Official LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Thread !

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
230001brp.jpg

http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=8

http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=9

New vids courtesy of Nintendo! Awesome vids!

About 11 more days til' the game ships! (Set to ship on Nov. 13th)... but that won't mean anything until the 19th. :)

*raises hands in excitement*

I'm 24 and the Zelda franchise is one of the very few franchises(you can count em' on one hand, even if the hand lost a thumb and a pinky) that will make me drop everything to play it.

This one will be more special because I'll be able to play it with my daughter. Can't wait. :)

[quote name='MarkMan']
230001brp.jpg

http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=8

http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=9

New vids courtesy of Nintendo! Awesome vids!

About 11 more days til' the game ships! (Set to ship on Nov. 13th)... but that won't mean anything until the 19th. :)

*raises hands in excitement*

I'm 24 and the Zelda franchise is one of the very few franchises(you can count em' on one hand, even if the hand lost a thumb and a pinky) that will make me drop everything to play it.

This one will be more special because I'll be able to play it with my daughter. Can't wait. :)[/quote] The rating is Teen by the way

You know, watching that intro, I suddenly got a rush of every amazing feeling I had playing Mario 64, the (limited) time playing Ocarina of Time, and the stunning feel of Shadow of the Colossus.

I know it's a Gamecube game (lolZ!!1), and only running in 480p (caveman!!!1), but I daresay the bits I've seen, TP is the single most beautiful game I've ever seen. The scope, the details, the framerate beats out anything the PS2/Cube/Xbox had given us before, and even beats out anything I've seen and/or played on the 360/PS3. Obviously, I need to actually play the game to accurately judge, but everything I've seen screams "amazing."

This is no doubt the red boundries of what the Cube can do; the Wii's just gettin warmed up. :)

[quote name='daroga']You know, watching that intro, I suddenly got a rush of every amazing feeling I had playing Mario 64, the (limited) time playing Ocarina of Time, and the stunning feel of Shadow of the Colossus.

I know it's a Gamecube game (lolZ!!1), and only running in 480p (caveman!!!1), but I daresay the bits I've seen, TP is the single most beautiful game I've ever seen. The scope, the details, the framerate beats out anything the PS2/Cube/Xbox had given us before, and even beats out anything I've seen and/or played on the 360. Obviously, I need to actually play the game to accurately judge, but everything I've seen screams "amazing."

This is no doubt the red boundries of what the Cube can do; the Wii's just gettin warmed up. :)[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. That Zelda video is so, well, inspiring. I can not wait to play this game.

[quote name='guessed']Is this thread really necessary? Are people even interested in this game? ;)[/quote]Doubt it. Hell, I heard it was probably delayed till November of 2007.

Mmmh this game looks so good. I plan on getting this for Christmas... cause it's the only game I want to get for full price lol. Not sure whether to get it for the Gamecube which I currently have...or ... even to buy a Wii.

I've tried to read as little about the game as possible, but is Ganon (Ganondorf) in this game?

Now... I haven't seen ANY spoilers so I can't say this is 100% fact... but, I can pretty much guarantee Ganon/Ganondorf is in this...I mean cmon... of course he'll be there.

[quote name='Spades22']Now... I haven't seen ANY spoilers so I can't say this is 100% fact... but, I can pretty much guarantee Ganon/Ganondorf is in this...I mean cmon... of course he'll be there.[/QUOTE]

I believe Miyamoto said he'd be in there, but wouldn't say anything else besides that.

Anyway, that intro video confirmed what I'd been suspecting for awhile now: this game takes everything great about Zelda and mixes it with everything great about Shadow of the Colossus, making me one happy panda.

[quote name='botticus']Doubt it. Hell, I heard it was probably delayed till November of 2007.[/quote]

I heard they are now only shipping 400,000 units to N. America and 100,000 80,000 units to Japan. Oh wait... never mind. ;)

Those videos are off the fucking hook! Everytime I see this game I don't understand how people can bitch about the Wii's graphics. I think this game is really going to set the tone for the system.

[quote name='guessed']Is this thread really necessary? Are people even interested in this game? ;)[/QUOTE]

I know I'm not. Zelda has never been good and I guarantee that this one will suck.

