True Crime Streets of LA (GC) $16.99!!!

insano

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I apologize now if this has been posted.

Go down to Circuit City and see if they have True Crime for GC and if so take it to Customer Service desk and ask them if they price match websites. Of course they'll say "Yes" and you tell them Target has it for $19.99 and they will look it up, take 10% off making the grand total to $16.99. BaDa BiNg BaDa BoOm! You're one happy GC cheapass gamer!

do you mean 15% off?

if Circuit City took 10% off $20, the price would be $18. if they took off 15% from the PM, it would be $17.

your right, but i have the reciept to prove it. there policy is they'll give you 110% if you find a cheaper price if you bought something from them and later found it for cheaper. So they'll give you 10% off the cheapest price from other competitors, but for some miracle it came to $16.99 and with tax it came to $18.01 total! im curious to see if it rings up this way for anyone else. let me know if this deal works for you. worse case senario you wind up paying 17.99 with tax...still a cheap ass deal!

[quote name='insano']your right, but i have the reciept to prove it. there policy is they'll give you 110% if you find a cheaper price if you bought something from them and later found it for cheaper. So they'll give you 10% off the cheapest price from other competitors, but for some miracle it came to $16.99 and with tax it came to $18.01 total! im curious to see if it rings up this way for anyone else. let me know if this deal works for you. worse case senario you wind up paying 17.99 with tax...still a cheap ass deal![/quote]

definitely!

thanks for pointing it out, I'll give it a shot :)

oh yeah, check out Dead Or Alive 2 for the PS 2 on walmart.com, it's ~$17.50 or so. if your CC has this in stock, PM it for a great deal! :)

insano (or anyone else who knows)...

does CC require a game to be in stock at the PM retailer to do the PM? I'd hate to get all the way to CC and have them say the game needs to be in stock online to do the PM.

im not sure if it has to be in stock or not, the two time's ive done that at circuit city the item was in stock at the website. as far as i know its still in stock, so hurry now to CC!!!!!

Don't you guys understand CC's price-match policy? The extra 10% you get is on the difference between CC's price and the competitor's price, not the lower price. So insano's $17 purchase was not a cashier's error, and it is not 15%.

[quote name='video_gamer324']Don't you guys understand CC's price-match policy? The extra 10% you get is on the difference between CC's price and the competitor's price, not the lower price. So insano's $17 purchase was not a cashier's error, and it is not 15%.[/quote]

no, I don't. I've never used CC's price-matching policy, as I just started seriously purchasing videogames late last year, and I have yet to try it. I appreciate the explanation, but that's no reason for condescending remarks.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='video_gamer324']Don't you guys understand CC's price-match policy? The extra 10% you get is on the difference between CC's price and the competitor's price, not the lower price. So insano's $17 purchase was not a cashier's error, and it is not 15%.[/quote]

no, I don't. I've never used CC's price-matching policy, as I just started seriously purchasing videogames late last year, and I have yet to try it. I appreciate the explanation, but that's no reason for condescending remarks.[/quote]
are you blonde

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='video_gamer324']Don't you guys understand CC's price-match policy? The extra 10% you get is on the difference between CC's price and the competitor's price, not the lower price. So insano's $17 purchase was not a cashier's error, and it is not 15%.[/quote]

no, I don't. I've never used CC's price-matching policy, as I just started seriously purchasing videogames late last year, and I have yet to try it. I appreciate the explanation, but that's no reason for condescending remarks.[/quote]
are you blonde[/quote]

CheapyD, would you please raise the age requirement for membership on this forum?

I always hear people SAY they do it, but i've never, ever had a store agree to match a competitor's web price. In fact, a lot of stores don't even match their OWN chain's web prices. At least in the NYC area....EB, Gamestop, Kmart, CC, all won't even match their own website.

Local Ebgames prices is the same as Ebgames.com ;)

If the item you find at ebgames.com is very cheap & Sold OUT is mean the price at the local ebgames is REgular price.

Bestbuy, Kmart, Walmart, Target never match the own price ........is $uck!!

since when does circuit city price match websites? i'm just asking 'cause i used to work customer service there, and we turned people away for websites and ads for other stores that weren't within a certain distance every single time. and if its out of stock on your website, you're also out of luck, because it has to be in stock at the other store for a pricematch to go through anyway.

My CC has always price matched websites provided that the website has a B&M store nearby.

Target's website shows that True Crimes in out of stock, so you likely won't get CC to price match it now.

well it seems like there is quite a dispute about CC price matching, i assure they do it, and yes the item has to be in stock ( i called them). and to the person who says he worked there---you must have been just like the guy i talked to first when i went into CC, cause he told me they don't PM and that's when i told him i wanna talk to the manager. after that the manager handled his incompitence and gave me the deal i came in for. $16.99!!!!

Tried it this morning, no luck.

After this, and the clearance sale experience, I want to officially conclude that all Target employees must be screened for stupidity before they're hired on.

I walked up to the customer service desk and asked, "Will you guys price match Target's website?"

To which the woman responed, and I shit you not, "What's a website?"

After breifly explaining the inner workings of the world's inter-connected computer communication system, she said "no, I don't think we can do that..."

To me it's no wonder they did so poorly last year.

Target Employees really Clueless about anything (So) don't bother to Try! :)

If you got Rain Check..... is WORKOUT like GOLD all the times ;)

Pickup Prince of Persia w/ Splinter cell bundle for $16.88 plus taxes (Used Yu Yu Hakusho RAIN CHECK)

[quote name='defender']Maybe she was being sarcastic?[/quote]

Man, I hope so. But if she was, it was hidden behind a stong expression of confusion on her face.

bread's done
Back