- - - - -

NEWSFLASH: Playing your Wii in direct sunlight is bad!

#1 Tybee   Rowsdower! CAGiversary!   4105 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:43 PM

Of course, this applies to video games in general, or really anything you view on a TV or monitor, but where's the fun in admitting that?

http://www.joystiq.c...is-biggest-foe/

Frankly, if you haven't figured out by now that positioning your screen directly across from an unobstructed (they're called blinds and curtains, people) window is a bad idea, you get what you deserve.

#2 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16503 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:51 PM

I was initially somewhat worried about this (cause who knows what amount of sun would cause issues), but someone in the Joystiq comments pointed out that it looks like they have it taken care of for retail units:

Iwata: This so-called "beam" connecting the user and the television was something that had never been attempted before. Didn't you run into any difficulties during development?

Ikeda: In the early stages of development we ran into a number of problems that we hadn't anticipated, like the fact that the controller would react to fluorescent light, for example. Creating a mechanism that prevents the controller from responding to fluorescent light and sunlight may not sound overly difficult, but it still caused us a good deal of trouble.

http://ms.nintendo-e...expand=2&l=enGB

#3 munch   la tĂȘte de CAG CAGiversary!   19476 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:52 PM

I love the first response:

Shouldn't be a problem considering natural light is the ancestral enemy of all gamers...

#4 ksuwild25   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:06 PM

Nintendo needs to add that cape and coffin to their accessory list.

#5 Tybee   Rowsdower! CAGiversary!   4105 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

I love the first response:

I like this one:

Boktai Wii CANCELLED

:applause:

#6 TimPV3   Butthole CAGiversary!   2580 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:24 PM

I like this one:

:applause:

That is probably the funniest comment I've ever read.

#7 Mr Unoriginal   Cheap Amish Gamer CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Mr Unoriginal

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:27 PM

I also heard that playing it under water is bad. Is this true?

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#8 Tybee   Rowsdower! CAGiversary!   4105 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:28 PM

I also heard that playing it under water is bad. Is this true?

Yes! Not only that, but apparently inserting the remote into your rectum SEVERELY limits its functionality! WTF?!?!

#9 tomfoolery   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

tomfoolery

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:29 PM

that's like saying "food is needed for survival".

T. Foolery

#10 Skylander7   Accidental Engineer/Beer Snob CAGiversary!   2213 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Skylander7

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:31 PM

I'm surprised nobody has made a "I play with my Wii in front of the computer in a dark room all the time, and it works just fine" jokes yet.

Wait.. err... nevermind..

#11 LinkinPrime   A long time ago... CAGiversary!   43457 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:32 PM

I saw that on the net a couple days ago and I got worried. I have problems with the XBOX Vision Camera since my room's lighting isn't that great. If I can't pay with my Wii, its going to suck. I might have to hold out on the Wii alltogether.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30STMsmall_zps1jzs0pc7.png

#12 UndyingForce   The Host with the Most CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

UndyingForce

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:14 AM

debunked:
http://wii.ign.com/a...8/738266p1.html

move on!

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

#13 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6917 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:18 AM

"In a related story, some Nintendo fans are planning to protest in front of Nintendo of America's Seattle headquarters after learning that Wii discs are, in fact, inedible. More as the story breaks." what?! now what am i going to eat while playing :cry:

For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here, Here and Here
Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#14 6669   Inactive User CAGiversary!   5975 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:30 AM

If I'm playing Wii, I'll probably have my curtains closed anyway.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Free Magazines! | thanx CAGs! | MySpace

You that have that devil infactuation should really find a hobby or somethin?!?

#15 J35U5   CAGing like a master CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:54 PM

people who plan to play their Wiis in direct sunlight -- perhaps on the beach, in a greenhouse, or maybe on the surface of the moon....

:lol:

#16 rabbitt   A Symphony of Horror CAGiversary!   7409 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:01 AM

If I'm playing Wii, I'll probably have my curtains closed anyway.

Hehehe, good point. The last thing we need is the neighbors watching you pretend to shoot your TV with the remote.