I cannot fucking wait.

[quote name='jkam']Those videos are off the fucking hook! Everytime I see this game I don't understand how people can bitch about the Wii's graphics. I think this game is really going to set the tone for the system.[/quote]
For real. Some people are hard to please, though. There will always be room to nitpick - and that's what each Negative Nancy on this world lives for, nitpicking and digging for negativity instead of appreciating the positives the world has to offer (like this game's beauty :razz:). All they discuss is how _____ could be better instead of how _____ is awesome as-is. Must be an unpleasant way to experience life.

Anyway, this game is obviously the most photo-realistic Zelda game to date, and at the same time, it fleshes out the fantasy and wonder of the Zelda atmosphere/universe like we've only ever experienced in our imaginations while playing. Looks like it's going to be an incredible title.

1st vid-- is dat sum Shadow of the Colossus?

2nd vid-- THAT'S the stuff that makes you buy a Wii on day 1 :D Link transforming into the wolf was kinda scary and awesome at the same time. I'm getting a miyazaki/princess mononoke vibe from this.

confession-- having missed the N64 and not being particularly taken by OoT, MM, and WW after the fact on the Cube, this looks like the Zelda that'll get me back into Zelda (since the Snes version.)

[quote name='Apossum']
confession-- having missed the N64 and not being particularly taken by OoT, MM, and WW after the fact on the Cube, this looks like the Zelda that'll get me back into Zelda (since the Snes version.)[/quote]Game Boy (Link's Awakening) for me. Never played LttP - just picked it up last summer.

[quote name='botticus']Game Boy (Link's Awakening) for me. Never played LttP - just picked it up last summer.[/QUOTE]

*low five*

Yeah, man. Link's Awakening is still my favorite, with Wind Waker a close second.

Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass both look like they have the potential to take the top spot, however.

[quote name='Tybee']*low five*

Yeah, man. Link's Awakening is still my favorite, with Wind Waker a close second.

Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass both look like they have the potential to take the top spot, however.[/quote]

Yes! Me too! Link's Awakening is my most memorable Zelda adventure.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Yes! Me too! Link's Awakening is my most memorable Zelda adventure.[/quote]

B&W, not the color version. For some reason, I dont like the DX version.

You guys are all wrong. I'm usually one to support differences in opinion, but A Link to the Past is clearly the best one, no matter which way you slice it.

With that said, Link's Awakening is, in fact, the second best one.

I, too, think Twilight Princess has the potential to trump them both, however. Should be good times.

I'm not a fan of the 2d Zeldas no matter how hard I try to get into them, so I would have to go with OoT as my favorite, WW as my second favorite, with MM in third.

WW is the only 3D zelda I enjoyed... the others I never played when they came out and only 0.01% of the games released in previous gens I can actually have the patience and enjoy playing...and Zelda games aren't one of them... so WW is the only one I've really played fully through (OOT I got about 1/3rd of the way) and I loved it =P

Every single Zelda game I've played has been fantastic but I had the most fun with Majora's Mask. I can't wait to get my hands on TP and one day, the legendary CD-i adventures.

I think the most nestalgic zelda is zelda 2, when i see the opening. That was one of my first video games, (after mario) i got that at christmas insted of zelda 1, but i love zelda 1 as well, i think the best game so far is a link to the past, though. I wonder if this game will trump it? we will just have to see.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']True, but I can be fair too. Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3 and Xbox looks hugely disappointing.[/QUOTE]

And the 360 demo sucked ass too.

[quote name='valor19']And the 360 demo sucked ass too.[/QUOTE]
That it did. It was arguably worse in terms of control than Sonic Adventure. And the same glitches that were there in 1998 were here in 2006. Very disappointing.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']True, but I can be fair too. Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3 and Xbox looks hugely disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I have high hopes for the Wii one, though.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I have high hopes for the Wii one, though.[/QUOTE]
As do I. I've heard nothing but praise for it.
Of course, it is on WII... you know, the best next gen system out there. :cool:

So I guess we should be getting lots of Zelda goodies today. The NDA expires at some point (Kotaku is posting impressions at 6pm, not sure if there's a time on the NDA, or if we'll just see stuff sporadically).

