* * * * * 1 votes

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

#6391 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:42 AM

Anybody have input on this Transformers card game I saw at Target?  Thinking about it as a stocking stuffer.

https://www.target.c...et/-/A-53855613

The art's great, but as someone who plays card games online, I'm not going to find anyone to play with IRL.  I'd just be throwing money away on it, especially with blinds.

#6392 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2605 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:29 AM

So all these years I've been away and this is the state of this thread? GUYS, COME ON! Seige is out! It's awesome! I dig Skytread even if he's not two bots and those mini assault teams are fantastic, triple changers even!

I haven't outfitted Cog to anyone yet (my better half snagged Hound and Sideswipe with him, but I agreed I'd let her get the other two for Xmas for me), but he's a lot of fun to mess with in alt mode to rearrange the gun layout. it's too bad his torso half cant do much and that the linking of the two halves is a weak slot system. 

What have you guys been digging so far if you've gotten any?

Is Prime and Megs out yet?

I'm giving Siege a pass until the prices come down.

First "Studio Series" was slightly tweaked old molds at the $20 price point.  Now *everything* is at that pricepoint.  No thanks.

I just picked up a bunch of the older Studio Series (Jazz, Lockdown) for $12 and the shiny leader Grimlock for $24.  I'm waiting for Siege to fall a little bit before jumping in.

It's a bummer because I had Skytread in my hands at Target and wanted to bite.  But I'll wait.

I got the Studio Series Bumblebee (the VW Bug one) (on sale + giftcard) and I like that one.

#6393 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:35 AM

I genuinely feel you’re going to get burned if you don’t act now. The models are pretty on point this time, have Cybertronian alt modes, and the Targets I’ve been in are largely wiped out. Sure, they may be restocked, but you’re going to be left with the Dreadwinds of the wave.
And really, with this being the holiday season, you can get them as gifts for yourself or have someone give them to you.

#6394 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:52 AM

I'm giving Siege a pass until the prices come down.

I always forget that this thread exists. Hasbrotoyshop had a big sale on the Siege guys a week or two ago. They had a 20% off sale in addition to pricing the Deluxe guys at $9.99. I purchased a majority of Wave 1. That being said, the Siege figures are incredible. Some thoughts here.

http://www.tfw2005.c...0#post-16375506

Hasbrotoyshop link in case they ever come back in stock.

https://www.hasbroto...ice:&pageSize:

#6395 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4721 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:53 PM

Ugh, so jealous of that HBTS "glitch".  I finally got everything Wave 1 ordered from Amazon, most out for delivery tomorrow.  I don't think they've actually reached mass distribution/assume won't see in stores until spring reset cuz most retail stores near me suck, so better to order at retail than risk scalper prices.

Now that BBTS charges sales tax (at least in Illinois) I have a harder time justifying their markups too.

I did get a few of the Action Master weapons and Micromasters (idk they're proper Siege class names) and they're cute.  I'd say better than the Prime Wars Trilogy stuff so far, but I haven't got any larger figures delivered yet.  Gimmick broke the last few years of figs (some decent figs ruined by shoehowrning the gimmick imho) so cautiously optimistic.

#6396 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

I always forget that this thread exists. Hasbrotoyshop had a big sale on the Siege guys a week or two ago. They had a 20% off sale in addition to pricing the Deluxe guys at $9.99. I purchased a majority of Wave 1. That being said, the Siege figures are incredible. Some thoughts here.

http://www.tfw2005.c...0#post-16375506

Aw man!

See, this is why this thread is here. And the TFW page on FB didn't mention this sale.

I bit at the $20 per, but my better half is getting me two of them and we got a discount for buying $50 in toys at Target, so we saved at least something.    :bouncy:

#6397 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

It was a glitch?!  Arrrrrgh!  I would love to get them with prices like that. Granted, I make enough now to buy them on impulse, but more than half off is just, well, CAG-eriffic. 

I think only Vermont is tax-free anymore (I know I've seen a number of VG threads complaining about the online tax being imposed this year), and even then I don't know if they're immune to online. 

Still, good to see you here Z! I'm back in Illinois again for the forseeable future.  :D/

Ugh, so jealous of that HBTS "glitch".  I finally got everything Wave 1 ordered from Amazon, most out for delivery tomorrow.  I don't think they've actually reached mass distribution/assume won't see in stores until spring reset cuz most retail stores near me suck, so better to order at retail than risk scalper prices.

