- - - - -

Burger King Video Game Trailers: Sneak King & PocketBike Racer

#61 getmyrunon   shut up and play, fanboy CAGiversary!   955 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

getmyrunon

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:05 AM

Okay, who's the first person going to be that trades these puppies in to EB/GS?

#62 dmes65   God Of Thunder CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:20 AM

I wonder if there gonna have seperate games? 3 for the xbox and 3 for the 360.

#63 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67660 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:49 AM

I wonder if there gonna have seperate games? 3 for the xbox and 3 for the 360.

Both versions on one disc, just like the OXM discs.

#64 A Happy Panda   not as happy as you think CAGiversary!   5983 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

A Happy Panda

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:23 PM

The "Finally, an affordable next-gen game" made me LOL in the Pocketbike Racer trailer.

Does anyone know if they come with achievements???

Wow. The description from Kotaku for Sneak King:

"Only the King can turn an everyday act into an art form and now players can step into the King's royal shoes and use cunning stealth to sneak up behind unsuspecting people and bestow them with a delicious meal. The goal of Sneak King is to surprise hungry citizens with BURGER KING sandwiches and other menu items throughout the day before they pass out from hunger. Whether in a logging yard, construction site, suburban neighborhood or downtown urban scene -- each rich with detail and hidden pathways -- players can hide out and earn points based on how elaborate the delivery is executed."

Laughing very hard right now.

#65 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10513 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

Good thing Gears of War comes out this week. At least it will have SOME time in the spotlight before the Burger King games show up and kick its sorry ass to the curb for the holiday season.

#66 Deefuzz   Comfortably Numb CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:58 PM

Those look friggin hysterical. I will definitely get all 3!

I hope they are in actual DVD cases and not cardboard sleeves.

Also hope all 3 are available on day 1 and not some sort of system where 1 is available week 1, the next game the following week, and so on.

#67 elwood731   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1304 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

elwood731

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:31 PM

Considering they show the titles in the trailers in cases, my guess is that either they will come in cases, or there will be an offer to send-off for the cases.

Regardless, this is some very clever marketing and if it works, I would not be surprised to see McDonald's making Wii games. Can you imagine with their cast of characters? Good move on MS and BK's part.

#68 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:34 PM

Okay, who's the first person going to be that trades these puppies in to EB/GS?

bet you the trade in values will be 1.99

while eb/gs marks them up to 34.99 used

Fuck them

#69 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:44 PM

Shit, I have no idea how to convince the wife we need to eat @BK just to get these fucking games. Maybe I can convince one of my buddies to do it for me.

I can imagine what these will go for on FleaBay...

#70 PyroGamer   Banned Banned   4554 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

PyroGamer

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:00 PM

How in the world will BK make back the money on these @ $4 per?

You're joking, right? That's like asking "how will Target make up for paying to give away these slips of paper with prices and deals on them".

#71 Neverfade   Danger and Excellence CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

Shit, I have no idea how to convince the wife we need to eat @BK just to get these fucking games. Maybe I can convince one of my buddies to do it for me.

Or how about you let those balls drop and just go eat there yourself?

(Don't take offense, I'm just kidding :D)

#72 radjago   Long-time CAG CAGiversary!   4077 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:52 AM

How in the world will BK make back the money on these @ $4 per?

$4 should be enough to cover the costs of pressing, printing, packaging, and distributing the games, but probably not development costs. It's called Advergaming for a reason.

I wonder how good the online play will be and if it will be cross-platform compatible.

#73 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:34 AM

if it's due to her being a veagan/vegetarian then I think if you request a veggie burger at BK, they'll give it to you, even if it's not on the menu.

#74 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:17 AM

if it's due to her being a veagan/vegetarian then I think if you request a veggie burger at BK, they'll give it to you, even if it's not on the menu.

It's probably due to Burger King being fucking disgusting.

If it wasn't for that italian chicken sandwich I'd never go near the place.

#75 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:20 AM

It's probably due to Burger King being fucking disgusting.

If it wasn't for that italian chicken sandwich I'd never go near the place.

where I live it's the other way around... Mcdonalds is the pits while BK tends to have the better quality stuff... probably due to the headquarters being in the same city as me >_<

#76 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:23 AM

where I live it's the other way around... Mcdonalds is the pits while BK tends to have the better quality stuff... probably due to the headquarters being in the same city as me >_<

I'm not even talking about the quality... I'm talking more along the lines of the small portions they give you more than make up about 300% of your daily fat intake.

Those stackers are the worst... the patties aren't even that big but the quad stacker has something like 62 grams of fat. Disgusting.

Like others have said, I hope you can just buy the games outright... I'll just give the food to one of the bums that hangs around there if I *have* to buy something.

#77 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:40 AM

I'm not even talking about the quality... I'm talking more along the lines of the small portions they give you more than make up about 300% of your daily fat intake.

Those stackers are the worst... the patties aren't even that big but the quad stacker has something like 62 grams of fat. Disgusting.

Like others have said, I hope you can just buy the games outright... I'll just give the food to one of the bums that hangs around there if I *have* to buy something.

there's a cheap way around it. You can buy whopper burger patties for about 50 cents sepperatly. I usually buy a 99 cent burger and two patties... load that baby up and get filled like a whore.

#78 thamaster24   Go Bucs! CAGiversary!   1341 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

thamaster24

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:47 AM

Sweet, I'll be getting at least one of these for free, just about the only time having a friend that works a BK has benefits

#79 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67660 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:33 AM

The "Finally, an affordable next-gen game" made me LOL in the Pocketbike Racer trailer.

Does anyone know if they come with achievements???

Yes, they do.

Also hope all 3 are available on day 1 and not some sort of system where 1 is available week 1, the next game the following week, and so on.

All three should be available from day one until they run out or the promotion's over, whichever's first.

#80 modium   No! Not the Crackslam! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:26 AM

Xbox360Achievements.org put up a 4:35 minute gameplay video of Sneak King here: http://www.xbox360ac...eos/sneak01.php It's the first in a series of clips, they say.

#81 toper   "ggggbabybabybaby" CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:19 PM

mmm, some pics:

http://www.destructo...-here#more-7949

Even their instruction manuals have better quality than ea's!

I can't wait.

#82 Oops! I did it again.   The Circus era is HERE! CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Oops! I did it again.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

This is freaking awesome. I'm so glad to see they're Xbox supported too.

Will we only be able to buy one value meal and then buy all three games, or is it a one-game-per-meal type of thing? Or is it a one-game-per-three-weeks type of deal, perhaps...

Or am I asking questions that do not yet have a public answer?

#83 DT778   number 1 on the westside CAGiversary!   10546 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:47 PM

gameplay videos.

sneak king

big bumpin'

pocket racers

the air hockey type game in big bumpin' looks like it would be hella fun on live.