10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is though is that it's the soundblaster mold and not the soundwave mold. The difference being that the cassette area can hold 2 cassettes instead of one unlike the original.

[quote name='sonderiaom']The thing is though is that it's the soundblaster mold and not the soundwave mold. The difference being that the cassette area can hold 2 cassettes instead of one unlike the original.[/quote]
I forgot to note, that's not an official picture I posted. I just googled for an image.

EDIT: You were right:

That's right my friends! The infamous G1 Soundwave is now available for pre-order for $29.99 at ToysRUs.com. It looks like he will be available just in time for Christmas later this year with a December release date. There are no official pictures available yet of the toy or packaging. The toy will be a Soundwave colored repaint of the Japanese exclusive Soundblaster toy which will be able to hold both of the cassettes which come packaged with Soundwave (Laserbeak and Ravage).

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=8352

Very cool, I'm going to order as soon as I get off work.

They have a deal that you get a free TF "scout". I wonder if you get it if you PO Soundwave.

[quote name='KingDox']Very cool, I'm going to order as soon as I get off work.

They have a deal that you get a free TF "scout". I wonder if you get it if you PO Soundwave.[/quote]

I tried and I couldnt get it to work, but I didnt really see any "scouts" that I liked besides some yellow jeep.

hmmm, i was gonna say just get the original but i see the prices are higher...i may have to start selling some of my G1 transformers;)

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Will I be able to buy this in the local stores?[/quote]

Yup, its in the OP. They will most likely be very hard to find.

[quote name='Richlough']I have the original one .[/quote]

So do I, though this one being able to hold two cassettes is cool.

Not $38 worth of cool, for me, but still cool ;)

[quote name='Richlough']I have the original one .[/QUOTE]

I HAD the original till a few years back. Ebayed all of my Transformers...except for my all time favorite birthbay present and in my opnion the coolest Transformer. Original Jetfire/ Skyfire :) 100% complete too and looking brand new.

Happy days are here again long live Transformers.."I still have to get Unicron"
but Soundwave is the Coolest trans of them all. Prove me wrong?

Makes me sad 'cause I sold my originals a while ago. Jazz, Megatron, Ape Face, Slag, and a few others. I wasn't even displaying them, and I wasn't working on getting more, so I figured others would be able to enjoy them more.

I had an old original Soundwave where my friend was playing with it and broke his head off by pushing the wrong way on it. I had another friend who broke the leg off my Grimlock, and yet another who lost the wing to my Starscream.

My friends sucked.

Thanks OP, in for one. Now if they'd only reprint Shockwave, Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Fort Max, and Trypticon. But we know that Jetfire can't happen because of the copyright issues with Robotech robots and Fort Max failed some safety tests and is too big (which is why Trypticon won't happen either) which really pisses me off. If you're buying a toys thats 2 feet tall for anyone under 10, then your kid deserves to get hurt.

I haven't been able to follow TFs that much for the past two or three years but I still dig the old stuff.

[quote name='Melhavic']Happy days are here again long live Transformers.."I still have to get Unicron"
but Soundwave is the Coolest trans of them all. Prove me wrong?[/quote]
Transformers have been 'back' for years. I buy them all the time.
But Soundwave had a funny voice. It was (ugh) Wheelie who would rhyme.

Unicron is just okay, so big and orange and spiky.
Safety orange makes me gag -- as a color, me no likey.

Transformer Classics are now released; these I cannot wait to buy.
Was your post supposed to be a poem, or just more than meets the eye

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You get all three.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

I think I'm gonna get it just for Laserbeak and Ravage, who gives a shit about Soundwave.

[quote name='ITDEFX']40 bucks for soundwave? fuck THAT!![/QUOTE]
Well, the Optimus Prime TRU reissue sold for around $40 if I remember, and now goes for $90+ on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230034434231

Since Soundwave is one of the more sought-after G1 Transformers, I wouldn't be surprised if it will get up there too. I'll probably get one to open and one to keep sealed up.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Will I be able to buy this in the local stores?[/QUOTE]
Toys R Us will have them in-store, but you will need to stay on top of it when they come out because they will probably go pretty fast. I think when I got my Optimus G1 reissue it was the last one left on the shelf. A lot of the other G1 reissues sat around forever though, and eventually got discounted deeply. I guess it just depends on if they make enough of these to meet the demand.