Now that BBTS charges sales tax (at least in Illinois) I have a harder time justifying their markups too.

I did get a few of the Action Master weapons and Micromasters (idk they're proper Siege class names) and they're cute.  I'd say better than the Prime Wars Trilogy stuff so far, but I haven't got any larger figures delivered yet.  Gimmick broke the last few years of figs (some decent figs ruined by shoehowrning the gimmick imho) so cautiously optimistic.

#6398 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:39 PM

Aw man!

See, this is why this thread is here. And the TFW page on FB didn't mention this sale.

I just happened to notice a thread on TFW2005 mentioning it at lunch. So I just put the order in as soon as I could. $8 per Deluxe was too good of a deal to pass up. $25 Voyagers was good enough to get them early.

I'm not sure if it was actually a glitch. The HTS still lists the Deluxes as $9.99. They still haven't changed it to $19.99. the bigger problem is that they are just out of stock.

#6399 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4721 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:43 PM

It was a glitch?!  Arrrrrgh!  I would love to get them with prices like that. Granted, I make enough now to buy them on impulse, but more than half off is just, well, CAG-eriffic. 

I think only Vermont is tax-free anymore (I know I've seen a number of VG threads complaining about the online tax being imposed this year), and even then I don't know if they're immune to online. 

Still, good to see you here Z! I'm back in Illinois again for the forseeable future.  :D/

Welcome back!  Though you gotta stop coming back in winter hahaha.

I just happened to notice a thread on TFW2005 mentioning it at lunch. So I just put the order in as soon as I could. $8 per Deluxe was too good of a deal to pass up. $25 Voyagers was good enough to get them early.

I'm not sure if it was actually a glitch. The HTS still lists the Deluxes as $9.99. They still haven't changed it to $19.99. the bigger problem is that they are just out of stock.

To be fair, I'm assuming it's a glitch as they're listed at half MSRP, but it is odd that they're still listed like that.  Man, I miss deluxe's being 10 bucks.  Sizes shrink, quality drops, prices rise.  Trifecta of terrible.

#6400 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   934 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

I saw the Siege deluxes at Target yesterday, they rang up at 20 bucks.  The box packaging was I'm sure, at least partly to try to justify the higher price point.

#6401 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1951 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:31 PM

Don’t think it was the packaging, the trend was for deluxe was always rising a buck or two every new line introduced. But there are always deals and sales to help offset some of the cost.
So far the only ones I’m interested are Starscream, Chromia for sure and maybe Ironhide

#6402 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:26 PM

Welcome back!  Though you gotta stop coming back in winter hahaha.

To be fair, I'm assuming it's a glitch as they're listed at half MSRP, but it is odd that they're still listed like that.  Man, I miss deluxe's being 10 bucks.  Sizes shrink, quality drops, prices rise.  Trifecta of terrible.

Ten bucks? What is this, 1984?  :D  

I'm back especially because I have a desk job with a lot of sitting around now, so when I initally returned, it was to get video game deals for my new PS4--but I said, "hey, let's check in on the old thread!"  

Man, did it get into a sorry state of shares and posts!  :shock:

#6403 Ryoga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:29 PM

I saw Hot Rod at the store tonight, didn't like the $30 price tag though.

How about $12? Price has gone way down on Walmart's web site, though I expect many of you have already seen this.

#6404 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:24 AM

Don’t think it was the packaging, the trend was for deluxe was always rising a buck or two every new line introduced. But there are always deals and sales to help offset some of the cost.
So far the only ones I’m interested are Starscream, Chromia for sure and maybe Ironhide

I wasn't too interested in the line at first either. I only decided to jump in because I was able to get them for a ridiculous price. That being said, this new line can justify the price increase. The plastic feels better, the paint apps are better and the engineering is superb. Sideswipe is an incredible Transformer. I highly recommend buying him to get a preview of how good the Siege line actually is. Hound is also a great G1 homage with some slick transformations. Cog is outstanding and give you an incredible amount of options for weapons and gear to enhance other guys.

#6405 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

https://www.hasbroto...ice:&pageSize:

Deluxes are back in stock. Better hurry!

#6406 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

Deluxes are back in stock. Better hurry!

...annnnd dead again.