WWF Invasion, $5.40 Shipped @ Overstock.com

CouRageouS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
192294.jpg

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=554544

Sure glad theres a new DVD forum. I found this browsing their bargain bin the other day. I'm not sure if this was the first PPV when wCw came in or not. Though I know its not the unification one cause that was Survivor Series. Pretty good DVD for wrestling fans, not to mention you can see guys you probably won't ever see on TV again.

Card:

Edge & Christian VS Lance Storm & Mike Awesome

Earl Hebner VS Nick Patrick (Mick Foley as Special Guest Referee)

APA (WWF Tag Champs) VS Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo (wCw Tag Champs)

Billy Kidman (Cruiserweight Champ) VS X-Pac (Light Heavyweight Champ)

Raven VS William Regal

Albert, Billy Gunn & Albert VS Shawn Staziak, Chris Kanyon & Hugh Morris

Tazz vs. Yoshihiro Taijiri

Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy (Hardcore Champ)

(Bra & Panties Match) Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Torrie Wilson & Stacy Keibler

Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Kane, Kurt Angle & WWF Champion Steve Austin vs. The Dudley Boyz, Rhyno, Diamond Dallas Page & WCW United States & World Champion Booker T

Anyone know who had the European and Intercontinental belt at this time?

Yea the only WWE DVD I would buy are the last couple Wrestlemanias. The last one for Benoit winning the title, and the WM20 to watch the crowd booing the hell outta Lesnar. Already have 19 and that was pretty good for all the extras. I'll probably get the Summerslam DVD when it comes out so I can see Orton win the strap.

Albert (!!!!) was your Intercontinental champ at that point, although he would lose it to Lance Storm the very next night. Matt Hardy was European champ.

It wasn't the greatest PPV, but personally I think it's a bit underrated and had some decent matches, although it's still looked at somewhat as the start of the downfall of the WWF.

Haha Albert? I thought maybe Test, Rikishi, or Jericho had it. And I do remember Matt Hardy having the Euro belt, I believe DDP took it from him.

Test would have the IC belt for a few days toward the end of the year, but Jericho basically did next to nothing title wise, but he won the big one when he won the Unification tournament that December.

The Hurricane would take the Euro belt from Matt (ending his 4 months with the belt), followed by Bradshaw, Christian, then DDP, who would retire not too long after losing it (although he popped up in a match in Hawaii a couple weeks ago).

Everyone should buy this simply to see the DDT that Jeff Hardy hits on RVD. Jeff like runs and twists into into it, and RVD goes stiff ass a board. The end result is RVD maintaining his stiff as a board position while Jeff's force bounces him about a foot off the ground. I must have slow-motioned that 100 times.

[quote name='Mafia']Test would have the IC belt for a few days toward the end of the year, but Jericho basically did next to nothing title wise, but he won the big one when he won the Unification tournament that December.

The Hurricane would take the Euro belt from Matt (ending his 4 months with the belt), followed by Bradshaw, Christian, then DDP, who would retire not too long after losing it (although he popped up in a match in Hawaii a couple weeks ago).[/quote]
Ahh the Hurricane! That was like the coolest/funniest new gimmick! I loved when he would try to chokeslam like Kane or the Big Show. My favorite match of his was the time he chokeslammed Tajiri and the look on his face after he actually did it. What I didn't like was when he left the Cruiserweight division and it seemed like he fought Ric Flair every week.

On a side note..anyone know where else I could get some cheap classic PPVs? Anywhere besides deepdiscountdvd would be a nice suggestion.

I know Media Play/Suncoast sell some cheap dvds. Before they closed around here I used to go up every few weeks to see what they had. But most of what sells for $10 are the old 80's stuff like Turnbuckle Memories. Although they do have some of the 98 PPV's (no features or chapter stops) for $10-15.

Actually, i remember EB and Gamestops having some cheap DVD's, as long as you don't mind getting used discs. Picked up King of the Ring 2000 a couple months ago for $10.

Also found the Hall of Fame dvd for $18 at Circuit City, if your interested.

The reason DDP retired is because Baldcore Holly broke his neck doing a superplex at a house show i believe. but he is better now, but his doctors advised him not to come back. one more bad spot and hes done walking for good.

HEY I'M NEW TO THIS THREAD, I JUST WANNA KNOW IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS WHERE TO GET THIS WWF INVASION DVD. I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW WHERE TO GET OTHER PAST WWE WWF DVDS AS THEY WERE UNIQUE. IF ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

[quote name='V_Entertainment']HEY I'M NEW TO THIS THREAD, I JUST WANNA KNOW IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS WHERE TO GET THIS WWF INVASION DVD. I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW WHERE TO GET OTHER PAST WWE WWF DVDS AS THEY WERE UNIQUE. IF ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

What do you mean by they were unique?

I did too. I don't have any wrestling videos, but this one looked pretty good. I wish they'd release every wrestlemania on dvd. I used to be a huge fan of wwf. My favorite match ever was Lex Lugar vs Yokozuna in Wrestlemania X. Awesome. I find it rather cheesy now, but I guess it's because I'm older.

[quote name='tayaf69']I did too. I don't have any wrestling videos, but this one looked pretty good. I wish they'd release every wrestlemania on dvd. I used to be a huge fan of wwf. My favorite match ever was Lex Lugar vs Yokozuna in Wrestlemania X. Awesome. I find it rather cheesy now, but I guess it's because I'm older.[/QUOTE]

The Complete WrestleMania Collection will be released November 1. You can buy all 21 in one collection, or by sets of 5 (1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20).

[quote name='Saucy Jack']The Complete WrestleMania Collection will be released November 1. You can buy all 21 in one collection, or by sets of 5 (1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20).[/QUOTE]
How much would that cost? This is excellent news!

It will retail for $279.95 and should be available November 1st! That price is really good, it amounts to $13.99 per Wrestlemania. Then consider that DDD will probably have it for cheaper... combine that with the next 20% off sale (which should arrive right in time for this set) and you are looking at one hell of a deal.

wrestlemania-dvd-anthology-20050826.jpg

bread's done
Back