Just a heads up! Game Crazy classic plastic coming soon 3 FOR $10

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I totally forgot to post this last week. Anyway, we got signage for the classic plastic sale but the new signage is "3 for $10" not $15 anymore. NO START DATE YET so bare with me until I (or someone else) gets the final info.

3 for $10 on all gb, gbc, nes, snes, n64, saturn, psone, and dreamcast games.

[quote name='Corvin']what is "classic plastic?"[/quote]
A little more information for us less informed people.? This sounds like it should be something I already know about.

[quote name='Corvin']what is "classic plastic?"[/quote]
Normally:

GB
GBC
NES
SNES
N64
PS1
DC

Please correct if I'm wrong.

That is correct, good sir! GodDAMN I am stoked for this sale. Got some good stuff last time around, and taking off a third of the original price only sweetens the deal.

3/$10, eh? Hopefully they've got some new stuff in the last couple months. Seems like the local stores still get a ton of N64 games traded into them, so that's probably your best bet for finding nice games. N64 is also the system I see most at garage sales these days...it's at that magic 10 year old mark where everyone starts tossing them because they've been collecting dust in their closet for 5 years. They're happy to go trade the system and a big stack of games into Gamecrazy and get a $20 PS2 game out of it.

On a side note, the Gamecrazy near me went out of business, unfortunately. They gave no warning and there was no going out of business sale or anything. I was in there a couple weeks ago to pick up some reduced games, then my wife drove past there the other day and told me the building is empty and there's a "for lease" sign on it. This is the second Game Crazy to go out in Indianapolis in the last year, which leaves 2 stores here. One is in a really crappy area and I doubt it will last much longer either, as it's pretty much the only thing still in business in that neighborhood. The other is in better area but never seems that busy, so we'll see what happens there.

How anyone's store can have anything to make this sale exciting anymore blows my mind. The three stores around me were mediocre for the one in the summer of 05, and nothing new since then.

[quote name='botticus']How anyone's store can have anything to make this sale exciting anymore blows my mind. The three stores around me were mediocre for the one in the summer of 05, and nothing new since then.[/quote]

Well, there's something wrong there then, maybe the employees are hoarding stuff. Game Crazy is pretty much the only used video game chain in the country that still takes in PSX, DC, NES, SNES, GEN and other older games now. The ones around here get new stuff all the time, as people really have no other option than selling to them unless they have an Ebay account and want to sell the stuff online. Usually when I go in, I'll see a new stack of N64 or SNES games that were just traded in. They still get a lot of PSX games too. It probably helps that the nice empoyees at EB/Gamestop around here actually tell people to go to Game Crazy to trade in their PSX games and other old crap when they bring it in. Of course, maybe everyone in your town is unusually smart and sells their games online for top dollar. There's plenty of dumb people in this city that are willing to give their games to Game Crazy for 25 cents each.

Seems like an interesting deal...though I'll have to wait and see some sort of confirmation notice first. Although I do wonder if any of the GC in my neck of the woods even have anything of remote interest.

yay!

The extra $5 seals the deal for me! Time to collect some great NES and N64 games.

Is Soul Calibur for the DC worth collecting?

I'll be hitting up the GameCrazy stores near me for this again, but the last few times I've hardly seen anything worth while. Unfortunately, it'll probably be the case this time, as well.

I can see my GB/GBC collection getting MUCH bigger as a result of this.

I hate buying disc-based games there.....no case/manual = no sale.

Wow, I really don't need any more games, but $3 for $10 is tough to say no too (I think i'm going to get to a point where I need to go a year without buying any games).

The one thing I'd love to get is FF IX. Honestly, I'd pay $10 for it buy itself, but the only time I see it, it's closer to $20 out the door. I haven't seen a FF game anytime my stores have had this sale, but I'll pop my head in when it starts.

[quote name='WanganRunner']I can see my GB/GBC collection getting MUCH bigger as a result of this.

I hate buying disc-based games there.....no case/manual = no sale.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't like it either, but the cover projects that have been going on have made it more bearable. Some of the newly printed covers I have seen are nicer than the originals!

I spent a ton at the last 3/$15 sale as it was my first one and I got a lot of good N64 stuff. I'll be definately hitting this up again when it starts.

[quote name='crazyj']yay!

The extra $5 seals the deal for me! Time to collect some great NES and N64 games.

Is Soul Calibur for the DC worth collecting?[/QUOTE]

You have a Dreamcast and you don't own Soul Calibur?! That game still stands up better than SC2 & 3! It rocks. Thanks for the Sale info OP! I'm definately going to make the trek to GC when this sale starts!

[quote name='botticus']How anyone's store can have anything to make this sale exciting anymore blows my mind. The three stores around me were mediocre for the one in the summer of 05, and nothing new since then.[/QUOTE]

That is just because Ohio (and more precisely, Ohio's gamingness) is quite sucky. I'm sure it's better in non-sucky places.