So last night I was watching Transformers the movie and remembered that I still had not got this. I went to buy it and saw that it had 10 bucks off if you use Google to Pay.

But it was really late so I said I would order it in the morning. And now that I visit the page it's Back ordered. I ordered one anyway and hope to get one when the come back in stock.

Oh and you can find pics of it here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115386

It does look like it's the Soundblaster version that can hold 2 cassets.

Has anyone gotten theirs yet? When I ordered mine, it was for a preorder and now TRU emailed me saying they're not sure when they'll get any in...

Damn, I want this SOOOOO bad. I just got 2 of the Optimus Prime 20th anniversary super deluxe talking figures for $60 apiece.

I also got the 20th anniversary Starscream, Hot Rod, and Mirage figures, but they are totally different from the originals.

Now I notice Jetfire and Grimlock on the back of that box for Soundwave (along with Mirage). When did those release???

Has anyone picked up this figure? I haven't seen it at any TRU's and I've been checking them out almost daily the last 2 weeks because of their big clearance on games.

God damn it if I don't get this one I am 0/3 out of my last three attempts to score cool shit on CAG!

God... it's me are you listening!??!

Speaking of awesome Transformers, have you guys seen these?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Part of a semi new line that are homages to the G1 sculpt... I got lucky and found a Grimlock tonight (out of 35 or so figures on the pegs) and the thing is AMAZING, just take a look at it in the link above.

I also really liked (but didn't buy) Starscream and Bumblebee as well. Grimlock was one of those figures I've wanted for a long time, and now I got i've true Grimlock that's an awesome homage to the original.

Now if Soundwave ever came out, all I'd really need left is Blaster...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes, those are awesome. I got Optimus and I want to get the Optimus vs Megatron pack as well as Grimlock.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I definitely want that Optimus vs Megatron pack too.

Grimlock is definitely awesome, I had to search racks upon racks and finally found the only one there. I debated it for a minute, and I was like "Well, what the fuck, it's Grimlock, I may never see another one".

It's sad to think that Wave 3 is just two repaints (Cliffjumper and a robot who I forget who is a Starscream repaint) because this line has infinite possibilities. Just the fact they finally made a G2 Megatron, a Bumblebee, and a Grimlock is awesome.

I usually don't get many TF toys, all I really have so far is -

Unicron
Sealed 20th Anniversary Prime
Sealed G1 Re-release Prime
Sealed G1 Re-release Starscream
Cybertron Starscream
Sealed G1 Re-release Hot Rod

And then some random misc. toys, like an alternator and some cybertron stuff. I think I've also got Scourge somewhere in a box in my garage (that one was badass).

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I definitely want that Optimus vs Megatron pack too.

Grimlock is definitely awesome, I had to search racks upon racks and finally found the only one there. I debated it for a minute, and I was like "Well, what the fuck, it's Grimlock, I may never see another one".

It's sad to think that Wave 3 is just two repaints (Cliffjumper and a robot who I forget who is a Starscream repaint) because this line has infinite possibilities. Just the fact they finally made a G2 Megatron, a Bumblebee, and a Grimlock is awesome.

I usually don't get many TF toys, all I really have so far is -

Unicron
Sealed 20th Anniversary Prime
Sealed G1 Re-release Prime
Sealed G1 Re-release Starscream
Cybertron Starscream
Sealed G1 Re-release Hot Rod

And then some random misc. toys, like an alternator and some cybertron stuff. I think I've also got Scourge somewhere in a box in my garage (that one was badass).[/quote]

Have you seen any pics to wave 3 yet?

I also got just a few. Sealed G1 re-release Prime (japanese I think) and the 20th anniversary prime from last year or so. I love the alternator series. I got Grimlock, Optimus Prime (red dodge ram) and Nemesis Prime (black dodge Ram *Thanks Ma12kez :D)

transformers-alternators-grimlock.jpg

(Grimlock as a 2005 Mustang)

Not yet, and I've only heard of those two figures being the only one in the wave. Apparently, at Botcon 2006 alot of ideas were tossed around and they mentioned figures they'd like to do (Jazz was one of them) but with the movie coming out, it seems Hasbro is just going to focus on that.

