Pre-order FFIII NDS for 27.04 shipped with google Checkout in DVDempire.com

Damn, good deal. I'm conflicted because I have about $32 in store credit at gamestop and this was the game I planned to use it on. Paid off every other game this year, conflicted conflicted.

Blargh...that is pretty good. Think this has any chance of dropping to $10 as fast as Dawn of Souls or FFIV:A?

[quote name='SDC']Blargh...that is pretty good. Think this has any chance of dropping to $10 as fast as Dawn of Souls or FFIV:A?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm pretty sure iv wasn't supposed to be "$10", or it was intended as a one shot thing. Either way, I would consider this closer to another "Tactics Advance". How'd the price fluctuate on that one?

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Hm, I wonder if there's any preorder bonus for GS/EB?[/quote]

The one reason I'm hesitent to bite on this deal.

Sounds pretty good, but "standard" shipping is quite slow... Hmm. Any coupon codes to get better / free shipping? I think I'm going to do this preorder here and swap my GS preorder to PoR!

Hey is this a reliable site? I want to get this for a Christmas gift and this would be a good deal. Also does anyone think this will be on sale anywhere opening week?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hey is this a reliable site? I want to get this for a Christmas gift and this would be a good deal. Also does anyone think this will be on sale anywhere opening week?[/quote]DVDEmpire is a very reliable e-tailer. If they weren't always priced above Amazon, I'd order from them more often.

Their website certainly is more organized than Amazon (in terms of games and dvd's).

I thought DVDEmpire ended the couple promotion with Google? Or is this new with $10 off $30 instead of $10 off $20 before?

[quote name='grendel19']DVDEmpire is a very reliable e-tailer. If they weren't always priced above Amazon, I'd order from them more often.

Their website certainly is more organized than Amazon (in terms of games and dvd's).

I thought DVDEmpire ended the couple promotion with Google? Or is this new with $10 off $30 instead of $10 off $20 before?[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I think I'll bite too. I didn't know they had an old 10 off 20 coupon but this one I think is using the general 10 off 30 google checkout promotion.

GRR!! I changed my shipping address and the shipping method defaulted to the $15 one!!! I didn't notice, hit the button, and now I'm trying to cancel my order.. GRRR

Now, if they take a long time and I don't get the discount... it'll be clobberin' time.

[quote name='catapult37']GRR!! I changed my shipping address and the shipping method defaulted to the $15 one!!! I didn't notice, hit the button, and now I'm trying to cancel my order.. GRRR

Now, if they take a long time and I don't get the discount... it'll be clobberin' time.[/QUOTE]

Why not make a new order with google checkout and cancel your old order? You wont be charged for either til it comes out so its a viable option(especially since today is the last day for the coupon from what ive read)

[quote name='Weedy649']Why not make a new order with google checkout and cancel your old order? You wont be charged for either til it comes out so its a viable option(especially since today is the last day for the coupon from what ive read)[/QUOTE]

I was charged by google right after I ordered.

[quote name='Weedy649']Why not make a new order with google checkout and cancel your old order? You wont be charged for either til it comes out so its a viable option(especially since today is the last day for the coupon from what ive read)[/quote]
i'm considering that. it hasn't charged my card yet, but i am having a very hard time getting off hold with dvd empire. I'd rather bite the bullet on the $40 than end up with 2 copies...

edit: finally got DVD Empire. they're saying with google checkout, they are not allowed to cancel or modify the order and I have to cancel through google. He kept saying I'd just need to log in to my google account and cancel. There's no way to do that. My only option appears to be to submit a proposal to google that they mediate a solution between us. What a pain.

Can someone explain to me how to do a Google checkout with DVDEmpire?

If I look up Final Fantasy III using just DVD Empire I get a price of 34.99. Can someone offer some advice please?

[quote name='doctordoom1974']Can someone explain to me how to do a Google checkout with DVDEmpire?

If I look up Final Fantasy III using just DVD Empire I get a price of 34.99. Can someone offer some advice please?[/quote]
Once you add the game to your shopping cart and go look at your cart, you can choose checkout with google checkout. It's a button below the normal "check out" button. Just be sure to watch that shipping option before you hit the final purchase button!

Yay! Order cancelled by Google! I hereby give Google Checkout my fullest, most glowing endorsement. Now to claim my FFIII preorder!!

I even got a helpful, personal email from the Google Checkout support. Within 10 minutes. Take that, Paypal!

[quote name='grendel19']Looks like I can't use my DVDEmpire credits if paying through Google checkout. Can anyone else confirm?[/QUOTE]
Most likely no, I couldn't use my buy.com credit through google checkout.

will this deal end tonight? if so, i really need to know asap how long is the standard shipping of dvdempire since i don't want this to 'collide' with the wii and zelda. thx a bunch

Soooo....I did this using Google checkout. Today is the day the game comes out and I want to track my order. dvdempire doesn't even recognize the google login info, so is there no way to track it?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Soooo....I did this using Google checkout. Today is the day the game comes out and I want to track my order. dvdempire doesn't even recognize the google login info, so is there no way to track it?[/quote]

Google keeps this information, not DVD Empire. When you go to google, you should be able to click "My Account" at the top (if you're already logged in to say, gmail). Otherwise I think you should be able to log in at checkout.google.com. Click your purchase history and you'll see your order and status. Mine still says "in progress" -- I'm hoping it'll say "shipped" sometime today...

Speak of the Devil:

Dear DVD Empire Customer,

This email is to inform you that the title Final Fantasy III is delayed by
the manufacture by a few days. Our ETA on receiving this title is
Thursday, the latest Friday. Once we receive this product in stock your
order will be processed, and shipped from our warehouse.

If you have any questions or concerns in regards to this matter please
contact us at [email protected] or 1-888-383-1880.

Best Regards,
DVD Empire Customer Service
www.dvdempire.com
http://www.dvdempire.com/

Yeah I got the email too. Eh, that doesn't bother me. They went ahead and charged my account already though. Oh well, just as long as I get the game some day.

Edit: Nevermind they haven't charged yet, that was a purchase I made for the new Family Guy DVD. Which was also $24.99 + tax. It was the same amount to the penny.

Yeah, google check out charges right away, though you can still cancel trhough it and get a refund. Takes time though, since it's esentially sending an email to the retailer through google.

its on sale at familyvideo.com with $5 off making it $30 shipped. This way you don't have to go through the trouble of google checkout

I'm actually loving the idea of Google Checkout, if it will only include some bigger name stores like Amazon and Overstock. The premise is great. Instead of having 500 different logins and passwords for all of the different websites, you have one universal Google Account to coordinate all your purchases.

i just got an email that the item was delayed by the manufacturer and would take a few extra days to come in.

Since the price changed to 39.99 will i get charged the 27.xx or will i get charged the new price of 39.99????

Anyone have any further updates? I got an email on Tuesday about the delay too, I was just wondering if anyone was lucky enough to see it shipped or anything.

Damn I ordered 10/20... no email notification. Just the one Tuesday about the delay.

This was added to google though

Nov 16 -
Your credit card (MASTERCARD xxx-xxxx) was charged for $27.04. "GOOGLE *DVDEmpire.com" will appear on your credit card statement.

I received emails that my order has shipped (no tracking info) from both DVD Empire and Google Checkout this morning.

I'm still playing through Final Fantasy I & II, so it's not a problem if shipping takes awhile. :)

bread's done
Back