Gears of War $50.99 & Splinter Cell Double Agent 53.99 with Coupons. XBOX 360! LOOK!

Ribbercage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Hey what's up everyone. If you remember the coupons you got in your PSM (Playstation Magazine) and OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) about 3 or 4 weeks ago, then you can get some great deals on Gears of War and Splinter Cell DA. One of the Coupons was 15% off Gears of War and 10% any game over 19.99. So you can get any game with that coupon. I used both the coupons at the checkout so you shouldn't have any problems with using multiple coupons. Also Circuit City was giving away FREE Gears of War Faceplates with your reserve. You have to reserve Gears of War with this coupon cause they all expire 10/31/06. Act Fast! Thanks and hope you can enjoy these great deals!

Where exactly is the coupon in PSM? And what month's issue? I got the October PSM in front of me... hope I didn't throw out the November one :whistle2:#

Hey Ribber. I picked up Splinter Cell today at Toys R Us. It's ringing up 49.99 there and I used the %10 off deal or no deal coupon from Sundays paper. I spent like 48.00 after tax. Not too shabby there.

Actually I dont know what PSM it was but I know the OXM had Splinter Cell double Agent on the front. The coupons are Red there are 6 different ones.[quote name='CHOW CHOW']Where exactly is the coupon in PSM? And what month's issue? I got the October PSM in front of me... hope I didn't throw out the November one :whistle2:#[/quote]

Damn 49.99 You can't beat that. Im impressed. The game is awsome I don't know why is not getting Great ratings? I mean like 9.5. [quote name='pimpinc333']Hey Ribber. I picked up Splinter Cell today at Toys R Us. It's ringing up 49.99 there and I used the %10 off deal or no deal coupon from Sundays paper. I spent like 48.00 after tax. Not too shabby there.[/quote]

[quote name='pimpinc333']Hey Ribber. I picked up Splinter Cell today at Toys R Us. It's ringing up 49.99 there and I used the %10 off deal or no deal coupon from Sundays paper. I spent like 48.00 after tax. Not too shabby there.[/quote]

This is the 360 version?

[quote name='Ribbercage']Damn 49.99 You can't beat that. Im impressed. The game is awsome I don't know why is not getting Great ratings? I mean like 9.5.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered for $46 shipped at familyvideo.com. There's a $5 off coupon for them floating around....

[quote name='billyrayearl']This is the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Yea It's Supossed to ring 59.99 but it rings 49.99. The tag its labeled under is Gold Ticket. It's a matter of time before they figure out its a mistake so I would jump on it ASAP.

[quote name='Import']I pre-ordered for $46 shipped at familyvideo.com. There's a $5 off coupon for them floating around....[/quote]

You mean the Xbox version... The 360 version is $57.68 - $5 + $0.99 = $53.67

[quote name='ZildjianKX']You mean the Xbox version... The 360 version is $57.68 - $5 + $0.99 = $53.67[/QUOTE]

No he's talking about the Gears of War deal we got in on. ;)

the coupons are out again in the new OXM. Rainbow Six Vegas on the cover. 15% off the collector edition makes it 60. But the OP said he used two coupons at once? That sounds like a ymmv.

out of curiosity how much does OXM cost? I ask because if it's cheap enough then I'd consider buying it to take advantage of this deal. Thanks in advance.

I just got the coupons and they say valid from 11/01/2006 - 11/31/2006. Yes they said 11/31/2006 eventhough there are only 30 days in November, but that's what it says.

Later,

Alex

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Damn. I want that faceplate. Too bad I already pre-ordered the CE at GS.[/quote]

I cancelled my GS preorder for that very reason with no problems and went to Circuit City and redid my preoder -- with free face plate on reserve and 15% off. I only put $10.00 down so they better give me the %15 or I'll cancel, get my money back, and then re-prepurchase.

Good luck.

Later,

Alex

What I plan on doing is use the buy one of the select games get a $10 giftcard from them coupon then take the 15% off coupon apply it to the collectors ed. to make it 60 bucks then dd the $10 giftcard and walk away with the collectors edition for alittle over 50 bucks.

