Wii at midnight in Montgomery?

jah2004

CAGiversary!
Just wondering if anyone in Montgomery/Prattville are is planning on waiting for a Wii at midnight. I guess the only real way here is Walmart right? I have been on the fence about getting one immediately, but Im so stoked about the system that I think I am gonna do it. Im gonna call the Walmarts, but does anybody have any idea of how many Wiis they are going to get in around here? I dont see that much of a problem getting one but you never know in Montgomery.

I'm not buying my Wii right away, but I'll prolly float around to the Wal-Marts and stuff just to see the people.

And Wal-Mart, yes your best bet (or Target or Best Buy). Circuit City is definitely not a place to go for Wii. They only have 4. (eeek, I forgot you specified Midnight XD) Walmart has a minimum of... ahhh, I can't remember, but with 5 Wal-Marts in the area (including Wetumpka), you should be good to go.

Good luck if you do decide to go for it :D

If I've been drinking, I might get out and take a look. I'll be coming back from Tuscaloosa after the game, so I'm sure I'll have some booze in me.

There are plenty of rural Wal Marts around us though.. you could check Clanton, or go down 231 if you strike out at midnight around here. I may wait until Sunday at Best Buy or something though, who knows.

I posted this in another thread, but what about the douche bags camping in front of Best Buy for the PS3? There were 8 when I went by last night, and I believe they were in their tents during the weather. Fun Zone is literally less than a mile from my house! I came home for lunch, and stayed there for about 3 hours due to the roads being flooded by my house. fucking nuts, I say.

From what I've been told... CC is only getting 6 PS3's, Sears 1, and Best Buy 20. I believe the Wii #'s are going to average around 30 a store. Hell.. maybe Rhino is doing something. Has anybody checked that?

[quote name='Skylander7']
I posted this in another thread, but what about the douche bags camping in front of Best Buy for the PS3? There were 8 when I went by last night, and I believe they were in their tents during the weather. Fun Zone is literally less than a mile from my house! I came home for lunch, and stayed there for about 3 hours due to the roads being flooded by my house. fucking nuts, I say.[/quote]

Yeah I heard about those guys. There were also people camping at Target for PS3, though I heard they only got 2 in. Im not sure if thats right but I wouldnt doubt it. fucking nuts indeed. And yeah I saw Funzone too. That was awful.

Not advertised, but I believe Rhino will be open till midnight Saturday to sell them. I'd call the store and check. Plus, since it's right by Wal-Mart, you have a backup plan.

[quote name='NekoTsukimi']I dropped by Wal-Mart in Prattville around 6 tonight. There were some happy bored people in line :D

[/QUOTE]

Oh damn that rules! I would've been there (likely slightly intoxicated) if I still lived in Prattville. Looks like your typical Prattvillian crowd.. sittin in Walmart on a Sat. night to spend momma's money :)

Nice job on the pics.. I tried to take some of the BB chaos of Montgomery while visiting somebody I knew in line for the George Foreman 3, but the cam died.

wow, your walmart let you wait inside? The one I tried had us wait outside... and I assure you it was colder where I live than where you live.

[quote name='Skylander7']Oh damn that rules! I would've been there (likely slightly intoxicated) if I still lived in Prattville. Looks like your typical Prattvillian crowd.. sittin in Walmart on a Sat. night to spend momma's money :)

Nice job on the pics.. I tried to take some of the BB chaos of Montgomery while visiting somebody I knew in line for the George Foreman 3, but the cam died.[/quote]

Gotta love the cameraphone. I didn't wanna freak the people out. I just snapped their picutres and blurred their faces since I didn't ask XD

[quote name='Negronometry']I was the PSP dude. I forgot to bring my DS, didn't think I was really going to play it.[/quote]

XD Nice to see I passed you. Was nice passing by you :D Hope to pass by you again maybe.

[quote name='NekoTsukimi']XD Nice to see I passed you. Was nice passing by you :D Hope to pass by you again maybe.[/quote]Yea, if you are in the Montgomery area, I'll probably bump into you sometime or another.