[quote name='botticus']Game Boy (Link's Awakening) for me. Never played LttP - just picked it up last summer.[/QUOTE]

You know I never had a SNES (I had a genny back then) until a year ago. I however had my first playthrough of FTTP on my GBA SP and I couldn't believe what I missed out on. When I started playing I was all like oh what's the big deal about this game? Its good but what makes it the BEST Zelda to these people? So as I played I realized why everyone love it so much...it sucks you right in and it seems to get better and better the further you get. So you really should play it.

Truth be told I love every Zelda game released even the black sheep Zelda II. It is actually probably one of my favorites. I liked the art style of WW mainly because back in the day, Dragon's Lair's cartoon graphics were the shit in the arcades. Everyone loved the game but admitted they would like to actually move the character rather than have timed button presses. So as soon as I started playing WW and I went to get my sword back I realized I was playing a fucking cartoon! It brought me back to my youth.

I know OOT was also a gem but I liked what MM did in terms of the 3 day thing...mainly because it was taking a chance doing something like that and made the game unique in its own way.

Funny story about Link's Awakening...I must have played the game about 10 different times without finishing it...wether it was from upgrading to the DX version or someone clearing my save I thought I was destined to never finish it. So last year I decided the time had come to play through it. I prevailed. It was a great game but after bringing a bow to a dog 10 times I'm not sure I'll rush to play it again.

After reading the first 2 pages of 1UPs impressions on TP I'm more excited than ever, but from here on out I'm going no-info on the game. I've not had much, if anything, spoiled for me, and I'm going to keep it that way. I'll check back in this thread on Nov 19 and thereafter. :)

[quote name='daroga']After reading the first 2 pages of 1UPs impressions on TP I'm more excited than ever, but from here on out I'm going no-info on the game. I've not had much, if anything, spoiled for me, and I'm going to keep it that way. I'll check back in this thread on Nov 19 and thereafter. :)[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Yep same... I must admit I was kinda "meh, just another decent game coming out" But now I really want it...

It's amazing what Matt @ IGN said during his 10 hour impression...

Already 10 hours into it and he hasn't even come close to the third temple. He says that the game will last at least 50-70 hours and that is for the hardcore gamer. A Final Fantasy length for a Zelda game. Great news!

[quote name='daroga']After reading the first 2 pages of 1UPs impressions on TP I'm more excited than ever, but from here on out I'm going no-info on the game. I've not had much, if anything, spoiled for me, and I'm going to keep it that way. I'll check back in this thread on Nov 19 and thereafter. :)[/quote]

I'm not even going to check back in after release. I read the first page of IGN's hands-on and skimmed the rest, but didn't get anything spoiled for me. I'm not reading anything else (previews, reviews, discussions, etc.) until I beat the game.

Kotaku essentially called the game lackluster. I wasn't too impressed with their hands-on.

Sure, it's a Gamecube port. From what I understand, the Wii version's major differences are a wider aspect ratio and Wiimote incorporation. Twilight Princess doesn't utilize motion as well as some games built for the Wii from the ground up, which I find to be a disappointment. But I do find myself enjoying playing, and I'm enjoying playing in the way one can only enjoy a Zelda title. Does Twilight Princess need to be on the Wii? Probably not. But the game is a little better for it.

[quote name='lordwow']Kotaku essentially called the game lackluster. I wasn't too impressed with their hands-on.[/QUOTE]

Sure, it's a Gamecube port. From what I understand, the Wii version's major differences are a wider aspect ratio and Wiimote incorporation. Twilight Princess doesn't utilize motion as well as some games built for the Wii from the ground up, which I find to be a disappointment. But I do find myself enjoying playing, and I'm enjoying playing in the way one can only enjoy a Zelda title. Does Twilight Princess need to be on the Wii? Probably not. But the game is a little better for it.

They are kind of contradicting themselves there. It's not good for being on the Wii because its not built from the ground up but its a little better being on the Wii? So if its better than say the gamecube version does it really matter if it was built from the ground up? I personally can't wait.

bread's done
Back