Anyone ever read those old Nintendo fiction books?

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Do you guys remember these? I can't remember what they were called, but I remember reading a Castlevania book and a Blaster Master book. There were a lot more of them, and I think I read a few more than those two, also.

I think I bought them from a book fair at my school, though. They were basically just fiction books on the series. From what I remember, they were pretty cool and very entertaining.

Do you guys remember these at all?

Yup, I read Bionic Commando and Metal Gear. Also, Tecmo sent me the Ninja Gaiden book one year for Christmas. They were pretty decent reads for the time.

edit: They were called Worlds of Power books. See an example here.

edit#2: BOOYAH! The whole shooting match!

edit#3: ok, not all books are covered in that last link, but I think that's most of them.

I'm almost positive I read those, but don't remember them at all. I saw the Metal Gear book at a garage sale a few weeks ago and almost bought it.

Ha ha ha the reviews in that link are hilarious!

Most of the twists in the story are less illuminating than they are annoying and cruel. They're not so much plot holes as a plot purple-nurples.

It also links to the full text for two of the books. Thanks PsyClerk!

I remember the Blaster Master one. I was sent an advance copy to review when I was 10 or 11 or so.
I remember it being a good read

[quote name='jbroush99']I'm almost positive I read those, but don't remember them at all. I saw the Metal Gear book at a garage sale a few weeks ago and almost bought it.[/quote]

what prevented you from actually buying it ? price ?

[quote name='punqsux']http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=279&item=7916299081&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/quote]

Shit! I can't look on ebay at work anymore. I'm going to have to buy the Castlevania book again. That was one of the coolest Nintendo books I read.

If I remember correctly, it actually went and talked about some of the back story on Dracula and the Belmont family.

A Castlevania movie could be pretty damn cool if they didn't worry about special effects and focused on the storyline. But hell, you could say the same thing about 75% of the movies in Hollywood.

anyone else remember the mario and link choose your own adventure books? those were awesome as well...man i need these books

A book about Infiltrator? WTF?

BTW, the book based on Bionic Commando is a great book to read if you want to get hungry. Every other page it seems The Bionic Commando is stopped off in a neutral zone to eat pizza, tacos, or other typical teenage fare.

I was actually going to post about the Choose Your Own Adventure books. Those were some of the coolest books ever.

They had all kinds of different scenarios in them. The best one was the ninja book.

I read the one where Bowser switched everyone's bodies, and yoshi was like mario, mario was princess, and some other shit happened. I won that one (booyaa!)

bread's done
Back