Quake 4 @ CompUSA for $19.99?

Johniel1310

CAG Veteran
Hello all!!!

Went to my local CompUSA to pick up a copy of Quake 4 for X-Box 360 for $25 (as stated on the web site and in the in-store display)... and I received a $5.00 Off Promotion at the Cash Register. :bouncy:

I asked the cashier what the promotion was and he said he didn't know... It just rang up automatically. So if this is going on around the board on all games, there is some potential for even cheaper games!!! If anyone knows what the Promotion is and cares to clarify/explain... it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Did you buy it today at that price? The extra $5.00 off was from 20% off red star items but that was supposed to end on Saturday

Yes, those extra $5.00 you got off on your game ended sunday and as for now is regular price which can be $19.99 for manager's special or $24.99 regular price

I work at CompUSA and that's how it works. Whatever it rings up as, you can usually get it cheaper like that :D

[quote name='Katsu']Quake without mouse/keyboard? What's the point?[/quote]

plus the framerate is horrible on 360

I like playing games on my HDTV, sitting on my couch. Plus, my PC would never look as good as it does on 360 without some major upgrades.

hrm. i bought quake iv full price for my 360. i dont see where the frame rate quips come in. the game is fun. i really enjoy the single player campaign.

[quote name='dskillzhtown']I like playing games on my HDTV, sitting on my couch. Plus, my PC would never look as good as it does on 360 without some major upgrades.[/quote]It's nice being able to just pop a game disc in the tray and start playing instead of jumping through hoops to get a game going.

i especially like NOT having to install games. but with sony's ps3... it seems like, for now, sony is moving in that direction...

Hello all and thanks for the replies!!! To those who asked, yes... I posted it when I bought it. Question for you CompUSA guys. How do you know when something is in Manager Special and if there is a Red Tag Sale ($5 Off). It doesn't seem to say anything in advance on the web site or in the store. It seems to be luck of the draw when I go in and see a Manager Special.

bread's done
Back