* * * * * 1 votes

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

#6451 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2522 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:26 PM

The G1 reissue of Optimus Prime is down to $25 at most Walmarts...which is about what it should have been to begin with.

#6452 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:31 AM

The G1 reissue of Optimus Prime is down to $25 at most Walmarts...which is about what it should have been to begin with.

Hell, I remember buying him for around $25 WITH trailer back in 1984. It was the most expensive TF I'd ever bought myself at that time.

#6453 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:00 PM

BBTS is having a few weeks of sales for their 20th anniversary--they have the green translucent Unicron for $149, $50 off.

They also had a one day sale on Grand Maximus, a Tomy recolor of Fort Max for 35%, but he's sold out.

Also a really good deal on Wave 1 of the Seige line, $49.99 for Sideswipe, Cog, Skytread and Hound--just about $12.50 a figure! It's basically buy two, get two (almost) free.

#6454 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4734 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:13 PM

Honestly glad Grand Max is sold out... solves the temptation hehe.

And WTF @ that Optimus Prime reissue not having the trailer.  Like, seriously, DOWN to $25.00 for just Prime/cab?  fuuuuuck that

#6455 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7637 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

So I didn't know about the Walmart tape sets, had to go back for those. Same person pulled a set for me, so I'm done with the reissues now, got what I wanted. :D 

#6456 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:17 PM

Honestly glad Grand Max is sold out... solves the temptation hehe.

And WTF @ that Optimus Prime reissue not having the trailer.  Like, seriously, DOWN to $25.00 for just Prime/cab?  fuuuuuck that

Captain Language.gif

#6457 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7637 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:02 AM

Yes, I'll take American-English for 100.

#6458 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:45 PM

image1.jpeg

Gang, it has been a very good weekend.

Now I just gotta find one more Reflector and the dream becomes a reality.

#6459 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:40 PM

Scratch that: late delivery from Amazon today:

NOt upside down.jpg

'Cracker is in awe of her.

#6460 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2522 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:59 PM

G1 Prime reissue down to $13 at some Walmarts.

#6461 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5964 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:58 PM

35 years ago yesterday, the obsession began ...

#6462 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2063 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:28 AM

Selling my entire CHUG collection, here’s a list and pics if anyone’s interested

https://www.tfw2005....igures.1182606/

#6463 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:40 PM

Selling my entire CHUG collection, here’s a list and pics if anyone’s interested

https://www.tfw2005....igures.1182606/

OOOH, RED deluxe Powerglide. Where'd you score him? I love my white, but red is ideal.

#6464 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2063 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:00 AM

It was the Henkel release, had to import from Japan, probably from BBTS or TFSource
Oh yeah and he was Ultra class, which was slightly bigger than Voyager class

#6465 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:17 PM

I was surprised they had made an Ultra of him at the time. Why they went with WHITE, I'll never know.

That said, it was nice to have a giant Warthog--such a badass plane!

#6466 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:43 PM

Incidentally, the 2020 initial wave was announced.

In for Cliffjumper G1 cartoon accuracy, wouldn't mind Grapple either. But ANOTHER SS, OP... There are so many characters left untouched! How about a Tracks? (Though the Masterpiece was gorgeous), maybe an official FrankenSpike? Insecticons? Roadbuster or Whirl? I'd like to see yet another Arcee, and even another Kup, though the last one was pretty damned awesome.

Not sure about Ironworks. I mean, in the words of Tom Hanks...

PoshJitteryKitfox-max-1mb.gif

#6467 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2612 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:01 PM

Incidentally, the 2020 initial wave was announced.

Not sure about Ironworks.

Oh, that was a late G1 thing.  When they were clearly running out of ideas and had Micromasters (to compete with Micro Machines), they also had Micromaster bases.  This was one of them.

The G1 bases turned into something else, not robots.  Only the Micromaster would transform into a robot.  Usually the things the bases turned into were pretty lame -- "battle stations" or rocket launchers or an expanding vomit of plastic that was less interesting than the thing it was previously. It is a bit clever that they'll now turn into actual robots.

Here 's the G1 version.  I got a lot of them (unfortunately), but this one looked so lame I skipped it:

300px-G1-toy_ConstructionStation.jpg

Yeah, what *is* that, anyway?  Apparently the Siege version can do something similar, but no windmill. 

