One and Only "____ is wrong with my Wii" General Questions/Help Topic.

[quote name='Eviltude']Here we are. One and only Wii general help topic. Now who desires wisdom from the wise one?[/QUOTE]

Alright wise one-- tell me what the fuck "error code 220602" is :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']Alright wise one-- tell me what the fuck "error code 220602" is :lol:[/QUOTE]
Oh, I'm not the fucking wise one. He lives down Drewry Lane.

I can't connect to the internet using my linksys wireless router it finds the access point but when it tests the connection i get error code 51330

So I am able to connect with my DS---but I can't get into the shop with my Wii. Hmmm.

Is the Wii Shop hard to get into/not really working for most people right now???

basically: Is it them.. or us (..or our systems??!?)

[quote name='lilboo']So I am able to connect with my DS---but I can't get into the shop with my Wii. Hmmm.

Is the Wii Shop hard to get into/not really working for most people right now???

basically: Is it them.. or us (..or our systems??!?)[/quote]

The first time I tried connecting I got an error message, but I signed in again afterwards and everything was good.

Nintendo customer service sucks.
I had to ask the cust rep 3 times to get them to ship my replacement ac adapter faster. They should have overnighted the damn thing to me since I have a $250 paper weight and some games that are also paper weights till the new adapter comes in.

They wanted to ship me an ac adapter with 3-8 day shipping which I refused. I assume he asks his manager then comes back with 3-5 days.... I ask for even faster shipping and he comes back with 2-3 days and says "this is a one time exception." Shit I better not need another exception to make my wii work out of the box after waiting 11 hours in line for the damn thing. The manager or whoever he had to confirm with should have offered to send it asap to begin with...

How the fuck are they (Nintendo) going to be giving out error codes, then you go to their fucking website and they don't know what the fuck that error code means??

How come technology just doesn't work proper these days??????

My sensor bar isn't as flat as it should be. If I use the stand and place it below the TV it'll work alright, but if placed above the TC it is not flat enough to stick on both sides. Is this a common thing, or should I try to exchange it when Wiis are more readily available?

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']My sensor bar isn't as flat as it should be. If I use the stand and place it below the TV it'll work alright, but if placed above the TC it is not flat enough to stick on both sides. Is this a common thing, or should I try to exchange it when Wiis are more readily available?[/quote]

If it's really a problem you can always just order another sensor bar, they're $10 at the nintendo store.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...707&lastAction=ProductDisplay&orderTotal=null

[quote name='lilboo']How the fuck are they (Nintendo) going to be giving out error codes, then you go to their fucking website and they don't know what the fuck that error code means??

How come technology just doesn't work proper these days??????[/QUOTE]

yep. this error code thing is dumb. I'm hoping it's just a network overload issue and that all will be well soon.

The weird thing is, I got the updates with no problems. I just can't get into the wii store.

I had problems getting into the Wii store too. I kept getting an error message saying it couldn't find a connection when I had just connected. I restarted my computer (connected to my router) and it then worked fine for a few minutes before crapping out again eventually. I was able to dl Donkey Kong and Zelda tho...Zelda took what seemed like forever to dl.

[quote name='lawdood']I had problems getting into the Wii store too. I kept getting an error message saying it couldn't find a connection when I had just connected. I restarted my computer (connected to my router) and it then worked fine for a few minutes before crapping out again eventually. I was able to dl Donkey Kong and Zelda tho...Zelda took what seemed like forever to dl.[/quote]
Sounds to me like it could just be too much traffic...but I really have no idea. I had no problem at 3 this morning...

I had a few errors, restarted my system and I was all good. Downloaded F-Zero in less than 30 seconds. All was good after that.

If anyone is having trouble with the Wiimote detecting where they are pointing all the time, try this:

Bar on top of TV, sensitivity 5.

When you go to adjust sensitivity, it says to do it till there are only 2 dots...screw that. I find that it works MUCH better all the way at 5. On 2, where I was getting 2 dots, it had a large dead zone outside of the screen and I needed to have the wiimote raised up, but on 5, it pretty much detects where I'm pointing it regardless of how high I'm holding the wiimote.

Just a suggestion.

[quote name='the3rdkey']error code 110213 after the firmware update for me. i am fucked.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, thats the code mine was giving me so I called nintendo. They told me that my system was corrupt, so a new Wii is on its way.

For the people having problems connecting to the network, make sure you are not blocking the MAC address with the router. Also may want to try taking the security off just to see if it connects, and if it does, enable it again and test. Hopefully this can narrow down some of the problems.

