Elebits Developer Diary #2 up at IGN...

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty cool stuff. Nothing groundbreaking about the game, but it's a nice vague read about some of the development steps...plus a little patting-on-the-back here and there.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/737/737553p1.html

My favorite part is the new set of screenshots to be found:

elebits20061005041208714dw3.jpg

elebits20061005041209511lo2.jpg

elebits20061005041210229rb2.jpg

Really looking forward to playing this one. I figure it'll be the first game I play after I get home from launch.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Nothing groundbreaking about the game[/quote]
The one main complaint that everybody had about the game was that everything had the same physics, which they said they fixed. That's pretty big news.

I really liked this blog, because it told me that "Konami gets it." They talk about how they had a build up and running in a week because they were familiar with the GCN hardware, but that it took a long time to work on the controls. This really puts Nintendo's reasoning into focus. The Wii hardware is a tool to create new control methods, using established and familiar hardware for the incidentals. Developers can now spend the bulk of their time working on the gameplay and controls, and not have to worry about graphics or learning the hardware.

Nicely said. Honestly, I didn't immediately pick up on the physics statements - I sort of glanced over most of it as I was saving those images to Imageshack, and yeah, that really IS great news.

I may be able to like this game, but as it stands I can't imagine paying full MSRP for it. I want it for multiplayer, but I'm not convinced that multiplayer is going to be a super fun experience in Elebits. Is the idea just to collect 'em all, and if you're in a mulitplayer game, somehow fuck with the other dude while he or she's collecting these little munchkins?

I'm not knocking the game, I'm just wondering if the gameplay might tire out pretty quickly.

bread's done
Back