Is this Legit?

DarkNessBear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I recently put up my speakers on EBay. And I got a reply from a girl. The Speakers were priced at 200 bucks.

The girl said this:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Hello there,
I'm impressed with the advert of the item and i will like to make an instant purchased of the item for my husband who is presently one of the organiser of Christ for all Nation in Africa the Ministry of Evangelist Tommy Benny. I will offer you $1,200 USD including the postage via USPS,Global Express Mail .The transaction will goes through Paypal .Reply asap with your email and send paypal email ID ,so that i can go ahead with the payment. As soon as you see your payment you get to end this auction .Feel free to ask me any question about this offer.
I await your Prompt response
PLS TREAT AS URGENT .
Best Regards .

Does she really want to give me 1200 bucks for my speakers? I wrote a nice article saying im in college and need the money to pay for school supplies ect. And ive seen some things where people pay high so they can have the money...

But this seems like bullshit.

Is there a scam regarding paypal? Where you can cancel the payment and then get the item for free?

I smell bs.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Fire']Six words: Hell Yes it is a scam.[/quote]
How do they do the scam?

If its going through paypal... isnt it legit?

Ohhh or is it that thing where they make you send it, and when it sends. You get charged like 5,000 bucks for shipping to some unkown region? Is it that kind of thing?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']How do they do the scam?[/quote]
It's... a long story. But trust us, it's fake. There've been many stories written on the subject. It'd be nice to get $1200, but trust me, you won't.

It's probably the same scam as the one in this story: http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

[quote name='Hex']It's... a long story. But trust us, it's fake. There've been many stories written on the subject. It'd be nice to get $1200, but trust me, you won't.[/quote]
Oh lame.

lol.

Might as well have them send me the money via paypal... cant hurt. lol.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh lame.

lol.

Might as well have them send me the money via paypal... cant hurt. lol.[/quote]

Don't do it. I mean, look at the so-called organisation the woman says her husband is part of. Instant tip-off.

Hows this work? I thought paypal was secure.

Don't do it. I mean, look at the so-called organisation the woman says her husband is part of. Instant tip-off.
All I did was send her the email adress I use for Paypal.

If she can somehow scam me with just that, then ill be amazed.

Ill let you guys know what happens. =P
I wonder if she will continue through with it.

[quote name='DT778']why would she give you 1200? because of your pity story on your auction?[/quote]

My story moved her soul.

And she wants her husband to be moved by it to in Africa.

DUH!! Im that great of a writer.

The words shot onto the screen!
"I am a poor college kid and need the money so im selling mai speakers lol!"

BEAUTY!

Im so playing along with this though to see where the scam is at.

Im waiting for the email saying.
"Hey! I cant send that much money at once, so you'll have to give me 300 dollars first, and then ill send you 1500."

=P

the other thing about PP is that if she's not a verified buyer then she's only giving you credit, nothing of actual value. It may turn out the amount she pays you matches up, you send, then you get a notice from Paypal a day later that says the money will not be accredited to your account because this a fucked up scam.

seriously think about it!!!
WT fuck does some bitch need $200 speakers for. not to be sexist, but seems like something a stupid fucker who lives in his parents basement could pull over on you because he's a hackzors! he speaks l33t, or wutever he tells himself is the justification for fucking over someone in your position.

sorry to rant, but i got screwed like this once and i'd to see it happen again.

EDIT: oh, and try not to give yourself that much credit. think about it, when have you ever been moved by something written in a transaction. "i'm so sorry i couldn't ship the item, my parents died with it in their car while driving me to sunday school. i was miraculously unharmed. anyhow, i know u feel bad for me so i'll keep the money as a good deed on your part."

[quote name='DT778']lol. post her response when you get it.[/quote]
Oh yea I will. I have a feeling she wont respond.

But if, and only IF she does send me the money in paypal. Is there a chance it could be fake or temporary? If I get any money via paypal im sending it right away to my bank account and then deleting my Ebay account. lol.

the other thing about PP is that if she's not a verified buyer then she's only giving you credit, nothing of actual value. It may turn out the amount she pays you matches up, you send, then you get a notice from Paypal a day later that says the money will not be accredited to your account because this a fucked up scam.

seriously think about it!!!
WT fuck does some bitch need $200 speakers for. not to be sexist, but seems like something a stupid fucker who lives in his parents basement could pull over on you because he's a hackzors! he speaks l33t, or wutever he tells himself is the justification for fucking over someone in your position.

sorry to rant, but i got screwed like this once and i'd to see it happen again.

