Yodobashi Camera Akihabara PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 Kiosk Pictures

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I was at Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara this Saturday (10/28) and took a few photos.

I thought it was kind of interesting that PS3 is launching in less than 2 weeks here and the largest electronics store in the world only has this non-playable display:

ps3.jpg

The Nintendo Wii is available December 2nd in Japan. Here is a look at its non-playable display:

wii1.jpg

wii2.jpg

wii3.jpg

The Xbox 360 is sporting a snazzy new Pioneer surround sound set up as well as a few guys from Microsoft Japan handing out Blue Dragon flyers and demoing Lost Planet to potential customers.

Where can I get one of those hot 360 vests?

3601.jpg

3602.jpg

Oh, and here is a bonus picture of a new Super Mario doll, priced at 4,000 yen ($34):

mariodoll.jpg

Is that a book attached to the box of the Wii-mote? Or just that a picture?
And what makes that Mario doll so pricey??? Is it big? Does it talk? Or is it just $34 simply because it's mario?!

Oh and I just woke up so maybe this is why I can't tell: What 360 vest are you talking about??

[quote name='lilboo']Is that a book attached to the box of the Wii-mote? Or just that a picture?
And what makes that Mario doll so pricey??? Is it big? Does it talk? Or is it just $34 simply because it's mario?!

Oh and I just woke up so maybe this is why I can't tell: What 360 vest are you talking about??[/quote]
1. That is a copy of Wii Play, you get it with the purchase of a Wii Remote. (Only in Japan and Europe though.)

2. Probably the size, it looks pretty big. (Edit: Yeah, it's 300 mm.)

3. I don't see any vests either. :whistle2:#

I really don't think importing the wii remote that comes with wii play is a good idea. Seeing how the Wii is region lock and i'm sure wii play is lock for the US ver of the Wii :(

[quote name='soonersfan60']Can Wii Play be used over here? If so, Cheapy would have a great business. :D (I know I would buy one or two or three.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it'd only be a matter of time until Sony put him out of business.

I like that Tickle Me Mario. Better than eBay Me Elmo, anyway.

[quote name='SINNED']For a second I thought Sony was making their own version of Duck Hunt.[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one. Nice PS skills, btw.

That's awesome, thanks for the pics Cheapy. Can't wait to hear about your thoughts in the next CAGcast--that's this week, I hope?

I would love a Nintendo-branded flat screen monitor to match my Wii. I'll wear the 360 vest while I play all the next gen games and stare at my Mario pre-painted PVC.

I Can't wait to get my hands wrapped around my Wii !!!

OOOOOoooo I need to get me one of them Mario's! Cheapy do you know if they will be for sale in the states???

I really wish they came out with that Wii Play here. Also maybe the Nintendo point card here with free controller. I also like the Mario Figure.

Sorry to sound like a grammer nazi but the main page says "The Saturday, I hit up Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara, the largest..."

WTF is "The Saturday"? Is it the new "teh"?

Am I the only one that thinks the Wii looks "boxy?"

Also, doesn't it look like a DVD would fit in the Wii?

[quote name='thorbahn3']Sorry to sound like a grammer nazi but the main page says "The Saturday, I hit up Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara, the largest..."

WTF is "The Saturday"? Is it the new "teh"?[/QUOTE]

Getting a little low on content to write about? :p ikik!

[quote name='daphatty']
Also, doesn't it look like a DVD would fit in the Wii?[/QUOTE]

Umm, I'd hope so, seeing as all the Wii games are on DVDs.

bread's done
Back