Best Buy: PSP Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins 29.99, Splinter Cell 19.99

blandstalker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Went to Best Buy for Clubhouse Games (see this thread ) and saw that Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins dropped to 29.99, which I know is a drop, and Splinter Cell Essentials was 19.99, which I hadn't recalled seeing at that price before.

These prices are reflected on bestbuy.com

Thanks for the info!

A bit OT, but I've heard some bad things about Splinter Cell Essentials. Anyone have any on-hand experience with it?

[quote name='xbox_mole']Thanks for the info!

A bit OT, but I've heard some bad things about Splinter Cell Essentials. Anyone have any on-hand experience with it?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty good for what it is. Of course, you don't get the nice dual analog control, so you have to press a button to control the camera. But the gfx is pretty nice and not a bad SC game.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']And will drop further... gamers just don't like hard games these days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard about this game... it has a nice look to it but is a total bitch to play. I'm sort of bummed because I did like the original Ghosts & Goblins. I'll get it when it hits $9.99.

[quote name='DomLando']Nice. Might wait for Ghost 'n' Goblins to drop to $19.99.[/QUOTE]
I'll probably wait for it to drop to $19.99 too, or if I get some BestBuy Reward Zone Coupons.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']And will drop further... gamers just don't like hard games these days.[/QUOTE]Yet another awesome PSP game overlooked by everybody :cry:

i have UGnG. its insanely hard. i beat super ghouls n ghosts. i had to beat it in one play through which i have to beat it twice.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The only problem I have with the game dropping quick is that Capcom may stop bringing games to PSP, which I never want to see happen. :([/quote]

Just make sure you buy Power Stone Collection.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The only problem I have with the game dropping quick is that Capcom may stop bringing games to PSP, which I never want to see happen. :([/QUOTE]

Capcom supports all systems... they've never once dropped support for a system. Hell, they supported the Saturn and Dreamcast until the very end.

God the PSP seems to be dying... Is there anything coming out besides Metal Gear and maybe Killzone that might get people to buy some systems and get this thing turned around?

[quote name='javeryh']God the PSP seems to be dying... Is there anything coming out besides Metal Gear and maybe Killzone that might get people to buy some systems and get this thing turned around?[/QUOTE]
Vice City Stories?

I'll probably rent both of those, but no way would I buy Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins. I have NEVER liked hard/cheap games, and I've NEVER played a game that was ruined by being too easy.

I enjoyed the Genesis version back in the day-which was the only playable version IMO. The SNES one was way harder, and this is supposed to be way harder than that. No thanks.

Probably would have gotten Splinter Cell, if not for the terrible reviews (plus from my experience, Ubisoft's Playstation Portable games are awful).

Can't wait for Powerstone Collection! I LOVED that game. IMO the best 3D fighting game. Capcom invented a whole new genre, and nailed it like they nailed Street Fighter 2. Just awesome gameplay.

[quote name='javeryh']God the PSP seems to be dying... Is there anything coming out besides Metal Gear and maybe Killzone that might get people to buy some systems and get this thing turned around?[/QUOTE]

I think we might be able to download PS1 games in the future... right? I thought I read that somewhere.

[quote name='Puppy']Yeah, it's supposedly coming, although we'll have to wait and see how fair the DRM is.[/quote]

yeah, I'm sure some nerd somewhere will crack it and there will be PS1 games available for free. When I stop and think about it, there aren't really any PS1 games I'd pay for unless they were REALLY cheap (like $5 or less). SotN, FFVII and VIII, Einhander, Parappa, MGS and maybe RE1 and RE2 are the only ones off the top of my head that I'd consider buying. I'm not really into RPGs though so that kills a lot of the original PS1 games out there. The rest of the greats like Madden, THPS, Tekken, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, etc. keep getting updates making a rerelease on the PSP kind of pointless...

[quote name='javeryh']God the PSP seems to be dying... Is there anything coming out besides Metal Gear and maybe Killzone that might get people to buy some systems and get this thing turned around?[/quote]

They could start by not pricing games at 39.99. I wanted Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins and Loco Roco when they were released, but $40 was just out of consideration for me.

I can at least talk myself into $25 :lol:

[quote name='javeryh']yeah, I'm sure some nerd somewhere will crack it and there will be PS1 games available for free. When I stop and think about it, there aren't really any PS1 games I'd pay for unless they were REALLY cheap (like $5 or less). SotN, FFVII and VIII, Einhander, Parappa, MGS and maybe RE1 and RE2 are the only ones off the top of my head that I'd consider buying. I'm not really into RPGs though so that kills a lot of the original PS1 games out there. The rest of the greats like Madden, THPS, Tekken, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, etc. keep getting updates making a rerelease on the PSP kind of pointless...[/QUOTE]

I've recently played Ridge Racer, RE1/RE2, Tekken, MGS on my LCD HDTV. Those games look pretty bad. But considering it will be on a smaller screen, it will look GREAT ! Can't wait til they port FF7

Why do those games look bad? Just because you can see the flaws, or is it something else about LCD and/or HD TVs? (I'm thinking of getting a Sony LCD HD TV soon, but mostly I'll be playing SD content on it, so that's why I'm asking).

Here's my take on UGnG from an owner and a longtime fan of the series.

1. The game is/was too expensive at $39.99 (I picked mine up for $33 new at a local mom n pop) - 1

2. Graphics and Sound are great! +1

3. Game is NOT that difficult. There are 3 settings. I put it on easy and as a vet of the series it took me only 3 hours or so to get to the "end". Problem is that they pull a Super Ghouls and Ghosts on you and send you back to the beginning to collect a bunch of a certain item. It is a collect-a-thon at this point and while not hard it is backtracking through existing levels which is not very fun - 1

4. Not a lot of content. The levels themselves are short. The short playtime to get to the "end" above is not because it was super easy, but because there aren't that many levels and many of them are really short. - 1

There may be a whole lot more to the game once you collect these items but I doubt it. If it follows the rest of the series there will only be a couple boss battles after that. Again, I'm not disappointed it was too easy, just that it was very short even for a 2D-ish game.

My reccomendation is to wait for $19.99. Fans of the series like me should pick it up. It's beautiful tribute to the gameplay that made the series great, Non-fans should probably steer clear to avoid frustration.

My 2 cents.

bread's done
Back