Ign gets their Test Ps3 In, Pics inside.

Bazz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
Check out the pics of the Ps3 system and Box art. More pictures in links.
Full Story Here

Ps3 System Pictures
ps3-test-kit-interrogation-20061103005829987-002.jpg

Box art Pictures
first-ps3-game-case-shots-20061103110111559-001.jpg

Kinda bad that we're two weeks away from launch and they're just getting their systems.

And they don't have it yet.

November 3, 2006 - (Last Updated: November 3, 1:45pm)

We'll be getting our in-office PlayStation 3s today and we're going to talk about it every step of the way. As the day progresses, be sure to drop by to this page often to find all the latest updates regarding what's new, what's hot, and what the PlayStation 3 will offer when it arrives on November 17.

Wow, and that PS2 is no small piece of hardware.

At least it's shinyness is less likely to get ravaged by fingerprints than the PSP/DS Lite.

The size really comes down to do you like the Xbox 360 a Big Ass PowerBrick and the loudest drive ever or a PS3 which is pretty big and makes no noise and no powerbrick.

[quote name='evilmax17']Does it actually say "TEST" or was that Photoshopped in?[/quote]

I noticed that too and thought "why the fuck is Sony putting that on the test kits?" It just looks retarded.

Am I the only one that thinks the PS3 casing looks like cheap plastic? And just imagine how visible the scratches will be on the casing after years of wear and tear.

Why is anything made shiny?

Matte is eons better for....all reasons. Hand prints don't show up, scratches aren't as noticeable, it's easier to keep clean.

This includes the PSP and DS Lite and Ipod and certain cell phones...

When the hell are designers and engineers going to wake the fuck up?

Hey! That PS3 just insulted my mother! [/jumps on bandwagon]

It's funny that it's about the same size as an Xbox. People always made fun of it for being a behemoth. I even remember people saying they didn't get an Xbox just because of the size and the fact that they couldn't stack components on top of it.

[quote name='daroga']Wow, and that PS2 is no small piece of hardware.

At least it's shinyness is less likely to get ravaged by fingerprints than the PSP/DS Lite.[/QUOTE]

Not what I heard. The last On the Spot I watched they talked about how much of a fingerprint magnet the Ps3 is.

That system is so butt ugly, I agree with the plastic statement... but it reminds me of something else...almost like a miniature garbage bag.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Not what I heard. The last On the Spot I watched they talked about how much of a fingerprint magnet the Ps3 is.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure he means since you don't hold the console when you play, like a PSP/DS.

I know that looks don't matter (hey, I still own a silver DS Phat), but those game cases are bargain bin ugly. It looks like those cases are some kind of homebrew project. Actually, if you compare those cases with the GBA/DS case project, those PS3 games look much worse!

Clear plastic cases FTL.

did anyone see the motorstorm final preview?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/743/743898p1.html

Wow. We've just played through the final Japanese version of MotorStorm and we're still shaking from the experience. It's not hangover jitters either, rather the effect of adrenaline coursing through our veins after playing PS3's off-road epic on an eight-foot screen via a high-def projector. To say it looks awesome is an understatement: the earlier builds we've played looked impressive but now it's faster, more detailed and closer to the original E3 tech demo than we ever expected. In short it's the most impressive racing game we've seen in a long time and is a definite must-have come the launch of PlayStation 3.

sounds promising

Just once i would love to come here and read about PS3 news without some fuckbag telling me that its

A. Butt ugly ( really we dont give a fuck spades )
B. Black Laquer finish is sucky ( Glossy black is in right now get over it)
C. OMG its LIKE so huge and UGH
D. Just complaining in general

Seriously its so fucking annoying to come to the PS3 forums and read all these ignorant comments from people. If you dont like the PS3 stay outta the forum, its so simple. I'm not the biggest Wii guy and think its pretty much a gimmick but you know what I HAVEN'T POSTED 1 TIME IN THE WII SECTION TO BASH IT. Why? Because what the fuck good will that do? So go back to your gamefaqs boards and when you grow up you can start posting here.

Wow Cheapy wasn't kidding when he said it was like a George Foreman Grill! Looks like I have to move some stuff around for that to fit in my TV cabinet.