NE Ohio is decent. Last time I got some decent n64 stuff, pokemon gb games, and even a silent hill and a mario rpg.

One of my usual stores offered to hold stuff if I wanted, they got a Warsong for genny and even says he has a Legend of Mana, so there may be some hope.

Dave

Hmm I found a GC about 6 months ago that I never knew was around which makes it the only one around me within other than a 1 hour drive... So this I will keep my eyes out for... Hopefully next weekend there is a bunch more stuff traded in as the last batch of systems are released.

I'm from NE Ohio and I haven't seen anything good for years. I think the last really good find was Chrono Trigger for $30 at...umm..one of the companies that all merged with Gamestop awhile back. Don't remember which. I got Prince of Persia for SNES maybe a year ago, but that was like, by far the best thing I've seen in a long time.
Maybe you're just finding all of the good ones :p

[quote name='crazyj']yay!

Is Soul Calibur for the DC worth collecting?[/quote]
\

I'd say it even worth whatever price it has on ATM.

:bouncy: Time to stock up. Even at 3 for $10 this could get pricey for me:D

Yup, I got tons of goodies on hold now - the usual n64 stuff, a few mid-level ps1 rpgs, and power stone 1 and 2 for DC.

However, one employee has a MINT Legend of Mana in his hold box, and another has a MINT NON-GH Final Fantasy VII. We will see which one coughs their game up in exchange for a MVP renewal.

Dave

Ah, I'll take my NES checklist in. They have a bunch of games that I wasn't willing to pay $5 each for during the 3/$15 sale, but 3/$10 plus 10% discount is exactly what I value cart-only NES games at, around $3 a pop. I should be able to find 4 or 5 I need out of the 100 or so they have in stock. Then I'll probbaly grab a few N64 games and maybe some SNES.

Last time I went in there, I bought about 30 Genesis games and didn't need to use the classic plastic sale as 99% of Genesis games at Game Crazy now retail for $2 a pop.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']The guys at the Evansville store DO hoard stuff... pricks.

/bitter[/quote]

Yah Kacy (dude that works there) Likes to take all the good stuff.

[quote name='Rictor'] 3/$10 plus 10% discount is exactly what I value cart-only NES games at[/quote]

I don't think they'll let you use MVP to stack on top of the sale. None of the stores were able to do it as they said MVP doesn't apply to the 3for$15 sale. I wish though. ;)

I just had the guys at the closest GC hold a box of 30+ games for me from the bin. Everything from Majora's Mask, to Mario All Stars, to Mario 64. Mario Party 1, 2, 3, etc etc. But I also have 2 more GameCrazy stores within 15 minutes of each other, so I see myself spending about $300+ on Tuesday. :)

DAMN i wish i had a GC near me.

This deal would be nasty for my DC collection :/

Thanks for the heads up OP, maybe i'll find one in the near future. (i hope).

I have a GC near me, oh wait the EB games which is 5 minutes from there has crap in PS1 (I mean the outdated crap ones) , a few decent N64 games and like 10 crappy DC games , damn not worth the trip :cry:

[quote name='brianmoy']I don't think they'll let you use MVP to stack on top of the sale. None of the stores were able to do it as they said MVP doesn't apply to the 3for$15 sale. I wish though. ;)[/quote]

It's only a 33 cent difference per game, so no big deal, but I have got them to do it once or twice in the past. Of course, I spend $200-300 on an average trip to Game Crazy, so they tend to like me there. I usually grab a few PSP games, some DS games, maybe a Gamecube or PS2 game, and then a huge stack of classic plastic. I hardly ever make it to Game Crazy, so I'll grab a bunch of stuff at once. The ones around here are always well stocked with games you can't find anywhere else.

Aye I basically cleaned out the local Game Crazys the last two times, well of anything that would interest me. Not much left...or that I've noticed...hm.

[quote name='RockmanPET']just to update you guys and if hasnt been updated the 3 for 10 sale is confirmed for Nov. 14 till Dec. 21[/quote]

That's been posted in this thread.

It also doesn't help that there's going to be around 150 XBox used games dropping in price, the majority of those 150 are dropping to $4.99.. that starts Monday.

Just take my bank account, GameCrazy. Cripes. This is going to hurt. :bomb:

[quote name='Scorch']That's been posted in this thread.

It also doesn't help that there's going to be around 150 XBox used games dropping in price, the majority of those 150 are dropping to $4.99.. that starts Monday.

Just take my bank account, GameCrazy. Cripes. This is going to hurt. :bomb:[/quote]

XBox games are dropping in price??? Anything else dropping in price that you know of or is it just exclusively XBox???

Now the only problem for me is making an attack plan - got a lot of possible stores to hit, and a lot of other CAGers in the area.

Got a question though - is the b2g1 free on everything 4.99 and under only apply to ps2/xbx/gcn stuff, or is it for classic stuff too? Ive gotten conflicting answers.

Dave

bread's done
Back