Why would some dude want my shitty ass speakers?

And he has alot of good feedback.

But, ill see what happens. I gave her my Paypal account name. Ill wait for any money going in there, and then quickly transfer it to my bank account. And then run! And see if it eventually cancels.

What can I a scam is this? What a retarded question. It's a scam. Plain and simple. There is five thousand different scams out there. They could make it so that they trick you when you log into your Paypal account and send the info to them, send you a trojan, etc. There are heaps and heaps of ways.

[quote name='Fire']What can I a scam is this? What a retarded question. It's a scam. Plain and simple. There is five thousand different scams out there. They could make it so that they trick you when you log into your Paypal account and send the info to them, send you a trojan, etc. There are heaps and heaps of ways.[/quote]
If they can scam just by knowing a Paypal account address... then why the hell would they need to go through the trouble in asking? They could just go randomly steal accounts.

And all I have is 10 dollars in my paypal account, lol.

Anytime it's too good to be true, it's always a scam. I too have been scam, but I won't go into it as I'm embarrassed that I fell for it so easily.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']If they can scam just by knowing a Paypal account address... then why the hell would they need to go through the trouble in asking? They could just go randomly steal accounts.

And all I have is 10 dollars in my paypal account, lol.[/QUOTE]

She'll pay via PayPal *with a stolen credit card*. You think you receive the payment and ship the speakers. She gets the speakers. PayPal freezes the money because it was paid via a stolen credit card.

In the end, you're out speakers and shes laughing hysterically.

Thats one of the scams that the person can pull. Just ignore the offer and continue the auction.

[quote name='spidey']She'll pay via PayPal *with a stolen credit card*. You think you receive the payment and ship the speakers. She gets the speakers. PayPal freezes the money because it was paid via a stolen credit card.

In the end, you're out speakers and shes laughing hysterically.

Thats one of the scams that the person can pull. Just ignore the offer and continue the auction.[/quote]

True that.

Noone is going to buy my speakers anyways.

Hey guys she responded! Lol.

"
Dear darknessbear,

This email confirms that you have received an eBay Instant Payment of
USD $1,200.00 from thevieiras1([email protected]).

Payment Details

Purchased From: [email protected]
Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal 190039891974 Sony 5.1 Surround Sound System (5 Disc DVD Player) 1 USD $1,200.00

USD $1,200.00

Shipping & Handling via USPS to 20001
(includes any seller handling fees)
-- Shipping Insurance(optional): --
greyline.gif
Total: USD $1,200.00

Note:
pixel.gif

Please send the tracking number of the shipment to paypal as soon as you ship the item.

Shipping Information
pixel.gif
Address:
pixel.gif
Engr Asanke Tunde
#8,Elesun St,Oluyole Estate,
Ring-Road,Ibadan ,
Oyo-State 20001,
Nigeria .

pixel.gif
Address Status:
pixel.gif
Confirmed
pixel.gif

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

PayPal Email ID PP753"

Thats weird because it doesnt show I have the money in my Paypal account. Lol.

She faked a paypal receipt... hahaha.

Why does this person want my shitty ass speakers so bad?

Dear darknessbear,

This message is originated from paypal company.We have received an order from Smith Jay([email protected]) regarding the payment made to your paypal account. The payment has been successfully made but due to security reason we have to receive the shipment tracking number before the next 24 hours for the processing of your order. This a new measure we are taking to protect both our sellers and buyers against fraudulent customers.Once you have shipped the item, send us the shipment tracking number for verification and after the shipment has been verified your account will be credited instantly.

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account untill the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail :
[email protected]

**PLEASE NOTE**
Once tracking number has be sent to us and shipment has been verified, You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPal® informing you that the Money has been credited.
Note: eBay and Paypal will be responsilbe for the item loss or damage once we recieve the tracking number
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
paypal_verified.gif

Lol.

... If you do through with this, I hope to god you lose the damn speakers. You'd be shipping it to NIGERIA. :roll:

[quote name='whoknows']Send something special to the person :D[/quote]

Haha.

Seriously. I heard of those scams though were they made it backfire...

Hmm, ill just see what happens.

You would think dealing with this much money and on Paypal. That they would give me a notification IN PAYpal. Not just an email, lol.

I would expect something like

1200 pending

[quote name='Diiz']Yeah I've always been curious as to the details of scams like this. They just forge a PayPal email? Weak.[/quote]
I thought it would be more in depth than that....

