Kingston 2GB SD Card - $19.95 @ Buy.com

Normally it should be in the other deals section... but since you could use this with the Wii, I don't see why it can't be here. I see mem stick pro duo threads here all the time.

Good deal, BTW.

I'm in for one, although I'm not getting it for the Wii, I am getting a Treo phone that uses the SD cards and this is a good deal. I'm going to hold out and see if a better one comes up closer to the Wii launch.

[quote name='SynGamer']I bought this and hope to buy the GBA/NDS Movie Player - SD Version. Once i get a DS Lite (sometime this Christmas...) i will have a movie/mp3 player to go with it :) And all for roughly $50-60.[/quote]Quick question: Would that GBA/NDS Movie Player void the warranty on your DS or mess it up in any way? I'd like to use this thing for MP3 capabilities. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Quick question: Would that GBA/NDS Movie Player void the warranty on your DS or mess it up in any way? I'd like to use this thing for MP3 capabilities. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

No it wouldn't since you're not cracking open the DS. All the setup involves is a passkey device in the DS cart slot and a flash memory device in the GBA cart slot.

[quote name='kinesis8']No it wouldn't since you're not cracking open the DS. All the setup involves is a passkey device in the DS cart slot and a flash memory device in the GBA cart slot.[/quote]Oh sweet! Thanks for the info kinesis. Looks like I'll get one maybe AFTER November. I'm guessing it's that supercard (or whatever you call it) thing that messes it up?

[quote name='SynGamer']I just ordered this for $28.95 with Google Checkout @ buy.com with free shipping. There's a rebate for $9 so total price could end up being $19.95..."Offer valid from 10/15/2006 to 10/28/2006"

Kingston 2GB Secure Digital Card (SD) - SD/2GBKBR

I bought this and hope to buy the GBA/NDS Movie Player - SD Version. Once i get a DS Lite (sometime this Christmas...) i will have a movie/mp3 player to go with it :) And all for roughly $50-60.[/QUOTE]

Just in case you didn't know, they actually have flash memory devices specifically for the DS lite that use microSD instead of the larger SD memory. I have the M3 lite and love the fact that there isn't anything sticking out from the bottom of my DS. In fact, when plugged in, it's completely flush with the rest of the bottom part of the DS.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Quick question: Would that GBA/NDS Movie Player void the warranty on your DS or mess it up in any way? I'd like to use this thing for MP3 capabilities. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Not if you forego flashing your DS (which would require you to remove the warranty sticker) and opt to use a Passcard instead. Those usually go for $20, but most of the time you can find bundles with whatever device you'd like to buy.

-------------------------------
Disregard that. Whatever I said applies to M3/G6/Flashcarts (which also have the abilities of the movie player). I have no idea if the movie player in the OP is the same or different.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Oh sweet! Thanks for the info kinesis. Looks like I'll get one maybe AFTER November. I'm guessing it's that supercard (or whatever you call it) thing that messes it up?[/QUOTE]

Supercard/Passcard/Passkey are all essentially the same device with the same purpose, which is to trick the DS into allowing you to run homebrew, play music/movies, and other things Nintendo doesn't want you to do. ;-)

If you want to avoid getting a flash memory device for the GBA slot, they actually have new versions now with 512MB of flash memory embedded into the devices mentioned above. Downside, is that you're limited to just 512MB as well as another functionality which I probably shouldn't mention on this website...

[quote name='DomLando']Quick question, I also ordered and did not see the rebate? Was it in the package itself with the card?[/quote]

When you follow the link, look below the picture to find the rebate information.

I've been waiting for a good price on a 2gb. I may just have to buy two. One for my MP3 player and one for the Wii I intend to buy. Seperately, of course.

I love you Google Checkout.

[quote name='Dainbramaged']When you follow the link, look below the picture to find the rebate information.

I've been waiting for a good price on a 2gb. I may just have to buy two. One for my MP3 player and one for the Wii I intend to buy. Seperately, of course.