Quik note the December issue of PSM Has the coupons again aswell. I got it 2 days ago. Sadly there is like no Circuit City in Wisconsin so im pretty much SOL.

[quote name='alexandertyler']I cancelled my GS preorder for that very reason with no problems and went to Circuit City and redid my preoder -- with free face plate on reserve and 15% off. I only put $10.00 down so they better give me the %15 or I'll cancel, get my money back, and then re-prepurchase.

Good luck.

Later,

Alex[/quote]

So you preordered and got the faceplate already? I went in there and put 10 bucks down and asked about the plate and he said he knew nothing about them and that they would probably have them when i picked up the game.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']So you preordered and got the faceplate already? I went in there and put 10 bucks down and asked about the plate and he said he knew nothing about them and that they would probably have them when i picked up the game.[/QUOTE]

He said the faceplate is on reserve, so I'm assuming he won't get it till release. I think I might have to jump on this deal too.

[quote name='bill123']What I plan on doing is use the buy one of the select games get a $10 giftcard from them coupon then take the 15% off coupon apply it to the collectors ed. to make it 60 bucks then dd the $10 giftcard and walk away with the collectors edition for alittle over 50 bucks.[/quote]

Are you going to return the game you get the $10.00 off card for or are you going to keep it?

Good Luck!

Later,

Alex

P.S. You can get Gears of War for $44.99 (http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=256609 -- Apply coupon code "NEWMEM96" when checking out and also $0.99 shipping). I don't know anything about this company but it looks like a pretty sweet deal. Check them out before you order, of course this is the NON-collectors edition. I saw this on CAG and figured it deserves a mention here as well.

hmm this seems pretty darn good but yeah I never heard of 'em...
anyone chime in on 'family video' ?

@ alexandertyler
I planned on buying killzone liberation which I wanted anyway to get the $10 card.
As far as family video there are a coupele by me kind of like a smaller blockbuster or hollywood video. I've had nothing but great service with them. I haven't bought off their site though. But if i choose to not do my plan then I'm going that route and would suggest them for anyone else on the fence.

bill123

I have it on reserve but the minions at CC were totally clueless so I got the assisstant manager to type a note on my prepurchase receipt telling his flying monkeys to give me a free face plate when I pick up the game. By the way, I hear there is a limited edition face plate and a standard face plate so be careful which one you get. I think the standard one is just black with GOW logos and the limited has full color with Marcus Phoenix. Anybody confirm this???

As for family video, if they are good that is one hell of a deal, I haven't seen it anywhere cheaper than that. By the way, is this game region free?

Good luck guys.

Later,

Alex

There's 3 different GOW faceplates. One from E3 which goes for $100+ on eBay, another one that looks very similar to it that you can now buy on EB or Gamestop for $20, and the CC one which has the monster and marcus facing each other (it's on the CC website).

[quote name='OGHowie']There's 3 different GOW faceplates. One from E3 which goes for $100+ on eBay, another one that looks very similar to it that you can now buy on EB or Gamestop for $20, and the CC one which has the monster and marcus facing each other (it's on the CC website).[/quote]

Actually there is 4.

E3 one

GS/EB one

GS/EB one w/skin (FP is solid black w/Red skull and gear logo)

CC pre-order one

I rent from Family Video all the time, great place. I purchased a DVD one time from their site, and it arrived no problems at all. I think the shipping may have been a bit slow, but what can you expect from 99 cent shipping

OGhowie,
I dont see the Gears faceplate on CC's website. Where did you find it?

BTW, I am going to pick up TW07 to score the $10 gift card and use the 15% off GOW, will that be a problem at CC? It states that no two coupons can be used together but the gift card is not technically a coupon, anyone know if this would work?

[quote name='variablesunknown']OGhowie,
I dont see the Gears faceplate on CC's website. Where did you find it?[/QUOTE]

http://circuitcity.shoplocal.com/ci...ge&storeid=2397214&rapid=326181&pagenumber=11

It's in the weekly ad. Click on larger view for a better image. Faceplate is pretty good. I think it's actually better than the one with just Marcus Phoenix.