I have a Linksys WRT54G and I connected just fine.

I'm now getting the 51330 message, which by Nintendo.com says its unable to connect to the access point. Well, I connected a few times yesterday. Now today I can't?

I never had any trouble with my PC, DS, 360, or PSP.. Siiiiiiiiigh!!!!

[quote name='Zmonkay']If anyone is having trouble with the Wiimote detecting where they are pointing all the time, try this:

Bar on top of TV, sensitivity 5.

When you go to adjust sensitivity, it says to do it till there are only 2 dots...screw that. I find that it works MUCH better all the way at 5. On 2, where I was getting 2 dots, it had a large dead zone outside of the screen and I needed to have the wiimote raised up, but on 5, it pretty much detects where I'm pointing it regardless of how high I'm holding the wiimote.

Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Where do you control the sensitivity? I read most of the Wii's documentation and I experimented with most menus and never saw this. I know Zelda has its own in-game calibration, so is this an in-game settings or what?

I can't connect to the internet or anything using my linksys wireless router. It can't even find the connection/access point and the router is literally next to the Wii. So annoying. Any ideas?

My only issue so far is some serious jaggies in the games (Wii Sports, Rayman and Zelda). I'm running component cables and in 480p but especially in Zelda, it's jaggy as hell. Anyone else notice this? I popped in the first Metroid Prime and everything was smooth as butter. Did I miss a setting on Zelda or what?
-G

[quote name='javeryh']I can't connect to the internet or anything using my linksys wireless router. It can't even find the connection/access point and the router is literally next to the Wii. So annoying. Any ideas?[/quote]

What is your router model? Can your DS connect to it?

i had to update the firm ware on my router before that i got error codes starting w/ 55 after i updated, smooth sailing....

[quote name='lebowsky']What is your router model? Can your DS connect to it?[/quote]

It's the WRT54G I think. I haven't tried connecting my DS yet. My computer connects to it though even though the signal is generally weak. I need a tech guy to come to my house and make sure everything is set up and working properly. I could have faulty equipment and not even know it.

[quote name='simplygriff']My only issue so far is some serious jaggies in the games (Wii Sports, Rayman and Zelda). I'm running component cables and in 480p but especially in Zelda, it's jaggy as hell. Anyone else notice this? I popped in the first Metroid Prime and everything was smooth as butter. Did I miss a setting on Zelda or what?
-G[/quote]

Me too. Not sure what the problem is either. Pikmin on my Gamecube and God of War on the PS2 both look amazing in progressive scan.

[quote name='javeryh']It's the WRT54G I think. I haven't tried connecting my DS yet. My computer connects to it though even though the signal is generally weak. I need a tech guy to come to my house and make sure everything is set up and working properly. I could have faulty equipment and not even know it.[/quote]
Just a thought, yo umight need a firmware upgrade. Flip your router over and on the labelm it should say WRT54g ver. X where X is your version number. Go here and find your model.

Login to your router via a webbrowser and at the top right it should say what firmware version you have. Looking through the firmware updates, there's patches that have been released after yours got loaded to fix problems with "game servers" which may very well fix your problem.

If you need more help, let me know, or I'd be happy to walk you through it via AIM or something. It's pretty painless to upgrade.

[quote name='javeryh']...
Me too. Not sure what the problem is either. Pikmin on my Gamecube and God of War on the PS2 both look amazing in progressive scan.[/QUOTE]

I think we may be SOL... This screenshot is jaggy as crap too.
the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20061110104845915.jpg

-G

I don't think Wii Shop will ever let me in. I don't even want to buy anything, just want to check it out. I got as far as attempting to link my MyNintendo account with it last night, at which point it attempted to connect forever before I shut it off. Now it's reverted back to attempting to connect to the channel forever. You'd think they'd either let you cancel the connection or have it timeout before three hours.

are the system updates supposed to download slow?

my Wii detected/connected to my NetGear router just fine, but these downloads are going really slow.

in the middle of a download, it just stopped. :(

[quote name='asianxcore']are the system updates supposed to download slow?

my Wii detected/connected to my NetGear router just fine, but these downloads are going really slow.[/quote]I doubt they're supposed to be, but they are. Servers are probably still swamped. Or they could be big updates, who knows.

[quote name='botticus']I don't think Wii Shop will ever let me in. I don't even want to buy anything, just want to check it out. I got as far as attempting to link my MyNintendo account with it last night, at which point it attempted to connect forever before I shut it off. Now it's reverted back to attempting to connect to the channel forever. You'd think they'd either let you cancel the connection or have it timeout before three hours.[/QUOTE]

Here's what worked for me and others:

Change your wireless channel from 6 to something like 11.

