colorado, ho!

yeah-yeah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
The latest thread I saw in this forum for Colorado is nearly 5 months old, so I figured I'd give a shout and see if anyone was out there.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone Wii hunting this weekend?

[quote name='Pootie Thang']What the hell is Bueller and I'm in Westminster, CO. I already have a Wii Pre-ordered but I will be camping for a PS3.[/quote]

Where at? I'm camping for a PS3 too. I already have a Wii preordered at amazon though.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']What the hell is Bueller and I'm in Westminster, CO. I already have a Wii Pre-ordered but I will be camping for a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Bueller, as in Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It's a reference to that movie.

I'm heading to the Superior Costco tomorrow to look for a Wii. I doubt I'll bother hunting if I don't find one there.

[quote name='shortshire']I'll wait till most of the bugs are out of the new systems before i think about buying one.[/quote]

Thats cool but its a Nintendo! Thats quailty right there.

I'm really conflicted about the system. As much as I want to play Zelda, shelling 40 bucks per remote feel excessive. As of right now, I'm still planning on hunting for one tomorrow.

Hey ya'll first post...here in the Springs during blizzard '06 part 2 hehe! I'm planning to get a Wii when I can, then a 360 maybe...but I may just fix up my PC also.

The weather in Colorado Springs sucks. I'm sick of these winter storms coming in right before the weekend, only to leave Sunday evening...

[quote name='Pylis']The weather in Colorado Springs sucks. I'm sick of these winter storms coming in right before the weekend, only to leave Sunday evening...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm sick of this that's why I'm going out to Hawaii for over a month.

It's been 4 days since anyone has even bothered to post on here but, it looks like the weather is getting nicer. Though that could be wrong. Anyhow, seems like there's not a whole lot of CAGs from Colorado (that or many, many lurkers). Oh yeah...from the Thornton area...anyone else?!

[quote name='LXL_Guy']It's been 4 days since anyone has even bothered to post on here but, it looks like the weather is getting nicer. Though that could be wrong. Anyhow, seems like there's not a whole lot of CAGs from Colorado (that or many, many lurkers). Oh yeah...from the Thornton area...anyone else?![/quote]

Lol, its supposed to snow this weekend. Again. *Shakes fist*

I'm in Denver county for the time being.

Are there any Fort Collins CAGs? I was thinking about driving up to Larimer to visist some old friends and I'm wondering if any of the kmarts up north have anything at all :)

[quote name='moojuice']Zomg, where? West- Arvada here.[/QUOTE]

Northern Arvada here. Cool, I didn't know that there were many cheapassgamers near me. :)

Has anyone seen a Wii at Costco in the Denver-ish area? I've only been to the Louisville Costco and have only seen games. Not that I need a Wii, but chicks dig 'em.

Has anyone been to the Westminster TRU for Super Mario Galaxy? It's a ways out of my way, but I have to hit the airport on Friday, so I figured I'd try to nab a copy on my way and get the gift card.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Wow, not many CAGs here in Colorado I'd say or there are many, just that they might be lurkers.[/QUOTE]

It seems as though most of them are in the Springs and NW Denver/Arvada area. I'd say definitely Arvada cause that Kmart is always picked clean. I did pick up a couple copies of Kirby Air Ride @ $13.99 there, which was a nice deal. I think the Arvada Kmart people didn't even realize that was worth buying to flip at retail even =P

I think there are definitely some in Fort Collins too, I stop by stores when visiting friends up there and almost never find anything good.

[quote name='freshzen']It seems as though most of them are in the Springs and NW Denver/Arvada area. I'd say definitely Arvada cause that Kmart is always picked clean. I did pick up a couple copies of Kirby Air Ride @ $13.99 there, which was a nice deal. I think the Arvada Kmart people didn't even realize that was worth buying to flip at retail even =P

I think there are definitely some in Fort Collins too, I stop by stores when visiting friends up there and almost never find anything good.[/quote]
That store (Kipling, right?), I usually stay away from, because the workers scare me for some reason.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']It seems like a lot of lurkers are in Westminster as well, if not some hoarder[/quote

I definately got to agree on that.

