Elebits with free 3-day shipping and plush toy

Order Elebits for the Nintendo Wii and receive a collectible Elebits plush doll FREE! Your Elebit plush will be one of two breeds sealed in a customized box for you to discover. Which Elebit will you capture and take home with you? Some customers will receive a rare orange elebits doll. Selection is random, no special requests please. The bonus will ship with your order. See stores for details. Offer good while supplies last.

Why hello there eBay.

I preordered this game about a week before I could preorder the Wii. The stuffed toy will most frequently be the plump one, but the red one will be rarer. The plushie boxes will be sealed, so you won't know what you get until you open it. They look like this:

b1cca23ccb1a3ddf.jpg

Edit: From Konami's website, here is the official plushie:

elebits_plush_blue.jpg

Hrm, the free shipping code isn't working for me. The coupon applies and all, but when I'm at the checkout, it says something about not being a Wii or PS3 pre-release, when in fact it is. :(

Hmmm. I preordered this last week from EBgames.com and had to go for the crappy saver shipping. Figures a coupon comes along for faster shipping after I order it.

[quote name='mirthoneist']Hrm, the free shipping code isn't working for me. The coupon applies and all, but when I'm at the checkout, it says something about not being a Wii or PS3 pre-release, when in fact it is. :([/QUOTE]
Oh yeah forgot to add, it says select "USA Ground", they give you 3-day but that's not what you're supposed to select.

I'll edit the OP to specify

i played it at Digital Life in NYC. its not worth the $50. $20 will work. all u do in the kitchen area is to drag the stuff like pots or microwave or stuff from the cabinets out and find the little creatures called elebits i guess. then shoot them. its find and shoot game.

A "Beanie Baby" does not give me the incentive to pay $50 for a game. That privilege goes to the few creations by Miyamoto, Square, Bungie, and Hideo Kojima.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I have never talked to anyone online or in real life who is interested in this game. Is there really someone out there that wants this game?[/quote]

(raises hand)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I have never talked to anyone online or in real life who is interested in this game. Is there really someone out there that wants this game?[/quote]

Um, any game that has Pikimin-like similarities is an instant must buy.

[quote name='trunks982']i played it at Digital Life in NYC. its not worth the $50. $20 will work. all u do in the kitchen area is to drag the stuff like pots or microwave or stuff from the cabinets out and find the little creatures called elebits i guess. then shoot them. its find and shoot game.[/quote]

The videos I've seen of gameplay do indeed seem to be simple. But there are little puzzles along the way, and you have to figure how how to advance and secure Elebits by determining how to make certain objects move and corolate. The gameplay does indeed look shallow, but it has a sort of Katamari Damacy appeal. For example, in Katamari, you start off rolling up tiny things, such as crackers and buttons. As you progress, eventually you can roll up people, houses, and landmasses. Elebits looks likely to provide that same big grin you first got, when you rolled your first house and enjoyed the sound bite pop of each subsequent house sucked into your gummy ball. In Elebits, you start small, opening cabinents and looking inside pots and pans. Eventually, you manipulate a house to look under it for those pesky Elebits. Even if it's not a keeper and will go to eBay after playing, it still looks like fun.

It's probably the game I'm most interested in playing on the Wii...looks like a quirky and fun puzzle game.

bread's done
Back