DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Offers Remote/Nunchuck or GC/Wavebird control options

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/dragonballzbudokaitenkaichi2/news.html?sid=6159526

I thought this was interesting news considering that the game didn't make a good impression at E3 with the full-on motion controls, but now they've toned them down and it seems to work better now. If that's not to your liking, you can just stick a GC controller or Wavebird and play with normal controls.

In lieu of unique modes or characters, control is obviously the big-ticket offering on the Wii. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 offers two major control options, which should cover the bases for all Wii players. The primary control option is using the Wiimote and its analog attachment to fight. The Wiimote scheme has changed since the last time we saw it, as it relies less on frantic waving. The new scheme mixes button pressing with selective waving, which feels a good deal better than the last time we played it. You'll move your character with the analog stick and perform your primary melee attacks with the A button. Your ki blast will be triggered by the B button. The Wiimote's D pad will let you block by holding down and find your foe by holding up. You'll dash by pushing a direction and shaking the analog attachment. You can boost the move up to a super dash by holding down the Z button while you shake.

A few moves will incorporate motions with the remote. For instance, you'll jump with the C button, and once you've taken flight, you can change your height by holding down the button and moving the controller up or down. You'll trigger each character's super moves by holding down the Z and B buttons and moving the Wiimote and analog attachment in one of several intuitive motions. For example, Goku's Kamehameha blast is performed by moving the Wiimote and analog attachment back and forth in a stabbing motion. If all of the above sounds a bit too complicated for your tastes, the second control option might be up your alley, although it's decidedly less Wii-tastic. If the Wiimote isn't to your liking, you can plug in a corded GameCube controller or Wavebird and kick tail via more conventional means.

I've been wondering how this would work. I have the old Nintendo Power issue where one of the guys working on the game demonstrates via the wonder of pictures (gasp) how the activation of Super moves would work. Needless to say it looked cool, but how does it all work in Melee combat? Its good to know there is a choice at least, I cant wait to give the Wiimote method a try to see how that works out. Thanks for the heads up.

This was confirmed a few months ago and started the whole hillariousness of out of shape gamers not wanting to play the Wii because they'd be too tired. Good times.

bread's done
Back