75% off PS2, Xbox and GC games @ PX

Emperor Samoth

CAG Veteran
I picked up a couple of good games (Half-Life 2, Psychonauts, Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike, etc) at the Fort Gordon, Georgia (USA) and Fort Sill, Oklahoma (USA) Post eXchange (PX) for dirt-cheap. How dirt cheap? Try $5 and no sales tax. I also picked Red Ninja (not the best game) for under $2. All games are factory sealed. Sell them on e-bay, Amazon.com or trade them in at your local GameStop! w00t!!!

This may go under bragging rights as only active, reserve and retired or family of Servicemen may shop at a PX.

EDIT: WiiD, it's for Post Exchange. Basically an on-base store with tons of stuff. Again, for those in the military.

Oh come on, anyone can shop there. All you have to do is go enlist. You guys aren't willing to go far enough for your video game bargains. All true CAGs will immediately go out and join the army to get in on this deal.

I found Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne LE with soundtrack for $50 at my local BX (base exchange). I know thats the original price, but for a store to still have sealed copies of this game these days is rare. Here is the best part, I also found at this same BX, Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Boxset for 75% off! It came to about $13! I cant believe these games were sitting there for a couple years. I guess the military doesnt have that much time to play games. I'm going back soon to check the clearance games again.

If any of you currently can't take advantage of this deal and want to I can introduce you to some people ;)

Seriously, the bases randomly do this kinda thing and I'm pretty sure it's YMMV. I actually saw an open box PSP with a red tag on it at Ft Lee. Probably already gone.

[quote name='Rictor']You guys aren't willing to go far enough for your video game bargains. All true CAGs will immediately go out and join the army to get in on this deal.[/quote]
HA! Excellent point. I'm the first to admit I'm a total sally and won't make the commitment for this deal.

This is so YMMV that it makes me sick.
The PX still has PGR3 for $50 for 360. The price drops suck and you'll find 75% or 25% off stickers off of the starting price of $50 or $60 for games that are old as hell. Not a deal, its called a price drop.
I've never found a good deal at my PX.

[quote name='Rictor']Oh come on, anyone can shop there. All you have to do is go enlist. You guys aren't willing to go far enough for your video game bargains. All true CAGs will immediately go out and join the army to get in on this deal.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't mind spending some time in Iraq for Panzer Dragoon Saga. Why, yes, I will!

[quote name='FantasiaWHT']Both my mom and my dad served in Vietnam, does that count? Or only family of active military?[/QUOTE]
It's possible, if you're a dependent of theirs still and they're willing to make sure their privileges are active.

I think 95% of my Genesis games came from a BX/PX/Shopette of some sort. If you have an active/retired/dependent card, I'd highly urge checking out the prices. If nothing else you can usually get great deals on TVs and speakers due to the lack of sales tax and sometimes great sales. Not to mention the kick ass food like Anthony's Pizza.

Just for those of you not in the know... PX is a benefit for our Military and their family members. Now, who's to say that you "might" have a "family" member that just happens to be in the military and he goes into the PX/BX or NEX with you? They only check the ID card of the person that's purchasing the stuff... so... Carry lots of cash so you can compensate your "cousin" for his or her troubles.

Active and Reserve. I think National Guard can shop there too, but I'm not positive on that one.

Just for those of you not in the know... PX is a benefit for our Military and their family members. Now, who's to say that you "might" have a "family" member that just happens to be in the military and he goes into the PX/BX or NEX with you? They only check the ID card of the person that's purchasing the stuff... so... Carry lots of cash so you can compensate your "cousin" for his or her troubles.

bread's done
Back