[quote name='Maynard']Just once i would love to come here and read about PS3 news without some fuckbag telling me that its

A. Butt ugly ( really we dont give a fuck spades )
B. Black Laquer finish is sucky ( Glossy black is in right now get over it)
C. OMG its LIKE so huge and UGH
D. Just complaining in general

Seriously its so fucking annoying to come to the PS3 forums and read all these ignorant comments from people. If you dont like the PS3 stay outta the forum, its so simple. I'm not the biggest Wii guy and think its pretty much a gimmick but you know what I HAVEN'T POSTED 1 TIME IN THE WII SECTION TO BASH IT. Why? Because what the fuck good will that do? So go back to your gamefaqs boards and when you grow up you can start posting here.[/QUOTE]

How can someone with Moby in their sig be so angry?

[quote name='Vinny']I wonder how loud it is... say compared to one of the passing gen systems or the 360.[/quote]

Word is 20 Decibles if I remember correctly.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Word is 20 Decibles if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

Impressive... if true. Though I wonder how they hell they're doing it if the system is using 380 watts or whatever.

[quote name='Zoglog']did anyone see the motorstorm final preview?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/743/743898p1.html
Wow. We've just played through the final Japanese version of MotorStorm and we're still shaking from the experience. It's not hangover jitters either, rather the effect of adrenaline coursing through our veins after playing PS3's off-road epic on an eight-foot screen via a high-def projector. To say it looks awesome is an understatement: the earlier builds we've played looked impressive but now it's faster, more detailed and closer to the original E3 tech demo than we ever expected. In short it's the most impressive racing game we've seen in a long time and is a definite must-have come the launch of PlayStation 3.

sounds promising[/quote]
Sounds like a different game than the one I played last weekend.
Amazon Japan has it for $43 shipped (same with Genji and Resistance and lists the release date as 12/8.
What the hell...I'll pre-order it. I can always cancel later, but I want to make sure I get in on the cheap ass price.

I'm still not too crazy about the design overall (I like the PS2 design more), but I'm warming up to it. That is one big console too.

As for the game cases, I'm not surprised they used the Blu-Ray design to set their games and movies apart from the competition. I'm not opposed to smaller cases (I'm assuming the game cases are the same size as the Blu-Ray cases), but I think the whole case should be used for the cover-art. I'm not a fan of the dead space at the top of the cases.

Truth I can care less about how the system looks being I don't walk around with it. To me it's huge , but itsn't ugly. Some of you make it sound like it's made from Tiger Electronics for $20.00. Nothing to me will ever be as plain and ugly as the original xbox. You guys buy system for the games not to look at the system.

That thing is freakin HUGE. It's a good thing I can sell my PS2 when I get a PS3, and that the Wii is small, because there wouldn't be room for it under my TV otherwise!

[quote name='Strell']How can someone with Moby in their sig be so angry?[/quote]

That isn't moby silly its Maynard....:D

and i'm not that mad just sick of the retards posting here about the SUXXORRRRR ps3zor1!11

[quote name='Bazz']The size really comes down to do you like the Xbox 360 a Big Ass PowerBrick and the loudest drive ever or a PS3 which is pretty big and makes no noise and no powerbrick.[/quote]

now I agree on the powerbrick thing but I doubt the PS3's power supplies going to be much if any smaller really. Secondly what on earth did you do to your 360 mines drive is super quiet I can't even hear the thing running , heck my PC's drives are louder o_O.

[quote name='PhoenixT']now I agree on the powerbrick thing but I doubt the PS3's power supplies going to be much if any smaller really. Secondly what on earth did you do to your 360 mines drive is super quiet I can't even hear the thing running , heck my PC's drives are louder o_O.[/QUOTE]
Isn't the PS3's power supply internal?

[quote name='PhoenixT']now I agree on the powerbrick thing but I doubt the PS3's power supplies going to be much if any smaller really. Secondly what on earth did you do to your 360 mines drive is super quiet I can't even hear the thing running , heck my PC's drives are louder o_O.[/quote] I do nothing to it that is just the way it's. maybe it's because I have mine standing up does anyone know if that is the case?

bread's done
Back