Lost Planet - Discussion and Hype Thread - UPDATE: Map Pack #3 Free Aug. 16th.

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
[SIZE=+2] -~-~-[/SIZE][SIZE=+3] Lost Planet[/SIZE][SIZE=+2] -~-~- [/SIZE]

Collectors Edition Package:

* One exclusive bonus multiplayer map that will only be available in the Collector’s Edition until summer 2007
* Custom designed exclusive cover art, for collector's edition only
* Premium packaging in a sleek SteelBook metal case
* Exclusive art book with concept sketches from all stages of development including character renders, VS renders and enemy art
* Soundtrack of select songs from the game
* Fan kit assets for gamers to create their own Lost Planet websites
* Action packed videos and trailers
* Wallpapers, AIM icons, board icons and signature banners
* Digital art files including screens, character art and environment shots

All for the overpriced bundle of $69.99. Regular edition comes as $59.99.

Webisodes:

Webisode #1
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyGC_uPTgIU[/media]

Webisode #2
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOcRQZefmhc[/media]

Websites:

Official Website

Lost Planet Community

UPDATE:

New Maps Comming MARCH 9th: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzBpc1A8bVw[/media] (note: first map is the same map as LE map... the rest are new with no snow)

UPDATE

New Maps Comming April 6th:
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1yJn1ckWezs[/media]
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yj0p1XzV7Ew[/media]

[quote name='thrustbucket']Why are they not releasing the webisodes on marketplace?[/QUOTE]

I think the same thing happened with Dead Rising where it was online before the XBLM, but I'd like to know the same thing... In the mean time I just stream the webisode from my computer to my 360...

I still say I think this looks better (overall) than gears of war.

I agree, this game is kinda why I'm skipping Gears of War and waiting to do co-op on it with someone after a price drop. Now maybe if I wouldn't have bothered with Splinter Cell it might be another story. :)

The demo of this game was great though and since it seems to have decent multiplayer I think it will be awesome.

The demo didn't really strike me as fun. I still have it on my 360 though as I may go back and give it a try. But The demo didn't "WOW!" me like it seems to have everyone else.

[quote name='Sn0brawler']I think the SP Lost Planet Demo is the only demo I've played through more than once. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Same here... Most demos I only play once or twice, but Lost Planet is the only one I keep going back to.

I can't wait for this game. I am excited for Gears of War, but I'm even more excited for Lost Planet. I've also played the demo repeatedly, and have wanted this game ever since the first trailer.

That Lost Planet Collector's Edition box would be awesome if it didn't have that dumbass Xbox 360 label on the top. Why can't they just leave that off, it's a specialty product, why does it have to conform to packaging standards?

I can't wait for this game and Im loving all of this :360: support from Capcom :applause: but come on Capcom where is my 360 Version of DMC 4??? :pray::pray::pray::pray:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']That Lost Planet Collector's Edition box would be awesome if it didn't have that dumbass Xbox 360 label on the top. Why can't they just leave that off, it's a specialty product, why does it have to conform to packaging standards?[/QUOTE]

Agreed! At the very least, the 'background' on the 360 label could be dropped, and the text/logos made smaller :/

[quote name='mr ryles']Whats the official release date on this?[/quote]
[quote name='jasonlives13']01/12/2007[/quote]

Interesting...LP is coming about a month earlier in Japan.

[quote name='CogOfWar']I can't wait for this game and Im loving all of this :360: support from Capcom :applause: but come on Capcom where is my 360 Version of DMC 4??? :pray::pray::pray::pray:

[/QUOTE]

We'll see it, don't worry.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']That Lost Planet Collector's Edition box would be awesome if it didn't have that dumbass Xbox 360 label on the top. Why can't they just leave that off, it's a specialty product, why does it have to conform to packaging standards?[/QUOTE]
It's probably a slip cover that can be removed.

Either way I think it's ugly as hell, but I'm still looking forward to this game.

It was solid from what I played in the demo, and I hear the controls/gameplay have only gotten better.

Plus multiplayer! :drool:

Oh, and I'm not sure if you guys know, but the extra map on the Collectors Edition, will be free when it hits the marketplace.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The only problem I have is the subtitle. It should have just been "Lost Planet." It can do without the Extreme Conditions.[/QUOTE]
It's not that big of a deal. Most people won't refer to it with it's subtitle anyway.

