Day of the Dead remake *Update

[quote name='Xevious']It doesn't really look too similiar to the original Day of the Dead.[/quote]

Yeah, it looks like it might be happening in the same time as Dawn of the Dead, since it spreads in this version(where the original happened after dawn). Other than they're trying to get to the underground bunker, yeah, it has nothing to do with the original. Although it could be like the Dawn remake, where the writer didn't want to rehash the same story and give it a new spin.

Strange seeing Ving Rhames in another new zombie flick. It looks okay, nothing amazing, but I for one am glad the running zombies are there; I thought it was a really cool element in the Dawn remake.

28 Weeks Later though.. meh. I enjoyed the first one a lot, but did it really need a sequel? The cast from Days was great, but I'm not so sure how this will turn out.

28 Days Later was stupid and the Dawn of The Dead/Land of The Dead was stupid.

Here's hoping these turn out to be decent.

The Day of the Dead remake looks bad ... really, really bad ... "And Now the SCI-FI original movie ..." bad.

The Dawn of the Dead remake(reimaginng) was well done, it was done by people who cared enough about the source material not to blatently rip it off, updating the movie but not updating for the sake of updating.

The Wiki entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Dead_(2007_film)) says that this movie has no connection to the Dawn remake which is a shame. Between the trailer and the Wiki post the movie seems like a really shitty knock off of Resident Evil 2 (the game).

The 28 Weeks Later footage seems interesting but being that it is just a bunch of raw footage it is kind of hard to guage the movie. I do remember that when I saw 28 Days Later in the theater at least half the people in there walked out ... too bloody.

..."Its a bad day to be a Zombie"

DotD looks more like a reimagining than a remake since, as someone pointed out, looks almost nothng like the original. I am, however, glad to see those super-fast, agile zombies make a comeback since they put a nice twist to things.

But Nick Cannon? WTF?

28 Days Later is one of my favorite movies. Two things that the movie did well were human vs human conflict, and leaving the viewer with a sense of extreme loneliness. I really hope the sequel is a good one.

Romero's atmosphere and underlying social commentaries are what made his zombie films amazing.

Remove that stuff and you're fortunate if you have a "pretty good" movie.

[quote name='Xevious']Who is Nick Cannon?[/QUOTE]

*Channels the ghost of Chappelle's Show

"Nick Cannon is hilarious"

"fuck Nick Cannon ... Dave Chappelle!!"

Nick Cannon was the lead in Drumline ... so this movie has Oscar written all over it.

[quote name='Deathmonkey']*Channels the ghost of Chappelle's Show

"Nick Cannon is hilarious"

"fuck Nick Cannon ... Dave Chappelle!!"

Nick Cannon was the lead in Drumline ... so this movie has Oscar written all over it.[/QUOTE]
Is Nick Cannon the idiot on the cover of Drumline? :lol:

posterer9.jpg

Half Time Is Game Time

How exciting :rofl:

[quote name='whoknows']Is Nick Cannon the idiot on the cover of Drumline? :lol:

posterer9.jpg

Half Time Is Game Time

How exciting :rofl:[/quote]
I remember that came out when I was in high school and the school's marching band got psyched about the movie. But everyone else knew that it was pure grade-A crap.

Wow, Day looks atrocious. "It's a bad day to be a zombie." that's that's almost as bad as Mike Epps' line in REA. "I usually drive a cadillac!"

Cannon couldn't quite do it. Mike Epps retains the "token black guy one liner in a zombie movie" title.

Why do they keep remaking these movies? Are they afraid to make sequels now (which most of these horror movie remakes should be called)?
edit. The new Day of the Dead looks more like a prequel.

I was in band and I still thought Drumline is pure crap. On top of it's crappiness, it demeans the bands that are actually artistic because people naturally see it the bands in the movie as a portrayal of all m-bands.

[quote name='David85']Next will be 28 Months later!

28 Years Later will follow![/QUOTE]
:lol:
then 28 Decades Later

Both look good to me, maybe because I haven't any good zombie flicks recently, with the last one being Slither (which is great by the way).

[quote name='CrimGhost']It would of been cool if Day of the Dead was made the way Romero originally wanted it to be made.[/QUOTE]

Right on. These modern hacks are killing the proud lineage of the zombie movie. I could only accept running zombies in 28DL and Nightmare City/City of the Walking Dead because they weren't really dead ("rage virus" in the former; radiation in the latter).

The Dawn of the Dead remake was crap mainly because of the complete ineptitude of the script, but also because of the running zombies which makes absolutely no sense... they're freakin' dead! It's called rigor mortis!

Totally sucks that these horrible remakes get big budgets but Romero's still left scrounging for a deal and forced into ridiculous compromises.

I am a big fan of the original Dawn of the Dead (own the collector's edition), but I really enjoyed the remake of it as well. With the adding of certain elements to the remake, I thought it brought a fresh view to the film that could most definitely stand on its own.

I wouldn't say the DOTD remake was "crap", it was a pretty good zombie flick that can stand on its own two feet, but of course the original is going to be better, it is the foundation for a majority of zombie flicks anyway.

As for Romero, his last film Land of the Dead, really wasn't all that great too me. It couldn't hold a candle to the any of the original films, which is too bad.

[quote name='tangytangerine']OP updated to mention the status of the film. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Thank god, everything I read about this movie screamed horrible and the sooner it's forgotten, the better.

its got nick cannon in it. all i can hope for is a very brutal death scene but as bad as the film looks most of the gore effects will be done with ketchup and shaky cam or some shit. one of these days someone will get the money together and take romeros original day script and do the film right.

I saw this. It was awful.

When Mena Suvari is the best part of your film, you've clearly done something wrong. I recommend avoiding this one.

(For clarification: I'm not a Suvari fan. Everyone and everything else was so bad, it made her look good.)

Kind of a kick in the pants but expected... Wish they would've let Romero do another one. Land of the Dead wasn't spectacular but Nicotero did some really bad ass effects and all in all it was better than the original Day of the Dead. The old man's got at least one, maybe two more good zombie movies in him.

[quote name='Scobie']Kind of a kick in the pants but expected... Wish they would've let Romero do another one. Land of the Dead wasn't spectacular but Nicotero did some really bad ass effects and all in all it was better than the original Day of the Dead. The old man's got at least one, maybe two more good zombie movies in him.[/quote]

He did make another one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diary_of_the_Dead

It goes back to the beginning of the outbreak to go more indepth about how it all started. People are pretty divided about it because it was mostly shot "Blair Witch Style".

[quote name='jbroush99']He did make another one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diary_of_the_Dead

It goes back to the beginning of the outbreak to go more indepth about how it all started. People are pretty divided about it because it was mostly shot "Blair Witch Style".[/QUOTE]

Damn. The older I get, the more out of touch I become. The reviews are pretty poor, but the fan community seems to like it which is a pretty good indicator to me. I'll be picking it up when it comes out on DVD or Blu Ray. Thanks for the tip.

bread's done
Back