[quote name='Negronometry']Yea, if you are in the Montgomery area, I'll probably bump into you sometime or another.[/quote]

Yep. I'm a Montgomerian. The Wal-Mart in Prattville was the most convenient one for me (until they built the Ann Street one) since I live so close to the city limit...

[quote name='NekoTsukimi']Yep. I'm a Montgomerian. The Wal-Mart in Prattville was the most convenient one for me (until they built the Ann Street one) since I live so close to the city limit...[/quote]Well, I've been a Prattvillian for awhile, but I work and go to school in Montgomery so I'm there most of the time. I still haven't been to the Ann Street Wally World yet. I get the feeling that I'm not missing anything though.

[quote name='Negronometry']Well, I've been a Prattvillian for awhile, but I work and go to school in Montgomery so I'm there most of the time. I still haven't been to the Ann Street Wally World yet. I get the feeling that I'm not missing anything though.[/quote]

It's completely empty all the time. So you really are missing exactly nothing (except the ability to check out in a timely fashion) and of course poor stocking (nothing's ever in-stock).

[quote name='NekoTsukimi']It's completely empty all the time. So you really are missing exactly nothing (except the ability to check out in a timely fashion) and of course poor stocking (nothing's ever in-stock).[/quote]Thats cool, I'll have to stop by there sometime. P'ville's Wal-Mart just isn't my cup of tea sometimes. Especially the electronics department. People sometimes are just rude or they never know what the hell you are talking about when you ask them a question.

[quote name='Negronometry']Well, I've been a Prattvillian for awhile, but I work and go to school in Montgomery so I'm there most of the time. I still haven't been to the Ann Street Wally World yet. I get the feeling that I'm not missing anything though.[/quote]

I sleep in Prattville but go to school and work in Montgomery too. You dont go to AUM do you? I was going to get in that line in Pville for a Wii but like an idiot I thought I would waltz right in on Sunday morning and get one. And I was number 19 out of 18 available Wiis at BB this morning. Damn. And you arent missing anything at Ann Street WM, although nobody is ever playing Guitar hero when I go in so thats a plus. Did you get a Wii at Walmart that night? What about you, Neko?

[quote name='jah2004']I sleep in Prattville but go to school and work in Montgomery too. You dont go to AUM do you? I was going to get in that line in Pville for a Wii but like an idiot I thought I would waltz right in on Sunday morning and get one. And I was number 19 out of 18 available Wiis at BB this morning. Damn. And you arent missing anything at Ann Street WM, although nobody is ever playing Guitar hero when I go in so thats a plus. Did you get a Wii at Walmart that night? What about you, Neko?[/quote]Yup, got my Wii that night. I don't know if you could tell in that pic but I was number 4 in line. I got there around 4:30 ish that night. I was initially told by a friend that worked there that they would have about 40 to 50 Wii's but when he finally checked, they only got 29 Wii's and 29 people showed up. What are the chances. All my friends we're thinking that it was going to be easy to get one, and honestly, I didn't think anyone was going to show up. It surpised the hell out of me when I finally stopped playing my PSP and looked up to see how the line was growing early on that night. Oh and yea, I go to AUM. Only taking 1 class this semester though so I'm up there Monday and Wednesday nights. I might just go to the Ann Street Wal-Mart just to play Guitar Hero. Those damn kids are always taking up the aisle playing at Prattville, and I hate to be rude and stand in people's way. MOVE THOSE :booty:CHEEKS!!

Im not dying to buy one right this moment but hopefully im going to get one from target. and in the worst case i might wait until Smash Bros brawl comes out and grab a wii and zelda with it. smash online is going to be awesome. but yeah i hav been stopping in the pville walmart late at night to play guitar hero so i know the employees must be annoyed wih me by now. im hooked on that right now though.