You never hear Halo refered to as "Halo: Combat Evolved", unless of course it's a super Halo nerd you're talking to. ;)

[quote name='mr ryles']en tu madre.[/QUOTE]

bueno, tu 3s un winrar!!111~

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161444.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

Awesome. Further proof of how awesome Capcom is with their 360 support. I have already annointed Lost Planet 2007 Game of the Year, even if Halo 3 does come out (which it won't).[/quote]
You seem to have strong opinions. ;)

Great news, any word on what the MP play will be similar to? GoW, Socom, GRAW, or what?

EDIT:

If you preorder, you get an additional map to play on!

[quote name='Spades22']...Just play it and see....wth...[/quote]

Can you, for one day, stop giving Canadians a bad rep?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161444.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

Awesome. Further proof of how awesome Capcom is with their 360 support. I have already annointed Lost Planet 2007 Game of the Year, even if Halo 3 does come out (which it won't).[/QUOTE]

Orly? I didn't know you work for Bungie? If you know anything, and it clearly looks like you don't, you would see with this recent push of new info they are positioning themselves for a November Launch, next year. Same kinda release plan they had with Halo2. Pay attention next time.

[quote name='Bigsauce']Orly? I didn't know you work for Bungie? If you know anything, and it clearly looks like you don't, you would see with this recent push of new info they are positioning themselves for a November Launch, next year. Same kinda release plan they had with Halo2. Pay attention next time.[/quote]Whatever you say, pompous ass. Seems to me that Halo 2 was supposed to come out Holiday Season 2003, then was delayed for an entire year, to Nov. 9th 2004. I'm quite sure Bungie would NEVER delay one of their games again, right?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Whatever you say, pompous ass. Seems to me that Halo 2 was supposed to come out Holiday Season 2003, then was delayed for an entire year, to Nov. 9th 2004. I'm quite sure Bungie would NEVER delay one of their games again, right?[/QUOTE]

LoL...if you believed that then you deserve it. Don't listen to Gamespot, Ign, or anyone else. Gather and gage the info you see being OFFICIALLY released to come up with yer own judgement. You can tell by how much they talk about the game that it's getting closer. Hell, they are letting people play the Multiplayer and talking about play testing it.

Didn't mean to come off like an ass but yer post was totally misleading. No need to continue this further since I doubt either of us will change each other's mind. I'll invite ya for a match in November 2007.

I'm really looking forward to this game, loved the previous demo. On this weeks CAGcast Wombat says they've done loads to improve the game since the demo.

Should be a good start to 2007 for 360 owners.

[quote name='help1']

Great news, any word on what the MP play will be similar to? GoW, Socom, GRAW, or what?

EDIT:

If you preorder, you get an additional map to play on![/QUOTE]

If the MP is anything like single player, deathmatches will be like GoW, without ducking for cover.

Who knows though, they might introduce some crazy new MP set up.

[quote name='Apossum']If the MP is anything like single player, deathmatches will be like GoW, without ducking for cover.

Who knows though, they might introduce some crazy new MP set up.[/quote]

K, ill tell you if thats a good thing after I play GoW tonight!

[quote name='help1']K, ill tell you if thats a good thing after I play GoW tonight![/QUOTE]

well, all of GoW is duck and cover, so it won't really be a good judge...try playing the Lost planet demo instead ;)

[quote name='Apossum']Donde esta el multiplayer demo?[/QUOTE]
The publisher finally answered that question today with the announcement that the Lost Planet multiplayer demo would be available to download on November 23, Thanksgiving Day in the US. The demo will allow up to 16 players to play on a single map with multiple weapons, robotic combat suits, and four game types.

Capcom also renamed the day after Thanksgiving. Previously known as Black Friday, the beginning of the Christmas shopping season in earnest, Capcom wants to call it White Friday, the beginning of the company's preorder campaign for the snowbound sci-fi shooter. As part of the campaign, advance purchasers will receive access to a special version of the multiplayer demo that includes a second map.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161444.html?tag=latestnews;title;3

[quote name='help1']Can you, for one day, stop giving Canadians a bad rep?[/quote]
Can you, for one day, use whatever you have in that little brain of yours?:bouncy:

[quote name='jasonlives13']Am I the only one that doesn't like the aiming on this game?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely different but I dig it alot. I have to play every shooter inverted though..

what's going up on Turkey Day? I hope this game turns out to be good, otherwise 07 wont have a great game until The Darkness comes out.

Speaking of which, when is there going to be new footage of that?

[quote name='nevposey']what's going up on Turkey Day? I hope this game turns out to be good, otherwise 07 wont have a great game until The Darkness comes out.

Speaking of which, when is there going to be new footage of that?[/quote]multiplayer demo.

bread's done
Back