CAGcast #48: GhandiD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
This week's show features Wombat's noobish World of Warcraft experiences and his visit to the Digital Life Expo. You'll also hear about CheapyD's latest wasteful Robocop purchase, as well as industry news, new releases, and your questions from the CAGbag.

Once AGAIN, I forgot to draw a contest winner and mention how to enter this week's contest. Just post a comment and you will be entered. We will do a super drawing during the 50th episode..

Download - 78 minutes, 36MB
(If you haven't yet done so, PLEASE review us by clicking here!)
RSS feed - Add to Google - Add to My Yahoo
Past CAGcasts

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast48.mp3[/media]

Show Linkage:
Intro music: Jungle King

CAGcast Contest - Prizes: Namco, Nintendo, Phoenix Wright

CAGcast Voicemail! - Leave us a 50th Episode Message
CAGcast Survey

New Releases

Toys R Us pre-orders begin 10/29
TRU B2G1-10/22/06

Gears of War and Guitar Hero 2 $5 Pre-Order shirts
GameTap for $5 a month

PS3 Launch List?
Research Findings Put PS3 Way Ahead
PS3 Has no IR Port or Component Cables.
Capcom squashes Clover, lights out for bright studio
More EA stupidity in BF 2142 game......
G4 is sucked into the blob that is the E! Networks
Purchasing Cheats on Tiger Woods 360
September Top Sellers

Outro: Activision Ice Hockey - Atari 2600

Bonus Video!
CheapyD's Robocop Gun
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5p9mIgTmg[/media]

Good photo

[quote name='ramatut4001']Downloading now, I'll listen after Howard.[/quote]Just signed up for Sirius internet radio yesterday ;)

Pretty good show.

That PS3 launch list should be accurate, as I got a similar one when I waited in line to preorder a Wii. I posted the list in the Wii forum.

In reference to the World of Warcraft comments. The time of day you play the game, is the actual time IN the game, so it's always sunny if you are playing during the day, and nice and spooky at night.

Bring back they Thurs/Friday shows. These shows are good however it all feels like old news now when I hear it a week after it happens. Have not had a chance to listen to this one yet however just felt the need to share that

Can not download from iTunes.....

There was a problem downloading "CAGcast #48: GhandiD". An unknown error occurred (406).

I can't believe there's not more outrage regarding the purchasing of cheat codes for Tiger Woods. It's not that I'm completely anti-cheating, but remember back in the day, like up until a month ago, when cheat codes were....free?

[quote name='Jakhamma']I can't believe there's not more outrage regarding the purchasing of cheat codes for Tiger Woods. It's not that I'm completely anti-cheating, but remember back in the day, like up until a month ago, when cheat codes were....free?[/quote]

I wanted to comment on this too. Sure, it's nice for someone to get the cheats without time by paying, but then what's the point of the game? Without a goal to get the unlockables at the conclusion, you've already gotten everything. Sure, the same could be said for all codes, paid and non, but at least you had to look for them, back in the day. :/

loved this episode of the podcast, just a quick opinion on gears of war...I think the reason that Microsoft is not going to release gears of war is because of the potential turn-off that the demo might bring. The hype for the game is already as high as I have ever seen a game get without a playable demo out, without it being a sequel. if the demo sucks...boy Microsoft would shoot themselves in the foot, because as you said they are putting their eggs all in one basket. I think the game will sell great alone, and if it's great the word of mouth afterwards will sell some consoles on top of that.

what do you think?

Wow, for some reason, I thought today was tuesday and hadn't bothered to check for the new CAGcast until now.

I agree with the poster who mentioned that Wombat has a tendancy to jump into Cheapy's thought mid-sentance which makes for some pretty frustrating listening at times.

Robocop gun destroys all false bbguns.

Great show! As someone who has, so far, managed to avoid the MMORPG bug (partly because I have a life and partly because my computer is too shitty to run them anyway), it was interesting to hear Wombat's impressions. I liked the whole virtual altruism bit.