I love you Google Checkout.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

[quote name='kinesis8']Supercard/Passcard/Passkey are all essentially the same device with the same purpose, which is to trick the DS into allowing you to run homebrew, play music/movies, and other things Nintendo doesn't want you to do. ;-)

If you want to avoid getting a flash memory device for the GBA slot, they actually have new versions now with 512MB of flash memory embedded into the devices mentioned above. Downside, is that you're limited to just 512MB as well as another functionality which I probably shouldn't mention on this website...[/quote] Wait, i was looking over the Movie Player (SD Version) and the Kingston 2GB SD card should work with it. And the Movie Player should just slide into the GBA slot/expansion on the DS [Lite]...shouldnt it? That was my understanding from looking at the pictures and reading the description.

[quote name='SynGamer']Wait, i was looking over the Movie Player (SD Version) and the Kingston 2GB SD card should work with it. And the Movie Player should just slide into the GBA slot/expansion on the DS [Lite]...shouldnt it? That was my understanding from looking at the pictures and reading the description.[/quote]Here's a good video review about the GBA Movie Player (SD Version):

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=E5PayJqtvEo[/media]
Though I'm leaning more towards the M3 Lite now, since it looks like it's does the same exact thing that the Movie Player does. I don't think there needs to be any cracking open the DS either (just like the Movie Player too) so that's a plus. Here's a review for this product also:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yAIqKu5-OjY[/media]

[quote name='Inferno-X']Man, that M3 Lite looks sweet! I may have to research it a bit further.[/quote]Yeah I know. There's a whole wiki community dedicated to it too with frequent updates.

[quote name='SynGamer']Wait, i was looking over the Movie Player (SD Version) and the Kingston 2GB SD card should work with it. And the Movie Player should just slide into the GBA slot/expansion on the DS [Lite]...shouldnt it? That was my understanding from looking at the pictures and reading the description.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it will work. Just make sure you buy the correct version that is compatible with your type of memory. There is a M3 movie player that use SD memory and a much smaller and more expensive (but worth it, IMO) M3 Lite version that uses microSD.

Both have the exact same functionality except the M3 Lite fits PERFECTLY in the GBA slot.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I'm pretty tempted to get the M3. Any suggestions for legitimate places to buy it cheap and bundled with a passme?[/quote]Not sure how reliable this site is, but some of the reviewers have mentioned this site. That's the cheapest I found so far that came bundled with the Passcard 3. I still don't know where to order mine. If anyone else knows of a better site, please post.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Not sure how reliable this site is, but some of the reviewers have mentioned this site. That's the cheapest I found so far that came bundled with the Passcard 3. I still don't know where to order mine. If anyone else knows of a better site, please post.[/QUOTE]

that's where i get my stuff at, too.

Great deal on a card, thanks SynGamer!

The M3 Lite looks great, but so does the DS Extreme. I don't know what to get for my DS....

Supercard seems to make good devices too...I'm very unsure as to which is the best homebrew/multimedia DS solution. The OP is a pretty good deal for a "wii memory card" solution.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Not sure how reliable this site is, but some of the reviewers have mentioned this site. That's the cheapest I found so far that came bundled with the Passcard 3. I still don't know where to order mine. If anyone else knows of a better site, please post.[/quote]
[FONT=verdena,arial] Thanks. $ 106.81 shipped. They get you a little bit with shipping but it doesn't kill it for me. Fry's has some nice deals on miniSD this week too!
[/FONT]

Ok, so the lite is out of the question since the OP is for a regular SD card. But the regular M3...that will work with the DS Lite? It seems a more expensive than the Movie Player is cheaper and provides the same functionality. I'll have to pick up an SD card reader (video said abotu $15)...

[quote name='dubbfoolio'][FONT=verdena,arial] Thanks. $ 106.81 shipped. They get you a little bit with shipping but it doesn't kill it for me. Fry's has some nice deals on miniSD this week too!
[/FONT][/quote]Wow they really do get you on the shipping. Let me know how it goes. I may order from that site as well.