Debating whether I should get in on this deal since I'm not so sure CC will hold a faceplate for me and I won't be back to the states till Thanksgiving.

[quote name='CKaz']hmm this seems pretty darn good but yeah I never heard of 'em...
anyone chime in on 'family video' ?[/quote] they are legit. its a video rental chain. i don't know if theyre nationwide but there are quit a few in pennsylvania.

Guitarguy,
I tried to reserve a copy of gears yesterday, but the coupons dont activate till 11/1. I asked the girl when they would be getting them in and she told me the 9th. She told me that when I come back to reserve they will take down my contact info and call me when the game is in, which may be earlier than the ninth.

I was really hesitant to "reserve" through CC, but they had a big ol' GoW standee with marcus and dom with a calendar that keeps track of how many days till emergence day and a big invitation to "reserve your copy today!" So it seems like CC is really pushing this on an offical level. I didnt get a chance to ask about the faceplate, but will definately print out that newspaper ad to take in when I put my money down.

If all goes to plan I will only pay a little over $50 for the Limited Edition! The downside was buying OXM to get the coupon but the Rainbow Six Vegas demo was completely worth it. I'll be picking that up the week after gears drops!:)

went into circuit city for a faceplate/preorder with the expires 10/31 coupon. left with nothing. after standing around for fifteen minutes watching 3 people run around in circles... they had determined that none of the people at the store knew anything. I couldn't even preorder the damn thing... sigh. They asked if I wanted to leave my name and number in case an employee who did know anything about anything showed up. I opted not to. guess I'll just go to the store and buy it when it comes out. I hate preordering anyway.

I reserved my copy today for $10. According to the weekly ad
today, the 28th is the last day to reserve and get the faceplate. I asked the service rep at my store and he confirmed that is the case.

However, before I put $10 bucks down I asked him if when I come to pick it up I can use the OXM 15% off coupon (which activates on the 11/1) and he said that was fine. Took down my info and CC is going to call me when they get the game in, which should be between 11/7-11/9.

Looks like CC realized that unless you specifically ask them, it would be hard to reserve the game and use the coupon, as they have such different end/start dates, but then again CC is not known for their accurate coupon dates!

With the 15% coupon and the 10$ gift card from the other coupon the limited edition should come it at just over 50$!

SO HURRY IF YOU WANT THE WICKED FACEPLATE WITH YOUR 15% OFF!:hot:

[quote name='dubbfoolio']nice! are there any other region free first party titles though?[/QUOTE]

Yes, PlayAsia has lots of region free titles confirmed by others. Search the forums and you'll find your answers.

The only thing that I'm not 100% sure of is whether or not the packaging is the same as US-landed packaging.

[quote name='BlackDogJake']Yes, PlayAsia has lots of region free titles confirmed by others. Search the forums and you'll find your answers.

The only thing that I'm not 100% sure of is whether or not the packaging is the same as US-landed packaging.[/quote]

yeah but those are all third party titles right? I think games published by microsoft, such as GOW, usually aren't region free (see PDZ, PGR3, and Kameo)... but thanks anyway for the snide remark! hope it made you feel real good about yourself!

[quote name='dubbfoolio']yeah but those are all third party titles right? I think games published by microsoft, such as GOW, usually aren't region free (see PDZ, PGR3, and Kameo)... but thanks anyway for the snide remark! hope it made you feel real good about yourself![/QUOTE]

No snide remark intended, but now that I look back I can see how a person could take it that way. Sorry. I couldn't remember which titles were and weren't confirmed, and that was why I suggested the search. Again, sorry.

[quote name='BlackDogJake']No snide remark intended, but now that I look back I can see how a person could take it that way. Sorry. I couldn't remember which titles were and weren't confirmed, and that was why I suggested the search. Again, sorry.[/quote]
no worries!! :) Sorry I was snide in my response.

hope this is region free, but my guess is that it won't be.

Tried to use the 15% off Gears coupon from the December OXM today on the regular edition and it would only ring up as a discounted Collector's Edition.
Tried to explain to the clerk the 15% off should apply to both versions but they can only go by what comes up on their registers.

bread's done
Back