Wii Sports Cover Art Project

Survivor Charlie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
As many of you know, Wii Sports does not come in a standard Wii case, but rather a cheap, flimsy cardboard sleeve. This is unexceptable. Thus I'm issuing a challenge to the members of Cheap Ass Gamer.

I know you guys are very creative and highly talented. Certainly more so then I am. We need a slip cover for a DVD case for Wii Sports. I know someone here will come up with a really good one.

[quote name='Strell']I'm in yur thread, lookin' for Wii Sportz coverz.[/QUOTE]

lolioz, wut teh fux dude i thought i was teh kittiez, joo make it seem like you teh kittiez tho?!!? i guess we both r t3h kittiezz..

lawlz, anywayz i f0und tis on teh googz:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9958/blankcoveraf9.jpg

Ok, I'll stop talking like that now.

I'm too lazy right to try to whip something up, but I'm sure somebody can do this. Where's Moxio when you need him? *Moxio Alert Call* I'll to take a stab at this tomorrow though.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Wow that looks good. Now I have to find a white DVD case...[/quote]

Seems like Target is the best bet. I haven't been yet, but I keep hearing about the white DVD case that some DVD demo comes in. I'm gonna grab one tommorow after school.

[quote name='valor19']http://www.freewebs.com/shatoda/wii.png

Made by ryan2103a at the ign forums. Looks good except for the "adults only" rating, lol.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty good! I never printed a cover before.. so are these already sized for it?? All I'd have to do it just.. print it and then everything would be just fine?

I have a preview disc from Target... so, I have a white case :)

Man, if they're gonna take the time to make a cover like that, at least put the controller designs in the corner properly. Needs to be a "4" remote and the nunchuk.

I'm in the process of making one. Obviously, there havent been much Wii SPorts images. Even if someone was to scan the Wii Sports, it wouldnt be that good as to the stock digital images that Nintendo should release.

[quote name='iazybandit']I'm in the process of making one. Obviously, there havent been much Wii SPorts images. Even if someone was to scan the Wii Sports, it wouldnt be that good as to the stock digital images that Nintendo should release.[/quote]Nintendo doesn't really offer up high resolution cover art for their games. You might get something of decent size, but not printable. The best bet is a scan of the sleeve and manipulated to fit on a DVD insert.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Wow that looks good. Now I have to find a white DVD case...[/QUOTE]
Try your local GS/EB. I stopped by GS to pick up Trauma Center and they were cycling out a lot of the display cases. I guess they had more Wii display cases than they needed so they were going to pitch them. Saved 2 from the garbage and asked for them to hold any more they were going to get rid of...

[quote name='daroga']Nintendo doesn't really offer up high resolution cover art for their games. You might get something of decent size, but not printable. The best bet is a scan of the sleeve and manipulated to fit on a DVD insert.[/QUOTE]
I didnt mean actual cover art but I meant images in general.

[quote name='Starky27']Try your local GS/EB. I stopped by GS to pick up Trauma Center and they were cycling out a lot of the display cases. I guess they had more Wii display cases than they needed so they were going to pitch them. Saved 2 from the garbage and asked for them to hold any more they were going to get rid of...[/quote]

That's a great idea! I'll try there tomorrow.

Chances are that once the Wii is released, Nintendo will probably sell Wii cases in their online store since they sold the GameCube cases there, but getting them for free from EB/GS would be even better!

blankcoveraf9.jpg

this is a great thread...i like the hand drawn wii sports covers. maybe those are the real ones and just actual scans...!

T. Foolery

[quote name='lilboo']iazy, that's really nice!!

You gonna share so we can download too?! I would LOVE to use that!
:)[/QUOTE]
Just finalizing the size to make sure it prints fine.

Wow iazy that is awesome good job =P, I'm guessing that little guy in the bottom is you? Lol I was gunna say you should take it out, but if its you I guess you deserve the credit for it.