[quote name='jah2004']Im not dying to buy one right this moment but hopefully im going to get one from target. and in the worst case i might wait until Smash Bros brawl comes out and grab a wii and zelda with it. smash online is going to be awesome. but yeah i hav been stopping in the pville walmart late at night to play guitar hero so i know the employees must be annoyed wih me by now. im hooked on that right now though.[/quote]I really need to get that game. I have been holding off on getting it for so long. The music game that I was hooked on for the longest was Beatmainia. I know the game was getting some negative reveiws based on the difficulty but I totally loved the game. I might pick up Guitar Hero after Christmas though, gotta love gift cards.

never played beatmania but i was hooked on taiko drum master for the longest. i usually go back and play it after i play guitar hero. but if i get any gift cards GH will be mine. I never played the first GHthough only II. Dont know which one I should get. II has a lot of great songs.

[quote name='jah2004']never played beatmania but i was hooked on taiko drum master for the longest. i usually go back and play it after i play guitar hero. but if i get any gift cards GH will be mine. I never played the first GHthough only II. Dont know which one I should get. II has a lot of great songs.[/quote]Thats what I heard was the big complaint with the first one, that there wasn't a whole lot of good songs on there. If anything, I'll probably pick up the first second GH and if I enjoy that I'll go back and pick up the first one. They both use the same guitar controller right? It's stupid that I never thought about looking into that. I picked up Taiko Drum Master from TRU a lil' while back for 20 bucks. Played it a couple times but haven't broken it out since. It's definitely a fun game. Me and my friend were commenting on if/would they do a Taiko Drum Master on the Wii.

Finally got one of the damned things this morning, but there aren't any classic controllers to be found anywhere. I found another Wiimote for the g/f at WalMart on Atl. Hwy. this afternoon (they had 2 left if anybody's interested), but didn't see any nunchucks either.

BB had 18 units this morning, and 19 showed up to get it. No restock on any accessories whatsoever. Picked up Zelda as well, but I'm fighting even opening it without having component cables.

On a side note, in the quest for the spare Wiimote this afternoon, we went to Target to scope the place. The clearance endcap had been raped of course, but I was a little surprised at the old folks walking around with full Depends. There was this guy who had to have filled his old man diaper to the rim, because he reeked of shite. A similiar situation at TRU, but it mixed with the cheap perfume to create an odd smell (along with our TRU's old and moldy odor, especially on items yanked from the game closet).

[quote name='Skylander7']Finally got one of the damned things this morning, but there aren't any classic controllers to be found anywhere. I found another Wiimote for the g/f at WalMart on Atl. Hwy. this afternoon (they had 2 left if anybody's interested), but didn't see any nunchucks either.

BB had 18 units this morning, and 19 showed up to get it. No restock on any accessories whatsoever. Picked up Zelda as well, but I'm fighting even opening it without having component cables.

On a side note, in the quest for the spare Wiimote this afternoon, we went to Target to scope the place. The clearance endcap had been raped of course, but I was a little surprised at the old folks walking around with full Depends. There was this guy who had to have filled his old man diaper to the rim, because he reeked of shite. A similiar situation at TRU, but it mixed with the cheap perfume to create an odd smell (along with our TRU's old and moldy odor, especially on items yanked from the game closet).[/quote]I always feel weird when I go into TRU. It feels and looks old as hell and I just hate how unorganized that place is.

[quote name='Negronometry']I always feel weird when I go into TRU. It feels and looks old as hell and I just hate how unorganized that place is.[/QUOTE]

If you think that's bad, just imagine the game closet. A couple of years back, they had stacks of Zelda Master Quest and Zelda CE discs in the back. I happened to see them through a window, and talked one of the associates into letting me have most of them. They rang up at a penny a piece. I'm willing to bet they have all sorts of odd shit back there; during the green tag clearances, I'd see almost any game I wanted in the back, although no tickets were out on the floor. I'd go to the security desk, ask for them to print a ticket, and scored.

[quote name='Skylander7']If you think that's bad, just imagine the game closet. A couple of years back, they had stacks of Zelda Master Quest and Zelda CE discs in the back. I happened to see them through a window, and talked one of the associates into letting me have most of them. They rang up at a penny a piece. I'm willing to bet they have all sorts of odd shit back there; during the green tag clearances, I'd see almost any game I wanted in the back, although no tickets were out on the floor. I'd go to the security desk, ask for them to print a ticket, and scored.[/quote]Damn, I wonder if it still is that bad. I remember them handing me a couple items from back there that were pretty dusty but I could only imagine the shit they have laying back there.