It worked fine after that for me.

[quote name='simplygriff']My only issue so far is some serious jaggies in the games (Wii Sports, Rayman and Zelda). I'm running component cables and in 480p but especially in Zelda, it's jaggy as hell.[/QUOTE]

Stupid question but....did you change your TV resolution to EDTV/HDTV 480p in the Wii settings/option menu?

Also thanks Botticus for the reply. I guess I'm silly for expecting the servers to be super fast, 1 day after launch :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Stupid question but....did you change your TV resolution to EDTV/HDTV 480p in the Wii settings/option menu?
...[/QUOTE]

Not a stupid question at all... I did change it and I double checked it. Have you tried it? Is yours jaggy? Are there video options for Wii games or is all handled through the system itself now. I've seen none in Wii Sports, Rayman or Zelda.
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']Not a stupid question at all... I did change it and I double checked it. Have you tried it? Is yours jaggy? Are there video options for Wii games or is all handled through the system itself now. I've seen none in Wii Sports, Rayman or Zelda.
-G[/quote]

Heh, I never changed that setting... The only setting I messed with was 16:9 versus 4:3. I'll try it when I get home and see if it makes a difference. I need to read the instructions or something...

zelda looks great when I play it, no jaggedness. TV is a CRT run in 4:3

I didnt have any trouble with the internet. Just hardcode your IP information and DNS.

After the firmware update, the wii remote didnt work. Resetting the system did nothing. I had to unplug the wii from the wall to get things back to normal

Just a heads up for anyone needing work on their system. I got the advanced replacement deal for mine (give them your CC number, they send you a new system and a paid return label to send the broken one back to them at no cost). Called Sunday afternoon (launch day), it shipped out today (Monday) via UPSBlue

Upon exiting the Wii Shop today, the console froze. The Wiimote was able to turn on and off, reconnecting to the console and everything, but the Wii froze. Had to hold the button down on it until the light went red. Started it back up with no issues.

Dang I just got the unit today and twice when I fed the console Wii Sports, it would just hang for a minute and finally state something like, "There is something wrong, eject the game and turn off the console." After restarting it played fine but when I decided to play it a 2nd time (after BSing around the Mii channel and while the game was still in the console), the same message popped up.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Upon exiting the Wii Shop today, the console froze. The Wiimote was able to turn on and off, reconnecting to the console and everything, but the Wii froze. Had to hold the button down on it until the light went red. Started it back up with no issues.[/quote]

Mine locked up after exiting the Mii channel today. Just a black screen for like 3 minutes and I had to power it completely down. No problems after that but that doesn't make me happy to see things like that happening on day 2.

For anyone who cannot connect with a linksys router, if you haven;t already, change the wireless mode to mixed. It won;t work if its on G.

Now, if I could download that freaking update (it always downloads a bit, then nothing for 10 minutes, then it errors out).

it takes me a few attempts to get into Wii Shop. it usually loads and loads and loads and doesnt do anything and i have to unplug the system. staying connected 24/7 slows my internet down hardcore.

-marc

Blah, now the second update just quit d/l ing and its just stuck on the "dont turn off" screen. After reading about the firmware stuff, I dont wanna unplug it either.

[quote name='moojuice']For anyone who cannot connect with a linksys router, if you haven;t already, change the wireless mode to mixed. It won;t work if its on G.

Now, if I could download that freaking update (it always downloads a bit, then nothing for 10 minutes, then it errors out).[/QUOTE]

How exactly? You must mean on the router, but my router works fine with my DS. Unless there is a setting I'm not seeing on my Wii.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Upon exiting the Wii Shop today, the console froze. The Wiimote was able to turn on and off, reconnecting to the console and everything, but the Wii froze. Had to hold the button down on it until the light went red. Started it back up with no issues.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen when I closed the Mii Channel tonight. The screen just went blank. I was able to eject a disc, and, eventually, I just held the power button down to turn it off. Came back up fine. It seems maybe there are some glitches in channel closing. Hopefully it won't happen too often. My family has logged a ton of hours on the thing in the last 2 days and that was the only glitch so far. I'd rather have it happen there than during a game, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.

Same thing with the Wiimotes as Z-Saber saw - they seemed to be responding to the console (as was the disc eject), so it wasn't a "hard" freeze. But the power button on the remote didn't work and NEITHER DID THE RESET on the system, which is a bit wierd.

bread's done
Back