullet and order a VGA cable from buy.com for 30 bucks. Sucks that they cost so much though, wish I could find a better deal.

[quote name='DT778']^ used from eb/gamestop.[/QUOTE]

They only show the new ones being in stock online and the one EB I checked a week or so ago did not have them. Plus I think the chance of them being traded in is going to be rare because unless you get rid of your 360 you probably are not going to get rid of the cables.

I will probably stop at the two EB's on my way to class tomorrow though just to make sure. Plus I am kind of hoping I can score some stuff from Sears.

Anybody who has a DS and is looking for a racer should check out Urban Asphalt. I just picked it up during the CC clearance and I have to say it's a pretty fun game.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Pimpin aint easy.

Keep that in mind.[/quote]

Reminds me of that skit of the Chapelle Show "Do you know Black people?"

:rofl:

I love when people really get Jimme-me-me by the balls. He just shuts up and hides until he thinks everyone forgot how he got his ass handed to him.

[quote name='Strell']You're right.

I really need to make videos of myself on a helmet shaky cam about how I hate my job at the radio station where male sheep fuck each other, while my girlfriend plays guitar hero splattered in macaroni and cheese.

The only thing more boring than the 1-2 rants I've done is your whining about them.

Maybe you could put your whining into video form.

That'd be tizight.

I'd continue this further, but it's not any closer to me getting something worthwhile done.

Which, coincidentally, is the same thing your gf thinks on a daily basis I'd wager.

Shit. If I was a fry jocket at age 46, I'd want to dunk my head in there also.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back