CAGcast #47: World of Moochcraft [Bonus Pics/Videos Inside!]

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Join us for discussions on the latest releases and industry news, YMIJ at Rockstar Japan's Table Tennis party, your questions from the CAGbag, and oh so much more!

I forgot to draw a contest winner and mention how to enter this week's contest. Just post a comment and you will be entered. We will draw two winners next week.

Download - 66 minutes, 30MB
(If you haven't yet done so, PLEASE review us by clicking here!)
RSS feed - Add to Google - Add to My Yahoo
Past CAGcasts

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast47.mp3[/media]

Show Linkage:
Intro music: Moon Patrol 'Shanecappella VoxBeat'
Funny Feedback from NeoGAF
CAGcast Contest - Prizes: Namco, Nintendo, Phoenix Wright

CAGcast Voicemail! - Leave us a 50th Episode Message
CAGcast Survey

New Releases

PS3 Pre-Orders
EB/GS Downloadable Games

PS3/Wii Launch Lineups?
WMS: PS3 Tie Ratio of Two This Year
G4’s New Reality Show—The Block
Bully Article on Wired
Microsoft Won’t Give up on 360
Sony Prices Its Own PS3 Games Cheaper for Japan

CAGbag: How the "Nintendo Amusement Park" works

Outro: Vic 20 Commercial

Bonus Videos from the Rockstar Event!
Auto Toilet
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p151cqZwL8g[/media]
CheapyD vs Japanese Girls
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a1hlXSZnoI[/media]
CheapyD vs Wally Green, Pro Table Tennis Playa
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzJmX9cw20Q[/media]
Bonus Wally Green Video - The bald guy is not me!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcpCD79gWZI[/media]

Bonus Photos from the Rockstar Event!
Me and Wally Green, Pro Table Tennis Playa [media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/ymij/tt/cheapydwally.jpg[/media]
One of our Rockstar Hosts's nails
[media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/ymij/tt/ttnails.jpg[/media]
Tourney Brackets
[media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/ymij/tt/ttbrackets.jpg[/media]
Layout of the apartment
[media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/ymij/tt/ttlayout1.jpg[/media] [media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/ymij/tt/ttlayout2.jpg[/media] [media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/ymij/tt/ttlayout3.jpg[/media]

great show you butter lipped pole smokers. im dyin to know more about the ps3 and whether its gonna be worth buyin over the xbox 360 and if you knwo whether microsoft is going to do something about their systems crashing by either redesigning it or coming out with newer better systems. i dont mind waiting another year to get one of the new systems seeing as how ps2 games have been dropping in price faster than a sorririty girls drops her panties at a keg party but itd be good to know more overall.

and dont bother mentioning the wii as a console i could give 2 shits about the wii and its powerglove 2.0 cntroller. all i want from nintendo is twilight princess for the gamecube and then maybe a ds when they go down to 90 bucks or less.

btw do you think that theres a chance that twilight princess wont be released for the cube at all and that maybe the game had always been meant to be released as a wii title ? btw who won the contest thingy you all didnt mention it at all you know that whole weird ass wombat letter game deal and next week use the level one theme song from castlevannia 3 to open the show or else ill make 2 trips to open up a few cans of whupass both your ways.

konichiwa bitches.

Everytime CheapyD doesn't wear a rubber, god kills a kitten.

Think of the kittens, Cheapy. THE KITTENS!!!

And btw where the fuck are last week Contest results? I'd like to know now that I didn't win, thank you very much! ;) You guys should've gotten more in depth about the PS3 pre-order shenanigans. that would've peaked my interest.

Great show, and I'm taking the same stance as Cheapy on Splinter Cell. I was ready to buy this, full price, but there's no way in hell I'm doing it now. If you have to take stuff out, then the game is not f'n ready to be released. Or it's a budget title.

Nice videos. This podcast was on par with the past few months of podcasts. You guys are pretty consistant.

Piecemeal gaming sucks. As for the issue of the "co-op" download being too large, games can have the feature on the disk and not have it available to the player until you download a small patch to activate it...

Cheapy is right - do not support this!!!!!

- I just hope Zanzibar doesn't cost MS points on Halo 3.....

Wow. Thanks for the on-air rub. I'm anticipating my pageviews to skyrocket by dozens!

And Wombat: You do a lot of work on the technical end, and we appreciate it, but do some more reviews (both written and on the cast) or some interviews or something and then you have my blessing to mooch all you want. Trying to work with Massive is a very good start.

I always have fun and a good share of laughs with the CAGcast. To Wombat. What is the point of being a game-scene superstar if not for the free stuff? Keep asking man..:lol:

Scarface game

driving is pretty standard, nothing worth complaining about, boats drive a lot better than GTA boats.

music: has a lot of tracks, no radio stations, it's more like tracklists. here's the weirder part of the game sometimes music will play when you're not even in the car...like tony's using a walkman.

really worth buying...although still baffled why the xbox didn't get an LE but the ps2 did

I'm glad to see I have enough pull around here to inspire a CAGcast title.

I'm unhappy to see that Wombat still couldn't go one episode without asking for free stuff, but at least he toned it down.

Good show, enjoyed listening as usual... but they seem to take too long to get going, and then they just stop.

No reviews, no news... actually, I just like reviews. Please guys, give opinions on demos you play, games, XBLA, anything, I appreciate your opinions.

[quote name='McBacon']Good show, enjoyed listening as usual... but they seem to take too long to get going, and then they just stop.

No reviews, no news... actually, I just like reviews. Please guys, give opinions on demos you play, games, XBLA, anything, I appreciate your opinions.[/QUOTE]

yeah as the second person to bring that up, I think we may need to add a review section to the outline.

and to Zewone: for the record I didn't ask for anything this episode, and least I don't think I did?