Cheapy with a gun -- even a BB gun -- scares the Hell out of me. Was I the only one who got tense when he was fiddling with it during the show? He kept assuring us it wasn't loaded, but given his misfires and inability to manage the safety, I was totally waiting to hear him cry out in pain. Which of course would have been Wombat's cue to chide, "You shot your eye out!"

Kinda sucks that Wombat went to Digital Life and didn't get to play the Wii. I'm really looking forward to hearing reactions from you guys when you finally get to play it.

Entertaining show as always. Misc thoughts as I listen:

I did WoW until I got a mount, and since that was my main goal, I ended up letting my sub expire. I might get back into it with Burning Crusade (thanks to the CE pre-order heads up @amazon), though.

Well, I'm definitely waiting for Guitar Hero II for 360 based on Wombat's advice. Online multiplayer and dl'able songs are too cool.

Cheapy, I need that Robocop airsoft--I still think you should start a YMIJ store 'cause I will buy that, customs be damned! Package it with Hello Kitties, I don't care. Mine, gimme gimme.

Good thing you have a western toilet, I can't imagine (well I don't want to imagine, really) shatting in a squat AND playing DS.

I, too will be getting Marvel UA for 360--BB w/M$ Points card for $5 and maybe comic if there's any left in store.

[quote name='gunm']Cheapy, I need that Robocop airsoft--I still think you should start a YMIJ store 'cause I will buy that, customs be damned! Package it with Hello Kitties, I don't care. Mine, gimme gimme.[/QUOTE]

Good luck getting it shipped through the mail. I'm sure your name will wind up on all sorts of interesting lists. :roll:

[quote name='Tybee']Good luck getting it shipped through the mail. I'm sure your name will wind up on all sorts of interesting lists. :roll:[/quote]

They sell airsofts here, maybe I will just try to get one locally.

You also missed my facetiousness. :roll:

cool a new CAGcast. Cheapy how are you going to do the super drawing in the 50th episode? just curious. also cool gun.

Most of the time, I lighly chuckle at your show. This time however, I pretty much shat my pants. The Robocop impressions almost killed me they were so funny. I like how the CAGcasts are more about just games...they're just damn entertaining.

Good CAGcast today guys, much more meat and potatoes and good commentary.

CheapyD do they have any other notable guns other than the RoboCop model (which itself is quite an awesome model).

Wombat good reporting from the Digital Lifestlye show, you sound like you're really hitting your stride after the rough spot a few weeks back.

Great as always.

Buying a PS3 just for CAGCast...If you were still in the states maybe that could be tax deductible business expense. Also, the way you guys always talk about guitar hero makes me want to go and get it.

Edit: your airsoft gun looks a lot scarier than my Ruger 9mm.

Cheapy, Thanks for answering my question, I just ordered Saint's Row from play asia using your link!
Also, that gun is fucking awesome. I've got a real glock 22, but it isn't anywhere near as good looking as the robocop gun :)

they do sell replica airsoft guns round here. maybe its state specific on restrictions.

they have a boat load at my local outdoor sport store. although not of the awesomeness of the robocop one.

Good CAGcast.

I don't agree with not seeing the Tiger Woods thing as a big deal. Cheat codes should be free or not in the game at all.

Plus it gives you an advantage online.

[quote name='zewone']Good CAGcast.

I don't agree with not seeing the Tiger Woods thing as a big deal. Cheat codes should be free or not in the game at all.

Plus it gives you an advantage online.[/quote]

I wasn't aware that these cheats affected online play.
If so, I change my position!

[quote name='CheapyD']I wasn't aware that these cheats affected online play.
If so, I change my position![/quote]

Any chance of finding out where you went to college?

[quote name='CheapyD']Why, did I use "affected" wrong? I thought I got it right.
University of Rochester.[/quote]

I just remember you saying two CAGcasts ago that you went to college in upstate NY...thought maybe it was NEW PALTZ! GO HAWKS! HURRAH!

bread's done
Back