SuperMediaStore $5.99 6ft HDMI Cable Free Ship, Perfect for PS3

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
stolen from FW

http://www.supermediastore.com/hdmi-to-hdmi-cable-2-meter.html

$15.99 - $10 Instant Savings = $5.99 Free Shipping

HDMI to HDMI Cable. The newest digital video connection on the market. HDMI supports the same high quality video as DVI, however, it also incorporates digital audio along the same cable. No more dealing with separate digital audio and video cables, just one HDMI cable will do the trick. The HDMI connector is smaller than DVI, so it is ideal for installers and in wall use.

Specifications:

Connectors: HDMI male to HDMI male
Gold Plated for better quality
Broadcast quality digital video, digital audio, and intercomponent control signals all in one compact, high-performance connection
Supports uncompressed audio/video signals
Fully HDCP compliant to Provide highest level of signal quality
Supports multiple audio formats, from stereo to multi-channel sound
Perfect for both high-definition video and standard video formats.
Shielded for maximum protection from RFI and EMI interference
Transfer rate up to 5 Gbps
HDMI:

HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) is a specification that combines video and audio into a single digital interface for use with digital versatile disc (DVD) players, digital television (DTV) players, set-top boxes, and other audiovisual devices. The basis for HDMI is High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) and the core technology of Digital Visual Interface (DVI). HDCP is an Intel specification used to protect digital content transmitted and received by DVI-compliant displays.
HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video plus standard to multi-channel surround-sound audio. HDMI benefits include uncompressed digital video, a bandwidth of up to 5 gigabytes per second, one connector instead of several cables and connectors, and communication between the video source and the DTV. HDMI development is overseen by the HDMI Working Group that includes Sony, Hitachi, Silicon Image, Philips, and Toshiba as members.

I've ordered media from these guys in the past with no problems.

I was looking at DVI cables on monoprice, what is the difference between 24 AWG and 28 AWG? Which one is better?

That wont work on the Ps3 the Ps3 need a special Hdmi cable that plugs into ps3. You wish companies would use standard type of wires on their systems.

[quote name='guyver2077']ive bought from mono price so i know they are reliable.. ive been wondering as well if a cheap hdmi cable would result in slowdown when watching upconverted movies..

i bought a cheap hdmi cable and i notice slowdown when wathing movies in 720p. maybe its my player..who knows

at best buy i swear they are rediculously priced.

this is the one i bought in july

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024004&p_id=2412&seq=1&format=2&style=[/quote]

Nope!!

You are just fine with monoprice cables, as they are of good quality. digital is much different than analog. Basically you have a signal or you don't. It's possible that Monster cables offer a slight advantage, but the mark-up on those cables is RIDICULOUS!!!

[quote name='Bazz']That wont work on the Ps3 the Ps3 need a special Hdmi cable that plugs into ps3. You wish companies would use standard type of wires on their systems.[/quote]

Where did you hear that? first I've heard. From the system screen shots the HDMI plug looks exactly like the one on my TV. Every review and discription calls it Standard HDMI so no idea where you got that from

[quote name='thrustbucket']PS3? Is there really anyone in these forums that plans to buy one at launch to keep?[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to keep mine, but with now only one launch game I am interested in mine might end up on E-Bay also.

[quote name='Dammenion']Where did you hear that? first I've heard. From the system screen shots the HDMI plug looks exactly like the one on my TV. Every review and discription calls it Standard HDMI so no idea where you got that from[/quote]All pictures I've seen don't show it. If you have a picture post it cause I haven't seen a port for it yet.

Yeah the HDMI-Out on the PS3 is separate from their proprietary AV Multi Out that the poster was thinking of.

On a side note, I don't think it's possible for an HDMI cable to cause slowdown in your video.

[quote name='PapiChullo']I was looking at DVI cables on monoprice, what is the difference between 24 AWG and 28 AWG? Which one is better?[/quote]

You'll be fine with the 28AWG cable. The larger gauge cables are only really needed when your dealing with long runs.

[quote name='guyver2077']i bought a cheap hdmi cable and i notice slowdown when wathing movies in 720p. maybe its my player..who knows
[/quote]

The slowdown can be attributed to either the media or player. If these are copies, try using a different brand of media. I normally use Verbatim w/ no playback problems on any of my players (OPPO OPDV971H and Insignia NS-VDVD1). If your looking for another player, the Insignia NS-VDVD1 is the best bang for the buck upscan region free player on the market...about $50. Head on over to http://www.avsforum.com and read the great reviews.

I ordered a 3ft DVI cable from monoprice. I really like their site. Shipped within a day, and they sent me like 3 different confirmation e-mails.

So when I hook up my DVI cable, will I notice a difference in the picture on everything or just on HD movies and things like that?

[quote name='Bazz']That wont work on the Ps3 the Ps3 need a special Hdmi cable that plugs into ps3. You wish companies would use standard type of wires on their systems.[/QUOTE]

actually you're wrong. the PS3 actually has a HDMI port in the back seperate from the propretary connector (which actually is the same connector for the ps2).

now if only Nintendo was that kind =p

I got my HDMI and Optical cables from Monoprice today. I can't test them yet, but they look like they're put together really well from great materials.

[quote name='atomsk']I got my HDMI and Optical cables from Monoprice today. I can't test them yet, but they look like they're put together really well from great materials.[/QUOTE]

Got mine today too, and they look like a high quality cable.

Got mine today, took only 3 days. It looks like a decent cable. Tried it out with my HD-DVR and everything looked good.

bread's done
Back