* * * * * 1 votes

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

#6151 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4599 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:41 PM

Huh, didn't know Bluestreak was going to be released via SDCC timing.  Ah well, I've got my KO and am happy. 

What's been shown thus far is going to be saving me a lot of money.  I'll get SkyLynx, but none of the repaint limbs.  G2 Superion is tempting since that's the version I had as a kid, but nope.  And fucking Scattershot is a Silverbolt remold?!  Fuck you Hasbro.  Seriously.  Doesn't even have a new Gestalt head.  That's just lazy.

They're milking these molds to death, and then will wonder why sales dried up.  Victorion makes my eyes bleed, and has two fucking Alpha Bravo molds?  The Fuck?!

Wallet is happy, but I'm not...

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#6152 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2478 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

Huh, didn't know Bluestreak was going to be released via SDCC timing.  Ah well, I've got my KO and am happy. 

What's been shown thus far is going to be saving me a lot of money.  I'll get SkyLynx, but none of the repaint limbs.  G2 Superion is tempting since that's the version I had as a kid, but nope.  And fucking Scattershot is a Silverbolt remold?!  Fuck you Hasbro.  Seriously.  Doesn't even have a new Gestalt head.  That's just lazy.

They're milking these molds to death, and then will wonder why sales dried up.  Victorion makes my eyes bleed, and has two fucking Alpha Bravo molds?  The Fuck?!

Wallet is happy, but I'm not...

I'm in for the Sky Lynx limbs since I am a sucker for G1 cars and they combine.  I will skip the G2 stuff since I never liked it.

Victorion -- I still don't understand why this is generating such buzz.  It's a "female" combiner...made up of repainted males.  I'll give them this -- the combined Victorion looks different and interesting, and more uniform than most combiners, but those colors...especially on all the individual robots...I'm with you.  My eyes hurt.  I will probably get this, then regret it.

Fans voted for two Alpha Bravos.  I don't understand that either.  Some people really seem to like it, but I think Alpha Bravo and Offroad are weak sauce molds to begin with, and not just because they aren't original team members.  They suck on their own (lack of) merits.

I don't understand Scattershot.  Are we getting Technobots or not?  The combiner name listed is "Betatron", which says to me they're slapping together some hastily repainted things and calling it a combiner.  Hell with that.  "Scattershot" looks awful and "Betatron" doesn't even deserve a diss.

You know the repainting has gotten out of control when Hasbro trumpets "Hey kids!  Look, new hands and feet!  Isn't that awesome?!?"

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#6153 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   995 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:33 AM

Don't care about RID. Already have the previous reissues for Blaster and Insecticons. Never cared for or have room for Trypticon.

Psyched to finally get the new MP Starscream mold. Can finally get rid of my old Walmart MP Starscream

#6154 Thomas96   I am Thomaticus! CAGiversary!   5958 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Thomas96

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

I saw Devastator at TRU today.  159.99.  I didn't buy it since I got an order coming from Amazon. They're out in the wild now!

Posted Image

#6155 ryosnk   I'm a super patriot. CAGiversary!   3919 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:21 AM

Would anyone know when hasbro will sell there sdcc items on there website?

#6156 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2478 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:17 AM

Sometime, probably but not guaranteed within the next week.  I have seen less chatter about it this year.  I don't know if there is less demand, though probably.  Still, I expect all the Transformer junk to sell out quickly this year.  There's no vastly overpriced Knights of Unicron set this time.

I checked obsessively last year and still missed it since it when live when I was asleep.  I'll order the Arcee/Chromia/Disappointment set if I can, but I won't lose sleep if I don't.

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#6157 ryosnk   I'm a super patriot. CAGiversary!   3919 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for the info blandstalker. I'm mostly looking to get the kreo class set.

#6158 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

Their online store says July 28, I know most stuff went in the blink of an eye the last couple years. I'm hoping to try to snag the Dr Strange set if the price isn't insane.

#6159 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1688 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:56 PM

Got a shipping confirmation and tracking number from TRU for MP Bluestreak.

#6160 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1688 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:19 PM

The Covenant of Primus book is currently a Prime Day Lightning Deal on Amazon for $29.99 (regular Amazon price $59.99).  Currently 24% claimed, about 2 hours, 40 minutes to go.

#6161 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1688 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

The crazily colored Blitzwing / Astrotrain Platinum Edition 2 pack will be an Amazon Lightning Deal at 9pm Eastern.  Regular price $69.99.

#6162 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43338 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Anyone have insight as to what time today the SDCC stuff goes live on HTS?

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#6163 demonchylde   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

demonchylde

Posted Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Anyone have insight as to what time today the SDCC stuff goes live on HTS?

Some of it is live already

katy-perry-elmo-bounce-o.gif

#6164 ryosnk   I'm a super patriot. CAGiversary!   3919 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:27 PM

Any codes to use at hasbro toy shop?

#6165 demonchylde   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

demonchylde

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

I tried a few supposedly valid codes for 20% and then 10% off, but they're either expired or don't work on the SDCC Combiner Hunters set. :(

katy-perry-elmo-bounce-o.gif

#6166 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2478 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted Today, 05:52 AM

I tried a few supposedly valid codes for 20% and then 10% off, but they're either expired or don't work on the SDCC Combiner Hunters set. :(

Codes never work on exclusives.  Do you still have the 20% code?  The silver Megatron is back in stock...

Class of 85, Combiner Hunters, and Devastator still available as of now.  Wow.  I am impressed, as this is the first year this hasn't been a total cluster-you-know-what.