If all the Siege versions combine into something interesting, I might bite.  But I bet they'll just be recolors of each other that you can stick next to each other and call a modular base or something.  The 'Weaponizers' in Siege we've seen so far had promise, but were really just kind of there, without a plan.  If these are the same, I won't be getting them.

#6468 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5964 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:18 AM

The Chaos Bringer is coming.  Unicron crossed the crowdfunding goal.

#6469 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2612 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:06 AM

The Chaos Bringer is coming.  Unicron crossed the crowdfunding goal.

So did anyone go for it?

I'll admit that I had to think about it after it had gotten the green light.  In the end, though, there were three big things that made me not get it.  $574, no room for it if I did get it, and I really hate orange.

Well, that and, at the end of the day, while Unicron is a great *character*, I don't think it's necessarily a great Transformer.  It's a robot that turns into a sphere.  That's something, but not really why I got into Transformers in the first place.  $600 for that is a big ask.

#6470 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4734 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:13 PM

I'm sure I'll regret it but I ended up passing on Unicron too.  I just can't justify that much on a single figure.  And like Blandstalker said it just turns into a sphere.  A cool detailed sphere, but just crunches up into a ball.  Boring transformation, I want my puzzle boxes, and 600 bucks for a relatively basic shellformer is just begging for buyer's remorse.

#6471 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:40 PM

I'm sure I'll regret it but I ended up passing on Unicron too.  I just can't justify that much on a single figure.  And like Blandstalker said it just turns into a sphere.  A cool detailed sphere, but just crunches up into a ball.  Boring transformation, I want my puzzle boxes, and 600 bucks for a relatively basic shellformer is just begging for buyer's remorse.

I look at 'Cron as basically a giant prop to put the TF's around. More impressive in robot mode obviously, but I just don't have the space (or money for that matter) for such a beast.

Plus that thing is like half a monthly house payment, and there's no justifying that to my better half to have.

Look, the thing was getting made when it crossed 5K. They would have just played it off that "after consideration" they decided to go into production anyways.

That was just their ideal goal, to get to 8K, if in fact there really is 8000 people who coughed up north of $4.5 mil (which I don't believe for a second).

There are a lot of fans out there, but given all the bitching I saw about Jetfire being $80, there is NO way that many people had that kind of scratch laying around to blow.

Oh, that was a late G1 thing.  When they were clearly running out of ideas and had Micromasters (to compete with Micro Machines), they also had Micromaster bases.  This was one of them.

The G1 bases turned into something else, not robots.  Only the Micromaster would transform into a robot.  Usually the things the bases turned into were pretty lame -- "battle stations" or rocket launchers or an expanding vomit of plastic that was less interesting than the thing it was previously. It is a bit clever that they'll now turn into actual robots.

Here 's the G1 version.  I got a lot of them (unfortunately), but this one looked so lame I skipped it:

300px-G1-toy_ConstructionStation.jpg

Yeah, what *is* that, anyway?  Apparently the Siege version can do something similar, but no windmill. 

If all the Siege versions combine into something interesting, I might bite.  But I bet they'll just be recolors of each other that you can stick next to each other and call a modular base or something.  The 'Weaponizers' in Siege we've seen so far had promise, but were really just kind of there, without a plan.  If these are the same, I won't be getting them.

I remember these! Thanks for that. I never got any myself. I thought they were pretty silly too.

I do know that the new line has "shields" that are essentially minibots that turn into ramps to connect together, so they'll do that with Ironworks.

But still... it's a building. Yes, Trypticon and Metroplex and Fort Max are too, but they had mobile alt modes too. :whee:

#6472 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4734 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:03 PM

So I'm the only one that legit wanted the Empire State Building TF from Big?  I legit asked my parents for it for Christmas one year... (and I adore me some odd ball TFs like the ones that are gadgets, watches, ipads, etc).

I'm a weirdo though hehe.

#6473 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5964 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

Big came out in 1988, so I probably didn't see it until it hit VHS the following year, and by then I was supposed to be grown out of wanting toys.  I think my last G1 TF was the Powermaster Joyride, which was part of the 88 line.  My younger brother got an extra year or two out of it, but was mostly Micromasters with the occasional larger figure.  But he had also primarily moved on to TMNT, and we both had an NES to get games for.

Didn't really follow the Micromasters, much less the bases.  I was interested in the rocket base when I picked up Galaxy Shuttle in the late 90s while at college.  Never enough to get one, though.  Based on pictures floating around the Internet at the time, I actually though he came with the base.

I did go in on Unicron.