Lol.

Well, I sent a email to the guy saying "Hey I got the payment. But it isnt showing up on my Paypal account, weird. Does it just send an email? Oh well, when should I send my speakers ? Should I wait for it to show up on paypal?"

Ill see what he says.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Haha.

Seriously. I heard of those scams though were they made it backfire...

Hmm, ill just see what happens.

You would think dealing with this much money and on Paypal. That they would give me a notification IN PAYpal. Not just an email, lol.

I would expect something like

1200 pending[/quote]

... Because it's a scam.

Woohoo! IT IS REAL!

Dear Luke Sparkz,
Thanks for contacting PayPal Customer Service,we so glad to received the shipment tracking number from you.But Please could send the scan copy receipt to us for verification that shipment is done.
An also we need the link that has been trace the shipment and when it's done, we can update your account creited immediate effect.We are very sorry for the inconveniences this may cause.Please bear with us, this new measure is taken to secure our client's interest against lost of item or non payment eBayers.

Thanks for using PayPal Customer Service.

I never spelled my name with a Z before! But I guess it must be legit! That isnt even my first name.

"WE SO GLAD!"

Thats my new quote!

And whats creited?

All I did was reply to the email with a random number. "88282522" lol.
Ill send him my receipt:
http://www.forumspile.com/Die-Go_try_this.jpg

[quote name='help1']He realizes that, and is fucking around with the scammer.[/quote]

Right, well I'm done trying to advise the OP on a smart decision. Good luck, Bear, don't waste too much time on this crap.

[quote name='Hex']Right, well I'm done trying to advise the OP on a smart decision. Good luck, Bear, don't waste too much time on this crap.[/quote]
Meh I have nothing better to do.

And hes the first person to show interest in my item... even if he wants it for free, it still means something to me, ok!?!

[quote name='JimmieMac']Come to think of it I'll shit in a box and send it.[/quote]

Lol.

But I dont know how much shipping would be to Nigeria.

I figured it would either be a fake PayPal payment confirmation e-mail or they'd pay with a stolen CC or PP account.

Some obviously fall for this or they wouldn't bother doing it. In some ways it's a slick move to follow up with a fake PP reply that you need to supply a tracking # and then the money will be put in your account as an additional safety measure. Of course their grammar is so pathetic, it has to hurt their success rate.

Tell her that PayPal account got shut down before the payment hit so you'll need her to resend payment to [email protected]. Or you could reply that you called PayPal and they told you a legit payment will always show in your account's history, which this one does not so you are confused, 'Please let's work this problem out!' Or you could just forget about it and ignore any future e-mails. Might be the smartest play. I imagine there'll be some insisting, begging, or possibly insulting on their end as to why you haven't shipped yet when they have paid you.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Lol.

But I dont know how much shipping would be to Nigeria.[/quote]

Money is no object when you're talking about sending some foreigner a box of feces.

[quote name='wubb']I figured it would either be a fake PayPal payment confirmation e-mail or they'd pay with a stolen CC or PP account.

Some obviously fall for this or they wouldn't bother doing it. In some ways it's a slick move to follow up with a fake PP reply that you need to supply a tracking # and then the money will be put in your account as an additional safety measure. Of course their grammar is so pathetic, it has to hurt their success rate.

Tell her that PayPal account got shut down before the payment hit so you'll need her to resend payment to [email protected]. Or you could reply that you called PayPal and they told you a legit payment will always show in your account's history, which this one does not so you are confused, 'Please let's work this problem out!' Or you could just forget about it and ignore any future e-mails. Might be the smartest play. I imagine there'll be some insisting, begging, or possibly insulting on their end as to why you haven't shipped yet when they have paid you.[/quote]

One guy had DoS attacks/virus emails sent to the website where he told his scam story. :lol:

[quote name='Hex']One guy had DoS attacks/virus emails sent to the website where he told his scam story. :lol:[/QUOTE]

PPPPPPPower Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope you were not replying to the emails thru the emails, if so your ebay and paypal accounts have probably been stolen. Also once they get into your account they will have all the info associated with it including bank account numbers, cc numbers etc. This is why ebay and paypal remind you all the time to report suspicious emails to them immediately. It will cost you allot more than 1200 if your identiity is stolen. good luck.

i just read the article on P-P-P-P-Power Book....hilarious....genius...i wonder what really happened to jeff.....well the OP should do something like this....its hilarious...

bread's done
Back