Final Fantasy X-2 16.88 at Target stores

I got a $10 credit voucher from my TRU Visa on Saturday so it came out to only $6.88 pricematched. Well, if you don't count the Max Payne 2 and GTA Double Pack (both Xbox) I also pricematched. Of course it went on the TRU Visa for a 4% rebate.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']Great game but I liked the orignal better FFX. No aeons or summons!!![/quote]

Huh. I liked FFX-2 better than X for that same reason. I don't like being stuck with one character class. If [not really "if"] they do summons in the future I hope they get back to FF6/7 style instead of 9/X style, where not everyone is capable of doing them.

I liked the alternating/selectable job system in X-2, in general, better than the 'switch out characters to make sure everyone gets XP' in X. Plus the sphere grid seemed cool at first, but then seemed somewhat linear and limited; the job/garment grids allowed a lot more flexibility. And I liked the 'chapter/mission' format, easier to play for brief periods of time.
Anyway, they're both great games, and 16.88 is an excellent price.

As far as the raincheck thing goes for this one, it's YMMV... I went to the Henrietta Target in Rochester and they told me they couldn't do rainchecks for it because there was no accompanying sku in the flyer. Also gave me some spew about it being a price drop and that those couldn't be rainchecked because it was "such a large price drop"... Maybe I just had bad luck but I have gotten tons of rainchecks from this store before without any problem.

[quote name='aaronprather']How likely do you think that the Last Mission adventure will be added to FF-X2 Greatest Hits edition?[/quote]

No. No chance.

this raincheck would save me lots of money on star ocean 3!!!

I work at the busiest Target in the world, I gotta believe!!

[quote name='aaronprather']How likely do you think that the Last Mission adventure will be added to FF-X2 Greatest Hits edition?[/quote]

If Silent Hill 2 greatest hits got updated, then I'm sure FFX2 greatest hits will get the extras. I'm still waiting for the greatest hits version for this reason.

-Morpheus

Was there any difference between the original American version of Final Fantasy X and the Greatest Hits version? Anyone know if there's a list of such changes to GH games?

If Silent Hill 2 greatest hits got updated, then I'm sure FFX2 greatest hits will get the extras. I'm still waiting for the greatest hits version for this reason.

-Morpheus[/quote]

I'm inclined to think that it is a distinct possibility. After all, Squenix decided to delay Star Ocean for the PS2 so it could release it with the director's cut content.

I'm sure usually the GH version is usually exactly the same as the first version. Sometimes game publishers take the GH opportunity to improve their game (Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex GH version considerably cut down on the loading times), add bonus features (Silent Hill 2 GH adds the bonus levels and features once exclusive to Xbox), or come out with an greatly enhanced version of the same game (Sega's Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution).

It certainly would make good business sense to add the new content to the FF-X2 GH version. I'm sure many FF fans wouldn't hesistate to pluck down an additional $20 for the new content.

According to this link,
http://www.ffxiconnection.vzz.net/news_29.html
a PAL version of Last Mission does exist. It should be a fairly simple matter to convert it for North America.

Aaron

I guarantee that it won't have Last Mission's content added in. If it does, I'll eat my hat...shaped nacho platter.

The big question is whether there was much voiceover in the Last Mission segment. If so, that adds greatly to the cost of addding it to NA version of the title. In the case of Silent Hill 2 all of the needed assets had already been done in English for the Xbox version.

If the PAL version mentioned above has the English voiceovers then it wouldn't be much problem.

Even so, at $16.88 the price is still a fair bit better than GH. With the silly value people place on non-GH cover inserts any of us has a good chance of selling off the game for full price and buying the GH version to play the new material with the saves on hand.

The Japaneese version FF-X2 International + Last Mission does have English voices throughout the game, so that shouldn't be a hindering factor. The International version of FFX main edition was adding the "Eternal Calm" movie that bridges FFX story to FFX-2. That movie was brought to the US via the Offical PlayStation magazine.

I'm sure Square-Enix wouldn't announce such an additon to FF-X2 GH until just before its realese. Doing so beforehand would only curb sales of the non GH version.

[quote name='aaronprather']I'm sure Square-Enix wouldn't announce such an additon to FF-X2 GH until just before its realese. Doing so beforehand would only curb sales of the non GH version.[/quote]

You make a very good point here. =D

-Morpheus

very interesting --- though just given square's history with GH titles, I sincerely doubt they'll bring last mission over for a GH version. While converting from PAL is relatively simple, the legal/time/investments necessary to complete the task just doesn't sound rational at this pnt.; and the truth is the last mission would likely only turn heads from the FF hard core, and given how FFX2 hasn't been received particularly well by that hard core, i don't think anyone at square-enix thinks it's worth it...

OTOH, there is a certain portion of the fanbase that already own FF X-2 and would buy the GH version if it adds more content. This is what has long driven the release of 'International' editions in the Japanese market as well as the plethora of other ways they extract cash from the otaku masses. OTGH, they didn't see fit to have that little added bit in the US GH release.

bread's done
Back