Xbox 360 Wireless Headset $50 shipped pre-order at Amazon

Damn you Cheapy! You've been killing my wallet here for the past 2 hours! And it's not even November yet!:bomb: But thanks for the heads up, may pick it up.

::EDIT::

fuck, I broke down again. Just spent $125.13 in the past 2 hours.:cold:

Too drunk at 9:20am PST? Wow. Our fearless leader must be leading a Vegas lifestyle. I will emulate his standards Monday when I'm *in* Vegas! :D

Mmm, $10 off and I can make use of the Prime membership. Thanks for the tip! I've been wanting one of these since they were announced :D

[quote name='merkman']Too drunk at 9:20am PST? Wow. Our fearless leader must be leading a Vegas lifestyle. I will emulate his standards Monday when I'm *in* Vegas! :D[/QUOTE]

You do realize that he lives in Japan and that it was the evening (for him) when he posted that, right?

Anyone know the story as far as battery type and maybe an expected battery life? I'm interested, but I'd like to know that before putting in $50 on a headset.

Hmm. I see no real desire for this for $50. I mean the controller itself is wireless, so it's not like you don't have the freedom to move around with the headset on.

Maybe next year at this time it'll be cheaper.
But I guess it's not a bad deal for someone who is interested ^_^

Wonder how sound quality is on this, as most people think the quality of the headset is already a bit worse than the XBox's because of the wireless factor.

Glad other people are willing to be the guinea pigs. Let us know what you think!

Just payed it with a rebate form my cell phone...hopefully it will get here in time for Gears of War....thanks Cheapy

I'm buying one of these no doubt. I want to know if it needs a reciever on the controller though, and I am really worried about sound quality. The wired one that came with the console was incredibly terrible.

Don't worry guys, I'll be here bitching if it sucks.

[quote name='daphatty']After the Madden headset fiasco I think I will err on the side of caution and not buy another headset.[/QUOTE]
What was wrong with the Madden headset?

[quote name='thunderx85']50 dollar is a lot for a headset. whats retail?[/QUOTE]

I agree. I would at least wait for some reviews on this thing before ordering.

I was hyped for the Gamecon X30 until the reviews for it complained about its low volume.

Just a possible warning. Something on Major Nelson said it wont work till after the next update. Might meen it wont work till after it is released or that the update it coming sooner than expected.

Yeah major nelson said it won't work till the update. Thats good news because theres no way they will wait for too long after this launches to update.

CAGs have gotten to me. I was going to buy this just because , I want a wireless headset. But certain questions do need to be answered.

Batery life?
Sound quality?

Are the two most important IMO.

It will be this price again somewhere again not too long after release. I'll wait for a few reviews before I drop $50 on this.

[quote name='thunderx85']50 dollar is a lot for a headset. whats retail?[/quote]

Logitech wireless one for Xbox started out at about $70 if I remember correctly--and this can also be used with a PC. I'm not getting it right away yet either.

If I didn't already have the Plantronics X30 I'd pick this up eventually, although I'm also curious about the battery life and sound quality.

im buying on blind faith. so far ive been impressed with the overall performance of the official microsoft 360 accessories. just bought the camera, its pretty sweet. the controller is a winner. just wish it woulda launched with a wireless headset.

Best of all, there’s no system-side plug-in, because the wireless headset is designed to “bind” into your Xbox 360’s network with a push of a button, much like the wireless controllers. Also, the headset offers eight hours of battery life, and comes with a wall adapter for recharging.
This may be old news, but at least some speculation/impressions of what it can do before official reviews come out for the product: Source

Well now that we're talking about pennies you could save a few more if you bought from buy.com today and used the $10 off from google checkout. Just a quick FYI :).

[quote name='Ma12kez']Any reviews up yet for this headset?[/quote] everything is controlled on the ear piece. Click on the picture above and you can see the buttons there.

bread's done
Back