Circuit City Black Friday Ad - Disappointing

[quote name='Tyga24']Good looking out Roufuss....House is a steal at that price. Good price on Everybody Hates Chris also.[/QUOTE]

It's an ok ad... the stuff that is on sale and not a repeat of Best Buy looks to be 50% off except for House (which is like 80%), and that is really awesome but I don't know why Circuit City is putting alot of OLD DVD set's on sale =/

I got excited that the Family Guy was the new one coming out but it's just the very first set.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's an ok ad... the stuff that is on sale and not a repeat of Best Buy looks to be 50% off except for House (which is like 80%), and that is really awesome but I don't know why Circuit City is putting alot of OLD DVD set's on sale =/

I got excited that the Family Guy was the new one coming out but it's just the very first set.[/quote]

Actually, looking over the ad, that is House Season 1 on sale, not season 2.

[quote name='Roufuss']Looking at the Circuit City ad now... some awesome deals here.

House Season 2 - $12.99
South Park Season 8 - $18.99
My Name is Earl - $18.99
Everybody Hates Chris - $18.99
Boondocks - $18.99

http://www.blackfriday.info/images/circuitcity.pdf

Here's the rest of the ad... some $5.99 DVD's but not nearly as many awesome deals on movies as Best Buy.[/quote]

It's Season 1 on House...had my hopes up

Um...no, it's Season 2, look closely, it even says Season 2 in the ad scan. Also, Season 2 has the orange background, Season 1 had a blue background.

Here's a picture of Season 2:

http://www.amazon.com/House-M-D-Sea...ef=pd_bbs_1/104-9363393-3547960?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

It's the exact same one that is in the ad. Where are you people getting Season 1 from?

EDIT: I zoomed in on the image, and yea, they DO list it as Season 1 BUT they used the picture from Season 2, so who knows what the fuck they meant. If anything, I'll just take it down to Wal-Mart since the pictures match up, or fight over it at Circuit City... that one is hard to tell.

Anyways, I changed the thread title... I guess I'll take this one down to Wal-Mart and get them to match it since they will only look at the picture.

That's really fucking disappointing.

The Office Season 1 is $8.99... I'll guess I'll be waking up early to get that and Harvest Moon DS for $16.99.

Would they PM their own BF prices if we get them early?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']The Office Season 1 is $8.99... I'll guess I'll be waking up early to get that and Harvest Moon DS for $16.99.

Would they PM their own BF prices if we get them early?[/QUOTE]

Nope, chances are they won't.

[quote name='Roufuss']Um...no, it's Season 2, look closely, it even says Season 2 in the ad scan. Also, Season 2 has the orange background, Season 1 had a blue background.

Here's a picture of Season 2:

http://www.amazon.com/House-M-D-Season-Two/dp/B000FVQLIO/sr=8-1/qid=1163113870/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-9363393-3547960?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

It's the exact same one that is in the ad. Where are you people getting Season 1 from?

EDIT: I zoomed in on the image, and yea, they DO list it as Season 1 BUT they used the picture from Season 2, so who knows what the fuck they meant. If anything, I'll just take it down to Wal-Mart since the pictures match up, or fight over it at Circuit City... that one is hard to tell.

Anyways, I changed the thread title... I guess I'll take this one down to Wal-Mart and get them to match it since they will only look at the picture.

That's really fucking disappointing.[/quote]

It's the usual CC gaffe. I'm pretty sure it's going to be Season 1 since most of the other DVD's it's paired with at $12.99 are first season sets. As you said, your best chance is a preicematch if you want Season 2 at that price. Still a great price for those that don't have Season 1 of House yet. A lot of the same titles are offered between both BB a dn CC stores so that's good for those that can only be at one store. Here's hoping BB offers the DVD sets online like they did last year. Then I can go to CC and pick up some of this stuff.

If I lived in the US, I'd spend so much on this sale it wouldn't be funny.

Everyone MUST get The Little Mermaid and Monster House at 8.99 THATS INSANE
A couple of the 5.99 DVDs
Boondocks Season 1 (I really want to see that series)
Cooking Mama and SM:Strikers for 16.99
Bunch 'o' 2 for 8's
Desperate Housewives PC Game :p
Some 4.99 games
The Killers and Nickelback CD (and the 6.99 Beyonce CD)

Man...I want Circuit City! How the hell is this dissapointing?

IMO its better than the BB ad. I guess you already have the titles you want. I have most the titles that I would want from the ad but they are cheaper than what I paid for them.

These titles alone are crazy priced.
Little Mermaid for 8.99 (disney classics hardly ever drop this low)
Office Season 1 for 8.99
Grey's Anatomy Season 1 for 8.99
Lots of classics in the 2 for 8 i.e. Ferris Buellers, Dazed and Confused, Meet the Parents, etc
Good choices for 5.99

I'm going to have to disagree with you Roufuss about BB > CC this ad cycle.

Circuit City's DVD prices aren't great, but there's some hot stuff there. Besides Arrested Development Season 3, I can't say I'm jived about the stuff at Best Buy now.

[quote name='furyk']I'm going to have to disagree with you Roufuss about BB > CC this ad cycle.

Circuit City's DVD prices aren't great, but there's some hot stuff there. Besides Arrested Development Season 3, I can't say I'm jived about the stuff at Best Buy now.[/QUOTE]

I just put it there because I'm pissed at the House mix up ;)

I'll pick up a few DVD sets there like Everybody Hates Chris (I never catch it on UPN but I like the show).

I'd like a nice 37"+ HDTV but most likely, these stores will have about 3 in stock, and sell out instantly. These big HDTVs at $1000 or less are tempting. :)

[quote name='Roufuss']I just put it there because I'm pissed at the House mix up ;)

I'll pick up a few DVD sets there like Everybody Hates Chris (I never catch it on UPN but I like the show).[/QUOTE]

Well you could always try price matching at Wal Mart and circling the item in a big black marker to make it "easier" for the cashier to find.

bread's done
Back