I had my eye on those DOA Ultimates on the Target clearance endcap, but I was waiting for them to drop under $10. The endcap was full, then I checked back a few days later & it was just gone - did they move it again?

[quote name='jah2004']I sleep in Prattville but go to school and work in Montgomery too. You dont go to AUM do you? I was going to get in that line in Pville for a Wii but like an idiot I thought I would waltz right in on Sunday morning and get one. And I was number 19 out of 18 available Wiis at BB this morning. Damn. And you arent missing anything at Ann Street WM, although nobody is ever playing Guitar hero when I go in so thats a plus. Did you get a Wii at Walmart that night? What about you, Neko?[/quote]

Does anybody actually play Guitar Hero at any of the Wal-Marts XD I always see some kids pick it up, give it a try, and are instantly owned and then I step in, play a little bit and then other people are inspired to try again, and fail. But yeah, no one to wait on for Guitar Hero. Makes time in the store fly.

And no, did not get Wii that night. Haven't gotten it yet. Priorities got suddenly shifted before launch so probably next month, I'll be ready to go.

And OMG, TRU is still the outdated timewarp I well remember? Wow. I haven't been there in SO long. I wanna drop in when I'm on that side of town... but wow. I so have to visit now. It'll prolly bring back memories.

I drew a crowd at the P'ville location when I played a few weeks back. It helped that I turned the volume up on the monitor they had it running on as well.

[quote name='argyle']I had my eye on those DOA Ultimates on the Target clearance endcap, but I was waiting for them to drop under $10. The endcap was full, then I checked back a few days later & it was just gone - did they move it again?[/QUOTE]

They didn't move it, but all the shoppers this weekend decimated everything on the endcap from what my brother said. While working there this weekend, he got rammed in the ribs by some old woman with a shopping cart on BF.

If anybody sees any classic controllers or nunchucks anywhere around here, please post it here. I haven't checked out Kmart or WalMart in Prattville yet for them.. but from my understanding, Kmart didn't get anything Wii related.

[quote name='jah2004']I sleep in Prattville but go to school and work in Montgomery too. You dont go to AUM do you? I was going to get in that line in Pville for a Wii but like an idiot I thought I would waltz right in on Sunday morning and get one. And I was number 19 out of 18 available Wiis at BB this morning. Damn. And you arent missing anything at Ann Street WM, although nobody is ever playing Guitar hero when I go in so thats a plus. Did you get a Wii at Walmart that night? What about you, Neko?[/QUOTE]

Really? My g/f and I were there, #7 or #8 I think. She went up there to get it as a surprise.. I woke up at 8:30 feeling the aftereffects of Crown Royal, and called her to find out she had been there since 8. I felt like shit for it, but it was nice as hell of her. Funny thing is she was the one playing it most of the day.

I've gone to AUM for about.. shit.. since 99 I think. Made it up to junior as a history major, and changed to business/IS when I started with my current employer 4 years ago (they started picking up the tab :) ). I lost so many damned credits.. but it still counted towards my GPA, which is around 3.2 for nearly a decade's worth of school. I didn't go though for about a year as I lived in GA for a while, and came back. My family lives in Prattville, and I moved to Montgomery earlier this year. Saves a little bit of dough with the drive to the office and living near AUM.

I'll finally be done in fall 07. As long as I've gone, I deserve a statue erected after my likeness and the business building named after me.

I have yet to see any Wii accessories anywhere. I've seen a couple of Wii starter pack thingies, but no controllers, no nunchuck, didley squat. I never imagined a shortage of EVERYTHING.

Yeah, especially when it seems to me that Montgomery is getting a very low number of consoles in comparison to other markets. BB has received 2 shipments of 24 and 18, Circuit City only received around 12, the Walmarts haven't received second shipments, etc.

The only accessories that I need right now is another Wii-Mote, maybe a classic controller, and some damn component cables. My Wii looks horible on my HDTV. Nintendo should have expected this though, I have no idea why they made the cables so hard to come by at launch. I hope that the order I put in at Nintendo's store ships tomorrow though.