[quote name='LXL_Guy'][quote name='Pootie Thang']It seems like a lot of lurkers are in Westminster as well, if not some hoarder[/quote

I definately got to agree on that.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I think that I only get in on about 5% of the deals that I attempt because everything is already gone when I get to stores there. o_O

If anyone is interested, there is a new gamestore called "Play N Trade Video Games" on Kipling, somewhere between 58th and I-70 (I think maybe 50th? Its in that complex with the Supertarget, Einsteins, Qdoba, right next to Quiznos). After searching countless stores for the Wii zapper, I found it there. I didn't look at prices for games, but that store has a VERY nice setup. Heck, they even have the Wiimore/Nunchuck sitting out there so you can play. I talked a bit with one of the employees there, but I didn't realize that I didn't catch his name until after I left (I think it was Scott though). Seems like it has a really good chance of surviving. Their website is www.playntradeco.com, and they are a national chain with about 300 stores IIRC from what I asked him. If you run into a tall, older bald man, just tell them that Alan, the asian/german kid sent ya ;). But seriously, it is very nice looking compared to other stores (GC,EB, GS, Buy Back Games, etc.), nice staff from my experience. Didn't even ask me about trades, warranty, and all that stuff.

[quote name='moojuice']If anyone is interested, there is a new gamestore called "Play N Trade Video Games" on Kipling, somewhere between 58th and I-70 (I think maybe 50th? Its in that complex with the Supertarget, Einsteins, Qdoba, right next to Quiznos). After searching countless stores for the Wii zapper, I found it there. I didn't look at prices for games, but that store has a VERY nice setup. Heck, they even have the Wiimore/Nunchuck sitting out there so you can play. I talked a bit with one of the employees there, but I didn't realize that I didn't catch his name until after I left (I think it was Scott though). Seems like it has a really good chance of surviving. Their website is www.playntradeco.com, and they are a national chain with about 300 stores IIRC from what I asked him. If you run into a tall, older bald man, just tell them that Alan, the asian/german kid sent ya ;). But seriously, it is very nice looking compared to other stores (GC,EB, GS, Buy Back Games, etc.), nice staff from my experience. Didn't even ask me about trades, warranty, and all that stuff.[/quote]

I've seen it as I have driven by. I have been waiting for it to open. It's in the shopping center with the Target @ I-70 and Kipling in Arvada. The guy who owns it has a demon seed for a child. All in all I have heard that its a great store to visit but they are using the same trade-in system as our lovely folks at EBstop.

[quote name='moojuice']If anyone is interested, there is a new gamestore called "Play N Trade Video Games" on Kipling, somewhere between 58th and I-70 (I think maybe 50th? Its in that complex with the Supertarget, Einsteins, Qdoba, right next to Quiznos). After searching countless stores for the Wii zapper, I found it there. I didn't look at prices for games, but that store has a VERY nice setup. Heck, they even have the Wiimore/Nunchuck sitting out there so you can play. I talked a bit with one of the employees there, but I didn't realize that I didn't catch his name until after I left (I think it was Scott though). Seems like it has a really good chance of surviving. Their website is www.playntradeco.com, and they are a national chain with about 300 stores IIRC from what I asked him. If you run into a tall, older bald man, just tell them that Alan, the asian/german kid sent ya ;). But seriously, it is very nice looking compared to other stores (GC,EB, GS, Buy Back Games, etc.), nice staff from my experience. Didn't even ask me about trades, warranty, and all that stuff.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. it's a little out of the way for me, but if i'm ever in the area, i'll check it out.

i spotted the zapper at the Westminster TRU earlier this week for $20.00. i passed on it, though, and swapped my Big Brain Academy from the B2G1 for Trauma Center.

bread's done
Back