Good episode...where's the contest winner? Consider this my entry for this week's contest.

Wombat...you are good at mooching so keep on doing it...maybe you can mooch a copy of phoneix wright out of cheapy for me? Let's see how strong your mooching skills really are :)

Thanks for the entertainment.

Wombat the Windows game requirements thing is CRAP. It said my PC could not run BF2 (I was missing some HD space) and, CoH (runs fine) just get demos and pee on the cow!

You read the birthday message responses and I respect the fuck out of that. Though the rant was definitely still the best one.

Good CAGcast.

Edit: Oh, and I liked you reading Regalsin's "question."

The videos and pictures are a nice companion to the CAGcast. I'd like to see more things like this every week. More media to accompany the podcasts would certainly provide more insight into what you guys are doing. Wombat should have taken some pics from the Wii event, or the Rockstar Table Tennis party (if they let cameras in, that is). At least then he'd be more deserving of the goods Cheapy sends him... HA! Anyway, good show.

edit: I also agree with the people asking for reviews of games. I think you guys have a knack for voicing honest opinions about the games you like/dislike, and while they may not really influence me one way or another to buy something, I would find your insight interesting.

I really need to start listening to these again and grab the ones I'm missing. I'm so behind that it's pathetic.

This new format with bonus videos looks great. Hopefully I'll get to hear this soon and give you my thoughts on it.

Keep up the great work, guys! :D

Another good show. I'm so sick of piecemeal gaming already and it's barely even taken off yet. Sure, I've shelled out money for some recycled content on XBLA (Pac-Man, Street Fighter II, Doom) and I'll probably buy some favorites and some titles I never tried on Wii's Virtual Console; but paying extra for what should be included with a game that I've already paid for pisses me off.

In fact, I think I may dump all of my EA Sports titles as a protest. So can anyone tell me if NHL 2K7 is any good? :)

BTW - this is my entry for the drawing too!

Decent show guys. You gave me a few "oh shit" moments as my daughter happened to be in the room while I was listening but otherwise it was an enjoyable show. One thing did throw me off however.

Has anyone else noticed Wombat growing more and more hostile lately? It seems he is much less agreable than in the past and has even refused to acknowledge some of Cheapy's perspectives on various topics. As much as I like Wombat as a host (it wouldn't be the CagCast without him) I feel this newfound angst is starting to detract from the show. Maybe the weight loss is helping him regain some of that lost male aggression. Or perhaps the WLA is to blame. Regardless, I think a reality check is needed here.

Wombat, you bring balance to the force. Turn to the dark side and all will be lost. Just my two cents.

Nice. You folks have reached a new middle. It's great how y'all consistently strive to be the most average podcast ever. Mediocrity rules!

*seriously, entertaining show as always. The YMIJ segment continues to impress (thanks for the vids, too--everything is better w/video!). I totally agree that your reality TV show idea is the bee's knees. Cheapy: try pitching it to VH1--they take anyone with even a whiff of celebrity. Just say you're J Allard or grow a goatee and pass yourself off as Howie Mandel.

The only suggestion I can give the CAG podcast is that maybe some sort of intro sounds to different segments. Yeah, I know it costs extra $, but it'll make it sound a bit more professional. Then again, these guys are just doin it for fun which is great. I love the show and to be honest I just recently got into it. Keep it up!

More burping on the air please.

Give Wombat more free stuff

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No burping makes this the best CAGcast you guys have done.
[/quote]

Seriously. That stuff annoys me.

But, this is the first time commenting a CAG Cast show. I thought this one was really good, and like always its a perfect thing to listen to on the way to school and back.

Ugh, its so sickening on the way they are using the Marketplace, and it seems to get worse every day.

If I was a game developer I wouldnt offer anything that costs money on the Marketplace until after the first year. Then i'd maybe make some new maps or big updates that require a little extra cash.

Keep up the good work. Cant wait for the next one! :bouncy:

Great show enjoyed it loads bla bla yadda yadda. I really like hearing about what goes down in Japan and about poison blowfish. I guess there isn't much game news to talk about, and cheapy and wombat can't be expected to buy or try games just for the cagcast.

I personally think Wombat's "mooching" is funny and it is obvious to me that it is all in good fun. I think it's nice (and appropriate) that cheapy sends him something once in a while.

If you need more downloads just give the word. I'll do it from work, home, relatives houses etc and so would lots of other cags.

And where do I find this survey?

I don't mind Wombat mooching either, as it's (mostly) a bit. I think Cheapy's math was off a bit. He was multiplying 47 shows X $0, but since the bandwidth costs so much, I think you should calculate the money you're losing on downloads and split the bill with Wombat. Then, and only then, will he be a true partner in CAGventures!

I love dogs but Wombat can you close Zelda out of the room when she acts up? The barking was getting to be a bit mutch.

And then there was when she was playing with a squeaky toy (at least I assume that's what that noise was).

[quote name='Jazar']I love dogs but Wombat can you close Zelda out of the room when she acts up? The barking was getting to be a bit mutch.

And then there was when she was playing with a squeaky toy (at least I assume that's what that noise was).[/QUOTE]

Actually, I thought the barking and where it happened was hilarious. Better than the belching, anyway. Maybe Zelda wants her own segment? Do we need to start a ZLA?

Good show all around. Since most (all) of the Nintendo sound toys are gone now, I was not too traumatized that you guys skipped the contest this week. One of the better YMiJ segments yet, especially when followed up with the videos...although I'm going to have nightmares of Cheapy peeing on me now. Thanks for that.

bread's done
Back