[quote name='Negronometry']The only accessories that I need right now is another Wii-Mote, maybe a classic controller, and some damn component cables. My Wii looks horible on my HDTV. Nintendo should have expected this though, I have no idea why they made the cables so hard to come by at launch. I hope that the order I put in at Nintendo's store ships tomorrow though.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling, it looks like ass on my 50" Sammy DLP. I haven't even opened Zelda yet. I checked the Wetumpka and Ann St Walmarts tonight, as well as their respective Gamespots nearby, for nunchucks and classic controllers after work with no success. Atlanta Hwy may still have those 2 Wiimotes left. Has anybody checked Prattvegas Walmart?

[quote name='jah2004']I was in Prattvegas WM last night and there were no Wiimotes or nunchucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just dropped by Atlanta Hwy Walmart on the way home from class. No motes, no chucks, and most importantly.. no classic controllers. The stocker had no clue if it had come in on the truck tonight. What the hell, did Nintendo just say fuck Montgomery? I stopped by Crapstop tonight and asked, and they said a shipment would likely arrive this week. I don't really want to venture onto the virtual console until I get one, as I think that playing SM64 would be annoying with a GC controller. I wonder how Rhino is looking, and if GameZone even carries Wii stuff.

[quote name='Skylander7']Yeah, I just dropped by Atlanta Hwy Walmart on the way home from class. No motes, no chucks, and most importantly.. no classic controllers. The stocker had no clue if it had come in on the truck tonight. What the hell, did Nintendo just say fuck Montgomery? I stopped by Crapstop tonight and asked, and they said a shipment would likely arrive this week. I don't really want to venture onto the virtual console until I get one, as I think that playing SM64 would be annoying with a GC controller. I wonder how Rhino is looking, and if GameZone even carries Wii stuff.[/quote]I'm pretty sure Rhino should still have some. I should have stopped by on that Friday I was out there.

I just scored my Wii! Target got a shipment in this morning of 22 consoles. There were still something like 10-12 left in the case after I got mine. They did not get any controllers in though. I was on my way to school and my mom called and told me they were in (she works there). I think of all the times I have skipped classes this is by far the best.

I can't speak for their Wii stuff, but Rhino is having issues w/ PS3 stuff. They've had no accessories whatsoever for it, and the 2 games I wanted for the system - Resistance and Genji - they never got. I broke down & bought Resistance from Worst Buy, but I'm holding out for Genji hoping that Rhino gets it in soon.

I know they have a small selection of Wii games, but I haven't seen any accessories for it either. Again, I wasn't really looking, but....

[quote name='jah2004']I just scored my Wii! Target got a shipment in this morning of 22 consoles. There were still something like 10-12 left in the case after I got mine. They did not get any controllers in though. I was on my way to school and my mom called and told me they were in (she works there). I think of all the times I have skipped classes this is by far the best.[/quote]

Wow, what a good day to skip class. Congrats:applause: (Can I come over? j/k)

[quote name='argyle']I can't speak for their Wii stuff, but Rhino is having issues w/ PS3 stuff. They've had no accessories whatsoever for it, and the 2 games I wanted for the system - Resistance and Genji - they never got. I broke down & bought Resistance from Worst Buy, but I'm holding out for Genji hoping that Rhino gets it in soon.

I know they have a small selection of Wii games, but I haven't seen any accessories for it either. Again, I wasn't really looking, but....[/QUOTE]

You just saved me a trip, that's for sure. I haven't been over there lately.. after management changed, I got a bit annoyed at the place.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't get Resistance.. if you carry the PS3 stuff, why not carry the biggest game on the system? Rhino has some weird distribution issues sometimes.

Target had some Wii stuff on Wed. I was able to snag a classic controller, and they had some Wiimotes. They sold out of all of it shortly thereafter though.

I'm still on the hunt for a nunchuck. I called Ann St. Walmart last night, and was told that they had "a bunch" of nunchucks and Wiimotes. I drove down there after class, and was laughed at by this dumbass in electronics. He said some guy came through on Wed. and bought every Wiimote and Nunchuck they had on the shelf (he claimed around 20 of each type). fucking profiteering dumbasses in this town. I'm almost willing to bet that they'll show up on either Ebay or The Bulletin Board. I can understand flipping a PS3 on launch day.. but buying up every accessory on a shelf?

