GameStop/EB Black Friday Ad Scan

Small (almost nil) comfort, SM64ds is 15, along with Metroid Prime:hunters, both used.

Really of the BF ads I've seen thus far, there is nothing ground breaking. Hopefully WM, BB, CC and Target will turn it around or I'm staying in bed on Black Friday.

I like how they dropped some of those DS games from their inflated price ($5 extra) to regular MSRP for the "sale" - like Children of Mana and Yoshi's Island DS.

Whatever happened to the $50 GBA Micros that someone who claimed to be an EB Games store manager (since banned :D) posted for sure would be part of the BF deals? I got one at CompUSA for $40 already, anyway, so no loss there... Overall, though, very underwhelming - looks like I can stay home and play some Wii on BF.

Good job on that merger, EB, you went from being one of my top stops BF to me not even visting your store. SUPER LAME.

[quote name='Wolve22']At least they have a B2G1 then and there'll have been some decent releases with some possible used copies lying around.[/quote]

Yeh that looks like the best thing, should be good for picking up next gen titles.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeh that looks like the best thing, should be good for picking up next gen titles.[/QUOTE]

Or so we hope...

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeh that looks like the best thing, should be good for picking up next gen titles.[/quote]

Oh darn, another B2G1 free so soon after the last one! I'll just have to head out and buy some more...

P U

Dammit, I've got credit to burn from trades and this really stinks. Wishful thinking on a better NDS deal besides another freebie travel case.

Well, EB always had good deal on EB.com & Some great deal on BF. Yes, kinda $uck after GS took over EB & I rarely see any good deal on EB.com lately. Esspecially, BF is CRAPPY deal :(

Very dissappointed!!!

wow... who puts USED games as their BF deal when there is no guarantee you'll even hav those games and if you do you'll have 1-2 copies. And then NOONE wants to give a used game for a christmas gift, and isn't BF supposed to be for christmas shopping...wow...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']wow... who puts USED games as their BF deal when there is no guarantee you'll even hav those games and if you do you'll have 1-2 copies. And then NOONE wants to give a used game for a christmas gift, and isn't BF supposed to be for christmas shopping...wow...[/QUOTE]

When EB had Riddick (Xbox) new for $9.99 a couple years back, EB had limited qualities...I actually had GameStop pricematch ironically.

Regardless, the merger has caused the crapitude in this ad.

[quote name='bmarquardt']When EB had Riddick (Xbox) new for $9.99 a couple years back, EB had limited qualities...I actually had GameStop pricematch ironically.

Regardless, the merger has caused the crapitude in this ad.[/QUOTE]

That's the only BF deal I ever got from EB. I pricematched it at CC, though, so I didn't have to go in there.

I am definitely going to pick up Super Mario 64 DS and Metroid Prime: Hunters. I have been dying to get both of those games and $15 a piece isn't bad. Plus, with the B2G1 Free sale I can get a third game free! Now I have to pick which one...

I am definitely going to pick up Super Mario 64 DS and Metroid Prime: Hunters. I have been dying to get both of those games and $15 a piece isn't bad. Plus, with the B2G1 Free sale I can get a third game free! Now I have to pick which one... maybe REsident Evil 4 to go with my new Wii?

So, a few (although good) price drops on used games, and some games that are now matching MSRP (and some that aren't), that's the sale? I hope this isn't their real sale.

This Black Friday will suck. Nothing in the Kmart ad or Sears ad either (but hopefully Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City pull through with some great deals)

yea wow that is crappy... though im not gunna complain becuase i use to think the bf buy 2 get 1 was the best thing ever. now they're doing it all the time and i've been buying up games in bulk.

GameStop rarely even had sales of any kind. Now EB, which was once had great sales, is now bowing to their new boss and not giving us jack.

Why would they give us jack when the average uneducated consumer will just come in and pay full price and walk away happy. They might even throw 15 bones down for that stupid ass card a subscription to crappy ass Game Informer.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This Black Friday will suck. Nothing in the Kmart ad or Sears ad either (but hopefully Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City pull through with some great deals)[/QUOTE]

I'll hedge all of my bets on Circuit City (a CAG's best friend in retail). The other two...not so much.

[quote name='bmarquardt']I'll hedge all of my bets on Circuit City (a CAG's best friend in retail). The other two...not so much.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's my guess too. Target pretty much is guranteed not to have anything spectacular, but Best Buy is the wild card. Could have something cool. Maybe not though.

I've been hoping for ONE good deal on the DSLite so that I could finally buy one. SO far fucking nothing. Every ad just lists a DSL at $130 as if that is some kind of deal. Here's hoping Target will fuck up again and have 'em for $100 this holiday season, I guess.

[quote name='suko_32']Sad thing is, people are still going to go in and think it's a good deal.[/quote]

Sadly, yes. Whoever thinks getting Madden '06 for $10 used is a good deal will probably be the ones that also buy the GI subscription and GPG warranties.

Yay, another reason for me to sleep in on Friday. As much as I love a good deal, I sure won't miss fighting throngs of morons and standing in lines that snake through the entire store at absurd hours of the morning.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I am definitely going to pick up Super Mario 64 DS and Metroid Prime: Hunters. I have been dying to get both of those games and $15 a piece isn't bad. Plus, with the B2G1 Free sale I can get a third game free! Now I have to pick which one... maybe REsident Evil 4 to go with my new Wii?[/quote]

Assuming they even have them. All half-dozen GS/EB's near me have jack for used DS games.

I called a bust on this BF months ago, and it looks like my prediction might come true. The poster that mentioned the legion of uneducated consumers willing to pay whatever wacky price these retailers slap on are probably the #1 reason. Companies have less competition these days, and can pretty much charge what they want, knowing that people will buy when there's little alternative. Wal-Mart might be the low price leader, but it's usually only by a few cents; kmart tried that years ago by ending all their prices in .97 when everyone else was .99 - walmart does it with the .77's and .88's. BFD.

[quote name='$hady']What time do you think I need to get in line to get that $3 used GTA? :lol:[/QUOTE]

4 p.m.

Ironically if you were Best Buy, Target, CC or one of the remaining retailers who haven't released/leaked your BF Ad you might not even have to release one. Because all the other ads suck most shoppers would much rather hit up your store even though they don't know what you're offering.

bread's done
Back