Battlefield 1942 for $14.99

[quote name='PsyClerk']Let me know when Secret Weapons expansion drops to $10.[/quote]

According to posts on Fatwallet, Secret Weapons is $9.99 at Circuit City

I've heard poor reports about the expansions for BF 1942, the multiplayer is where it is all at :)

Even better are the sweet mods out for the game.

[quote name='borg20001'][quote name='PsyClerk']Let me know when Secret Weapons expansion drops to $10.[/quote]

According to posts on Fatwallet, Secret Weapons is $9.99 at Circuit City[/quote]

No shit?!? Damn I hope it's online.

I swear; the multiplayer demo for Secret Weapons... just that one level... kept me entertained for almost a *year*. (Just that ONE level.) They (100+ people) still play that demo online, as of a few months ago.

BTW, yes, I do have the full BF1942. ;)

This deal is great. I too have been waiting for the price to drop. Just a note to people using dial up: multiplayer is gonna suck big time on this game for you. Other than that, this deal is awesome! I picked up my copy today.

yeah i have conteplated giving it a shot. Is there any test to see if my computer can run it decently. Not a computer gamer but i always wanted to try it.

I love BF1942, I got it for 20$ about a year ago on sale at CompUSA, the problem is that now there arent as many people that play and it is sometimes hard to find good servers. I have a clan match tonight though, and those are always the best in terms of fun.

aren't as many people? are you serious, do you have gamespy??? there's more ppl with gamespy playing bf1942 than there is playing bf vietnam

Anybody here actually played the Galactic Conquest mod yet? I'm seriously thinking about getting BF1942 but only if the StarWars mod is really worth it. But I guess for $14.99 I really cant go wrong, eh?

After a solid month and a half of playing every day I was done with my Battlefield addiction. The lag got to me

RS3 however kept me adicted for almost a full year, and I finally started playing some UT2K4 after having it since launch(never played it once since launch).

Umm, thousands of people are on at anytime playing battlefield, and there are some really good servers up, just hard to find them :)

[quote name='bmulligan']Anybody here actually played the Galactic Conquest mod yet? I'm seriously thinking about getting BF1942 but only if the StarWars mod is really worth it. But I guess for $14.99 I really cant go wrong, eh?[/quote]

Starwars mod is not worth playing, I installed it and there wasnt even a server with anyone in it, but i tried it out by myself and didnt even seem that good. But desert combat is a great mod.

I heard the galactic conquest mod is decent, but only a few of the big mods have good support.

Forgotten Hope and Desert Combat are the two most widely supported BF 1942 mods.

bread's done
Back