I talked to the manager in electronics, and she apologized about the situation. She then took me over to the checkout counter, and called the other WM's in town to check for stock. No luck.. however, it was kinda nice to see some customer service in a Walmart. I thanked her for the help, as she apologized for her employee "obviously not knowing what they were talking about."

[quote name='Skylander7']Target had some Wii stuff on Wed. I was able to snag a classic controller, and they had some Wiimotes. They sold out of all of it shortly thereafter though.

I'm still on the hunt for a nunchuck. I called Ann St. Walmart last night, and was told that they had "a bunch" of nunchucks and Wiimotes. I drove down there after class, and was laughed at by this dumbass in electronics. He said some guy came through on Wed. and bought every Wiimote and Nunchuck they had on the shelf (he claimed around 20 of each type). fucking profiteering dumbasses in this town. I'm almost willing to bet that they'll show up on either Ebay or The Bulletin Board. I can understand flipping a PS3 on launch day.. but buying up every accessory on a shelf?

I talked to the manager in electronics, and she apologized about the situation. She then took me over to the checkout counter, and called the other WM's in town to check for stock. No luck.. however, it was kinda nice to see some customer service in a Walmart. I thanked her for the help, as she apologized for her employee "obviously not knowing what they were talking about."[/quote]

Heh, guess all those nunchuks at the Boulevard Wal-Mart got snatched up. There was plenty for all the other night. Good luck in your hunt.

Actually, I know of the guy that did that. He only planned to put up one wiimote/nunchuck bundle on ebay...the rest he sold at cost to friends.

WHATS UP DOG. IM A DUMBASS CUZ I BE MAKIN THAT DOLLA OFF YOU DUMBASS GAMERS?? I STR8 GANKED ALL THOSE MOTHER F'IN CONTROLLERS AND SLAP PUT THOSE BITCHES ON EBAY CUZ. TELLZ YOU WHAT. IF YOU WANT ONE, BID ON IT, WIN THE AUCTION, AND I WILL GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT ON SHIPPIN SINCE WE LIVE IN THE SAME CITY. IM BOUT TO GET PAID BITCH WHILE YO WHITE ASS IS SITTIN ON THE COUCH WITHOUT A NUNCHUCK. THATS HOW WE BE ROLLIN IN DA GUMP SO YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE CHIEF! DONT BE COMIN DOWN TO THA SOUTHSIDE WHITE BOY ELSE YOU MIGHT GET DEALT WITH!

[quote name='Skylander7']Target had some Wii stuff on Wed. I was able to snag a classic controller, and they had some Wiimotes. They sold out of all of it shortly thereafter though.

I talked to the manager in electronics, and she apologized about the situation. She then took me over to the checkout counter, and called the other WM's in town to check for stock. No luck.. however, it was kinda nice to see some customer service in a Walmart. I thanked her for the help, as she apologized for her employee "obviously not knowing what they were talking about."[/quote]

[quote name='ggallin']WHATS UP DOG. IM A DUMBASS CUZ I BE MAKIN THAT DOLLA OFF YOU DUMBASS GAMERS?? I STR8 GANKED ALL THOSE MOTHER F'IN CONTROLLERS AND SLAP PUT THOSE BITCHES ON EBAY CUZ. TELLZ YOU WHAT. IF YOU WANT ONE, BID ON IT, WIN THE AUCTION, AND I WILL GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT ON SHIPPIN SINCE WE LIVE IN THE SAME CITY. IM BOUT TO GET PAID BITCH WHILE YO WHITE ASS IS SITTIN ON THE COUCH WITHOUT A NUNCHUCK. THATS HOW WE BE ROLLIN IN DA GUMP SO YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE CHIEF! DONT BE COMIN DOWN TO THA SOUTHSIDE WHITE BOY ELSE YOU MIGHT GET DEALT WITH![/QUOTE]
This ought to be funny...

bread's done
Back