The Yobo

PlumeNoir

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have heard about this ever since the patents on the NES expired; the Yobo console plays old NES carts without having to deal with any piracy concerns.

Anyone have any experience with these and are they any good? Plus, I see alot being offered on eBay for around $10, so are there any B&M stores that carry them?

TIA...

Update: Because I'm an idiot, Yobo is the name of the company, and I think the player is the Neo something...I'm about to go back to google now...

EDIT 2: Kinda NM, I didn't see this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116021

So...now, I guess I'm looking for recommendations!

They do play most NES games but there's a few flaws in these bootlegs.

1. Some games are unplayable. Most popular games will play but more of the obscure ones will not play.

2. They're made like crap. They break incredibly easy. I had the Superjoy III and a Yobo along with a Polystation crap out on me for NO reason whatsoever. Don't expect much durability from a NES knockoff.

3. They fake famicoms. Most of them do anyways. A real NES knockoff is a relative rarity. Are you sure it's a nes? Not a Famicom with the converter which is more common with this sort of item?

4. The music is NOT emulated properly. The knockoffs use a different sound chip then the actual NES or Famicom. The sound while it will play is significantly different.

5. The controllers just suck.

Hope this helps you with the Yobo and the NES/Famiclones in general.

bread's done
Back