That Nemesis Prime is awesome by the way... it's an SDCC exclusive apparently so it's a bit pricey for me ;)

I never even knew they made an Optimus Prime alternator... is it still easy to be found? I always see stacks of alternators at my Wal-Mart's but it's always the really early figures.

I've got Smokescreen and kind of lost interest in the line.

The OP alt isn't too hard to find if you keep you eyes peeled. They move quickly but not instantly from the shelves. You'll find it in the newer fishbowl packaging. It's a bright red truck so it's hard to miss ;)

[quote name='oxidative']The OP alt isn't too hard to find if you keep you eyes peeled. They move quickly but not instantly from the shelves. You'll find it in the newer fishbowl packaging. It's a bright red truck so it's hard to miss ;)[/QUOTE]

Pics of the new packaging? Like I said, all I ever see is tons of old school packaging. I bought Smokescreen but never opened him, to be honest I wasn't really that impressed with him and never did get around to returning it.

Looking through the list they definitely got alot better as they went on... Dead End, Shockblast, Wheeljack, Jazz, Optimus Prime... those ones look awesome.

[quote name='Roufuss']Pics of the new packaging? Like I said, all I ever see is tons of old school packaging. I bought Smokescreen but never opened him, to be honest I wasn't really that impressed with him and never did get around to returning it.

Looking through the list they definitely got alot better as they went on... Dead End, Shockblast, Wheeljack, Jazz, Optimus Prime... those ones look awesome.[/QUOTE]

Mirage is out there also. It's a Ford GT and pretty kick ass.

Sample pic of new packaging:

HAS11878.jpg

On this coast, Target, Walmart, K-mart, TRU and Fred Meyer are your best bet for Transformers. I'm not sure what the case is for Florida.

Hey that is pretty bad ass... alot better than Smokescreen, I'll tell you that much ;)

It seems the line got pretty awesome as time went on.

Is Mirage / Grimlock / Wheeljack / Shockblast still in stores, or did I miss the boat? I see most of them came out in 2005...

[quote name='Roufuss']Hey that is pretty bad ass... alot better than Smokescreen, I'll tell you that much ;)

It seems the line got pretty awesome as time went on.

Is Mirage / Grimlock / Wheeljack / Shockblast still in stores, or did I miss the boat? I see most of them came out in 2005...[/QUOTE]

You missed that boat. Shockblast is pretty awesome in my opinion.

Here is a site that will give you an idea of what's available currently. Alternators are on to "Assortment 2" (newer packaging), so check that out:

http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/checklists/alternators_binaltech.php#alter2

[quote name='oxidative']You missed that boat. Shockblast is pretty awesome in my opinion.

Here is a site that will give you an idea of what's available currently. Alternators are on to "Assortment 2" (newer packaging), so check that out:

http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/checklists/alternators_binaltech.php#alter2[/QUOTE]

Ah, no biggie, at least I still have a shot at OP.

Thanks a ton!

Between this Grimlock I bought tonight, this Optimus Prime, and if they ever bring out this Soundwave, I'll be doing pretty good for TF figures.

[quote name='Roufuss']That Nemesis Prime is awesome by the way... it's an SDCC exclusive apparently so it's a bit pricey for me ;)

I never even knew they made an Optimus Prime alternator... is it still easy to be found? I always see stacks of alternators at my Wal-Mart's but it's always the really early figures.

I've got Smokescreen and kind of lost interest in the line.[/quote]

Those Alternators are freaking AWESOME. If you have a Fry's near you Roufuss, that's your best bet. They actually have a TON of Transformers, from the 20th anniversary Optimus Prime to the "Classics" and the Alternators. They had them all on sale a couple of weeks before Christmas. I've also seen them at various Targets. Toys R Us is not a good place to check, unless it is a ghetto store.

I still have about 90% of the original G1 figures released in the US. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line I got all the empty boxes tossed out tragically, along with most of the papers/documents/techspecs. And I used to keep them all meticulously. Don't know what happened to them, but my dad threw out all the empty boxes for my Transformers, Robotech, Godaikins, Japanese robots, GI Joe, etc.

One of these days I'm just going to buy a complete collection of the Japanese re-release figures they put out a few years back. It sucks that we can't get a decent Megatron in the US due to the close resemblance to a gun. The original is an amazing replica of the Walter P38. Glad I still have mine.

bread's done
Back