[quote name='Lemmiwinks531']I just order an M3 lite from divineo.com as well. I'll keep everyone posted upon receipt. Also, while looks for mini SD cards I found a decent deal...

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?loc=101&sku=10409848

A 1 GB Mini SD card for $19.95 after mail-in rebate and $10 discount using Google Checkout. Not sure if that is a great price or not, but I ordered one figuring it was cheap enough.[/quote]Cool keep us updated. It's kind of weird how this thread turned into a "M3 Lite Discussion," but I think the link you posted is dead or wrong because it takes me to a page error.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Cool keep us updated. It's kind of weird how this thread turned into a "M3 Lite Discussion," but I think the link you posted is dead or wrong because it takes me to a page error.[/quote]

Now, an M3 will work with the DS Lite right? And the Kingston 2GB SD Card? Not the micro...The M3 seems more expensive than the Movie Player...

[quote name='SynGamer']Now, an M3 will work with the DS Lite right? And the Kingston 2GB SD Card? Not the micro...The M3 seems more expensive than the Movie Player...[/quote]From what I've read and watched so far on YouTube, it seems to work EXACTLY like the Movie Player. Except you need a passcard and a MICRO SD card instead of a regular SD card. Plus it fits perfectly in the DS Lite without anything sticking out. There are some pros and cons, but I guess it's up to you if the extra money is worth it. Just check out some reviews and such here.

[quote name='Ma12kez']From what I've read and watched so far on YouTube, it seems to work EXACTLY like the Movie Player. Except you need a passcard and a MICRO SD card instead of a regular SD card. Plus it fits perfectly in the DS Lite without anything sticking out. There are some pros and cons, but I guess it's up to you if the extra money is worth it. Just check out some reviews and such here.[/quote]
You can get the regular M3 that can use the regular SD card (i believe)...but the price seems like twice that of the Movie Player.

[quote name='SynGamer']You can get the regular M3 that can use the regular SD card (i believe)...but the price seems like twice that of the Movie Player.[/quote]Yeah you can just pick that up then, but whatever looks like the best buy for you. I just thought you were talking about the M3 Lite.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Yeah you can just pick that up then, but whatever looks like the best buy for you. I just thought you were talking about the M3 Lite.[/quote]
Well, i picked up the Kingston 2GB SD card with the Movie Player in mind. I dont need a PassKey or anything i believe, i just need an SD card reading...which is about $10-15 i believe. I'll be sure to post in a month or two, once i get a DS Lite.

[quote name='Dainbramaged']I have a alternative to the SD card reader, kind of. It's still an SD reader, but much smaller.

http://www.simpletech.com/commercial/products/bonzai.html

Alone it's around $10, but can be purchased along with memory for a bit more. I have a couple and the work great, they also double (with the assistance of an SD card) as a flash drive.[/quote]

Nice, so i could put the SD card in there and load files onto it :) Thanks for the link, i think i'll pick this up now :)

[quote name='Ma12kez']Cool keep us updated. It's kind of weird how this thread turned into a "M3 Lite Discussion," but I think the link you posted is dead or wrong because it takes me to a page error.[/quote]
I still haven't pulled the trigger. I'm getting closer though in fear of this company getting Lik-Sanged!

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I still haven't pulled the trigger. I'm getting closer though in fear of this company getting Lik-Sanged![/quote]

I tried to order from that Divineo site with my credit card and all I get is this message:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]One of the address fields is missing, or contains illegal data

this doesn't exactly build up my consumer confidence and now I regret having submitted my CC info at all. I'd say avoid these guys, because even if they are legit their site is janky and there are problems with checkout. I guess I should have just stuck to ebay or whatever. These foreign sites always scare the shit out of me.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, i picked up the Kingston 2GB SD card with the Movie Player in mind. I dont need a PassKey or anything i believe, i just need an SD card reading...which is about $10-15 i believe. I'll be sure to post in a month or two, once i get a DS Lite.[/QUOTE]

You will need a passkey of some sort, unless your dsl is flashed... Thats how mine works, anyways...

bread's done
Back