Highest amount you've seen a common guide go for?(Ebay or otherwise)

I also saw an auction for the original Silent Hill guide for for about 80ish almost as soon as the movie came out. The games went skyrocketing for a bit too, but most have since dropped back down I think.

It's insane, because I can remember back when EB took guides in for $1-3 or so and sold them used. I remember selling my Silent Hill 1 guide thinking, this is so common, it won't ever go up in price.

Boy, was I wrong.

I kind of miss the days when EB bought and sold used guides, you could sometimes find some good buys there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's insane, because I can remember back when EB took guides in for $1-3 or so and sold them used. I remember selling my Silent Hill 1 guide thinking, this is so common, it won't ever go up in price.

Boy, was I wrong.

I kind of miss the days when EB bought and sold used guides, you could sometimes find some good buys there.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya man. I picked up a few decent ones through them used

I remember the Disgaea guide being rare, like 10,000 were only printed. And selling for like 50+ like a month after the game's release.

That 'old thread' hasn't been updated or posted to in over a year, LeakyImplant. I'm usually just here to score the info on some deals then go out and try n find them locally.

I figured this was a good topic of conversation, that I hadn't seen a topic ON. Kinda sucks though, that I seem to be the main poster for now. LOL

EDIT: I completely forgot that I found a guide that I've seen go for at LEAST $30ish on Ebay a lil while back at a Salvation Army for $1.06.

The guide: Final Fantasy Anthology, but it has a faded marker mark on the front cover, a piece of the spine is pulled away and some of the sides of the pages look like someone dumped coffee on it. So, I doubt its worth much.

I've also seen the Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow guide go for $25-30ish on Ebay in recent weeks/months.

bread's done
Back