I guess the Mii character on the spine fits perfectly. Regardless of who it is.. the Mii characters ARE the characters in the game. Hurry up, I wanna print this LOL ;)

[quote name='Spades22']Wow iazy that is awesome good job =P, I'm guessing that little guy in the bottom is you? Lol I was gunna say you should take it out, but if its you I guess you deserve the credit for it.[/QUOTE]
I thought about putting me on it (i wear glasses) but decided to just make a normal Mii character since it goes along with the game

[quote name='lilboo']I guess the Mii character on the spine fits perfectly. Regardless of who it is.. the Mii characters ARE the characters in the game. Hurry up, I wanna print this LOL ;)[/QUOTE]
Wont be up till probably weekend or Monday. Printer at work is broken so I'm having gf print it out for me at her job

[quote name='iazybandit']Wont be up till probably weekend or Monday. Printer at work is broken so I'm having gf print it out for me at her job[/QUOTE]

Sounds good :)

[quote name='daroga']iazy wins. :)

That in the 200-300dpi range? :)[/QUOTE]
Dont remember. Regardless, image will not look sharp. There was no high res images. So images where from taken from the web. Even if I was to put it at 300dpi, images would be distorted, blurry and pixelated.

I'm a graphic designer so the images were put together in photoshop. Since PS sucks when it comes to text, the text in the back cover was put into InDesign since it would come out more clearer. Majority of the images was from that template that is floating on the web. The Wii Sports Cover was off the web (PAL version) and I shrunk it down just a little bit. Plus the PAL version of Wii Sports is a red color to the white, so I made it all white and the cover is US version. No PAL ratings or anything. The Wii Sports logo on the spine was from Nintendos site. ESRB ratings were taken off the web. Nintendo Logo were taken off the web (high res images). The screenshots of the games were from IGN.

Well personally I'm not lookin for High-Res. Just something plain and simple and ISN'T blurry.

Doesn't gotta be tip top perfection with color. :)

You know we shoudl talk to CheapyD about starting a sub-forum for custom game covers where users can submit work and also give tips to others I mean I'd love to be able to do stuff like that just not that talented and not really sure how to do it.

Any way to post a PDF? I took one that someone on IGN boards made and vectorized most of it, and changed out the screenshots for higher-res ones.

[quote name='megashock5']Any way to post a PDF? I took one that someone on IGN boards made and vectorized most of it, and changed out the screenshots for higher-res ones.[/quote]

Awesome megashock5! (per usual :D ) - you can post a link to a .pdf on rapidshare or megaupload or something and people can DL from there.

I made one that is 300dpi. Images look blurry but what do you expect when you're enlarging an image.

With the 300dpi version, I fixed the text in the bottom section. I retyped everything that was on there..well for the most part. Some of the text was from a different game so obviously I didnt include that.

mega upload worked just fine...that is a great cover thanks a ton! by the way, biggest pdf file i've ever seen haha, 56.6 megs.

T. Foolery

So how do you print this? I just downloaded it.. and.. it's HUGE LOL

Do I just hit.. print?
Or do I have to change anything? ::confused::

I never printed a game cover before, so pardon my n00bness ^_^

[quote name='Dijital']You know we shoudl talk to CheapyD about starting a sub-forum for custom game covers where users can submit work and also give tips to others I mean I'd love to be able to do stuff like that just not that talented and not really sure how to do it.[/QUOTE]

www.thecoverproject.net

Is basically a spinoff from all the cover projects here at CAG.

Yeah, the file is huge - sorry about that, it's an Illustrator file kicked out to PDF and I tried to keep the bitmap pieces as hi res as I could find them.

Since I'm leaving, this megaupload hasnt finished downloading. IF someone hasnt resized the image, I'll do it tomorrow when I come in.

Mind you, you'll probably need a legal sized paper (8.5x14). Normal paper is just a bit small due to the margins when printing. If you dont care that its a little smaller and cut off, then print on normal sized paper (8.5x11)

Finally got it to finish printing but the bottom back section (under the images) wont show up in JPEG format.

[quote name='lilboo']So how do I print this? LOL[/QUOTE]
Just go to print preview or print settings for the image and FIT TO PAGE or something like that.

sorry I'm not much help on the printing - I guess it depends on what you're printing from. I'll be printing from Illustrator and I'll print it as wide as it can go on an 8.5x11 sheet of photo paper since that's as big as my printer does.

Most apps should let you spec a size in the print dialog.

Also, you can go to www.neato.com and download their template for a dvd sleeve as a guide.

Wow, thanks everyone.

But now I don't know if I want to just make a hilarious handmade cover, or print a more "professional" one.

bread's done
Back