Panasonic TH-42PX60U $1199

airwavexiii

CAGiversary!
Just ordered the Panasonic TH-42PX60U at circuit city. I couldnt get in on the BestBuy deal for $999 so I picked this up for $1199 and have to get it delivered because it is not available in store in my area. $200 more but I got to sleep in and didnt have to wait out in the rain. I also picked up a 2GB SD card for $30. Dont know much about HDTVs but this seemed to get good reviews. Does anyone know where to get cheap cables or a wall mount?

I got lucky & got one from BB for $999. Just set it up tonight, hooked up my PS3 to it, and had a very pleasant surprise: it does 1080p. The PS3 detected that as my max resolution. I thought maybe it was confused at first, but I checked to see what the TV was displaying on the menu and sure enough it said 1080p. Popped in a blu-ray movie, and it still said 1080p - and looked stunning. I am VERY happy I decided to upgrade to this set last night. :)

Someone said on another forum that it only accepts a 1080p signal, but displays it at 720p. But it shows that the output is 1080p, so honestly I have no idea. It looks gorgeous, I know that.

I really wanted to get this tv for $999, but wasn't wanting to wait out all night. I was considering getting it from CC's website, but didn't end up getting it. I am hoping there are some good deals around the superbowl weekend, then maybe I will finally go for a HDTV.

Panasonic plasma sucks, no anti burn in features, BERNIE'S in the northeast had the Hitachi 42VS69 for 1299, now that's a fucking good deal on a tv.

[quote name='alive741']Panasonic plasma sucks, no anti burn in features, BERNIE'S in the northeast had the Hitachi 42VS69 for 1299, now that's a fucking good deal on a tv.[/QUOTE]

Meh, anything anyone buys, someone else thinks it sucks. I did my research, and it got enough glowing reviews/recommendations that I was confident in the purchase. And it looks beautiful, so I'm very happy. :)

Got this set myself. Very good set. Have had it for over a month. I upgraded from a Sony 32" HD CRT. I paid $1599 for mine though. I got shanked by Sears...btw they only price match ONCE within 30 days (cock swiggers)

I picked up the 50" 60U model like megathunder for $2000 at Tweeter (some product line as Argyl). I went with tweeter because they offered me a 5 year warranty for $350, while the CC warranty was 500 for 3 years.

I must say that I had a difficult time choosing between this one and the 600U model for $2500 and the Pioneer 5016 for $2500. Chose the 60U because the only 2 features I would like/use on the 600U are the PC Input (for my 360) and the nicer mostly black bezel (frame). But I could justify $500 just for a little bit better picture on my 360 and cosmetics. The Pioneer was basically a Tweeter exclusive and I really liked, but I couldn't find any concrete information on it. I swear these electronics companies hide the important specs of there products better than any government agency.

[quote name='argyle']Meh, anything anyone buys, someone else thinks it sucks. I did my research, and it got enough glowing reviews/recommendations that I was confident in the purchase. And it looks beautiful, so I'm very happy. :)[/quote]

I agree 100% Argyl!!! Panasonic was number one by consumer reports for there 50" 600U model, this is the same tv without the bells and whistles, everything truly important is the same.

The only thing consistently better that I have seen are the Pioneer models, and they make you pay for it.

The TH-42PX60U (as most of the plasma HDTVs are) is not a true 1080p display. It has a native resolution of 1024x768. It will downconvert 1080 signals to 720p for display. What you're seeing is a 720p imagery.

Nevertheless, Panasonic and Pioneer make the best plasma displays in the market.

A review of the 60U

Make sure you read the above review and get the optimal setting values for your 60U :D

[quote name='argyle']Meh, anything anyone buys, someone else thinks it sucks. I did my research, and it got enough glowing reviews/recommendations that I was confident in the purchase. And it looks beautiful, so I'm very happy. :)[/quote]

Agreed. I've had a Panasonic plasma for 3 years now and it's still freaking amazing looking - and ZERO burn-in. It's a TH-50PX20 (I think) - does anyone know if I will be able to play PS3 games on it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't display 720p but I also think it has an internal scaler. 1080i is the maximum resolution and games on my Xbox 360 look fantastic.

[quote name='javeryh']Agreed. I've had a Panasonic plasma for 3 years now and it's still freaking amazing looking - and ZERO burn-in. It's a TH-50PX20 (I think) - does anyone know if I will be able to play PS3 games on it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't display 720p but I also think it has an internal scaler. 1080i is the maximum resolution and games on my Xbox 360 look fantastic.[/quote]

I though all Flat Panels are progressive scan?? Regardless, the answer is yes.... eventually. Right now the PS3 will not upscale to 1080i, but Sony is releasing a patch to fix this blunder

bread's done
Back