Impossible to find Official MS HD AV Pack

MadFlava

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So after I got my new HDTV, I was pretty excited to hook my Xbox to it and see most of my games in 480p. Well, after driving to about every store in my area, the Official MS made High Definition AV Pack was no where to be found. I tried calling MS to see if I could order one directly from them and they referred me to some dealers which claimed that the HD AV Pack is out of production and will remain to be out of production. I finally, won an auction on Ebay for the cables that cost me $24 shipped.

$12.99 at Best Buy if you can find it in store. It's sold out on their site.

I found mine used at EB for $12 or so. You could probably find one there.

You can find the Mad Catz Universal PS2/Xbox component cables for $15 at a lot of places too if you don't mind a 3rd party cable.

Gamecrazy seems to carry a lot of these used (at least in my area). I think they're around $12 or so and even cheaper if you've got the VIP card.

They were next to impossible to find 2 years ago, but then they redesigned them. I remember going to a Microsoft event in Orlando and talking to the MS guy running the show and he was saying how they didn't even have any. He ended up finding a used one at an EB in Orlando.

I have four used ones, 2 older style ones with the box, and two newer ones with just the cables feel free to make some offers for them.

[quote name='radjago']$12.99 at Best Buy if you can find it in store. It's sold out on their site.

I found mine used at EB for $12 or so. You could probably find one there.

You can find the Mad Catz Universal PS2/Xbox component cables for $15 at a lot of places too if you don't mind a 3rd party cable.[/quote]

That link doesn't work (which is unfortunate)

[quote name='Xevious']Besides Madcatz, what are third party brands are their that makes a equivant of this?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure Pelican, Pscylone, and Monster all made component cables, along with all the generic Xbox component cables you can get on ebay.

[quote name='radjago']I'm pretty sure Pelican, Pscylone, and Monster all made component cables, along with all the generic Xbox component cables you can get on ebay.[/quote]

Well, I picked up the Madcatz one (reluctantly) because I'm am planning on getting a new TV in the future. I'm not fond of Madcatz because I keep breaking their controllers.

I went to a number of stores and Madcatz were the only ones I've seen.

hm...i have an extra MS HD box but not the cables since i am using them for something else...the Newer design cables are supposed to be alot better though and when i found those i switched

bread's done
Back